Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ONG BAK: The Thai Warrior (Tony Ja)

I also have a back-up copy of KFH. I prefer the back-up copy of Shaolin Soccer, though.

OK... I watched it. After all the hype, I was disappointed. It was pretty much like any Kung Fu movie ever made. I guess because it was Muay Thai instead of kung fu it made some people here cream their jeans.

I give it 2.5 stars.

I'd have given it the same rating if not for three things:

1: The cave fight scene was so poorly lit that it obscured a lot of the action.

2: I saw the boom mike drop into the screen WAY too often.

3: The taxi chase scene. It was boring, too long, and the AWFUL music in the background during that scene gave me a headache.

1.5 stars out of 5 and it was lucky to get that. A totally disappointing film.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

I did get a chuckle out of the "too much smoochy smoochy not enough knifey knifey" comment about HoFD though.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

the warrior

not musa, but I saw a really weird movie that came out this week. it is 22.99 and no way I'm gonna find out how it is for that much money. I did some research, and it actually came out in 2001!!! Another great miramax release. Hopefully somebody has seen it. It says it won like 173 british film awards. If juna reads this, i'm sure he will post all of them
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

"Warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriorsssssssssssssss sss, come out to
    playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

"Warriorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssss come out to,
    playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

"Warriorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs come out to playyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

hey

you know that gang that wears the baseball uniforms, then you've seen me. Me and five of my gang member friends are coming over to annihilate your leathre jacket gang
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

Quote Originally Posted by jethro
    you know that gang that wears the baseball uniforms, then you've seen me. Me and five of my gang member friends are coming over to annihilate your leathre jacket gang

Hey relax! It wasn't us! We didn't do it! It was the Rogues!
    Just ask Swan or even Cowboy!

If you attack us with your bats, we will be forced to get support from the "Lizzies" and the "Public Washroom Gang" that hangs out at Union Station!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/the_warrior.html

i'm curious if that movie is worth of penny. anybody seen it already?

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nobody has seen this?

Hey people from the uk, you have to reach back in your memory banks to 2001 when it came oput, but I am still waiting for juna to post all of the awards this movie won.

Gene-
    can you tell me why miramax just leaves all these movies sitting on their shelves for years and years?

And cobra, I still have a couple more rogues to interview, but it's not looking too good for you

nobody has seen this?

Hey people from the uk, you have to reach back in your memory banks to 2001 when it came oput, but I am still waiting for juna to post all of the awards this movie won.

Gene-
    can you tell me why miramax just leaves all these movies sitting on their shelves for years and years?

And cobra, I still have a couple more rogues to interview, but it's not looking too good for you

Haha! TOo late! Me and the Warriors already reached Coney Island! YOu can still come meet me and Swan if you like on COney Island though.

We'll be under the big Farris wheel. YOu won't miss it, there will be 2 wino's and a guy who looks like Mike Tyson operating the Farris wheel.

Funny, even though Coney Island's amusement parks for the most part have been dead for the past 2 decades?
    Last edited by Cobra Commander; 05-15-2006 at 11:34 AM.

Ong-Bak, Thai Warrior

I rented it last week from Hollywood Video. Tony Jaa looks pretty tough. It had some funny/corny parts in it and the acting wasn't great but it had a couple of good fights. Some are more realistic than others, but the guy's technique looks solid. I will be looking for more titles from this actor, and from the general production team. I'll recommend it.

Exclamation not ong bak either

not musa, but I saw a really weird movie that came out this week. it is 22.99 and no way I'm gonna find out how it is for that much money. I did some research, and it actually came out in 2001!!! Another great miramax release. Hopefully somebody has seen it. It says it won like 173 british film awards. If juna reads this, i'm sure he will post all of them

But I am sure that beat the s**t out of this movie.

coney island is MY spot, I took it over a year ago

dude you are done for now. I am bringing my own mike tyson look-alike with me and let's just say I got a couple of surprises that are staying revealed, but I WILL BE THERE PUNK

dude you are done for now. I am bringing my own mike tyson look-alike with me and let's just say I got a couple of surprises that are staying revealed, but I WILL BE THERE PUNK

Bring it on

I also got a gay Chuck Norris look-a-like who operates the haunted house on the other side of Coney Island. So its all gooooood! lol