Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tsui Hark's "Seven Swords"

Seven Swords - Review

Hey folks,

My search fu is weak as i cannot find info here with a review for this movie. I saw it at blockbuster the other day and hesitated on getting it, so i ended up watching Blades or Glory instead. What did you guys think of Seven Swords?

Lohankuen1

It you put 'seven swords' in the 'search this forum' box, you get two pages of threads. I've merged this to the main one for the film your convenience. Also note, there was a related TV series called Seven Swordsman.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

My laziness came into play....

Thanks for the merge Gene. I tried that method and my laziness took over when i saw all those pages pop up.

What put me off this film was the 2.5hr sit time i had to go through and not sure if there would be enough fight scenes to keep me wanting more. I sure didn't want it to turn into another House of Flying Daggers, which i disliked, or MUSA, which i also disliked. Maybe i wasn't ready for it at the time and my little pea brain needed more fights to keep me interested.

From the sounds of it, or Gene's lack of sounds of it, i may fork out the $6 and rent it to see the final Yen fight, which would be worth the price of admission in its own right. I have always enjoyed Donnie's fights and his recent stuff is the new breed which all action cheoreographers shoulkd be shooting towards.

Thanks for the help guys.

Check out the Seven Swordsmen TV show instead. It is SOOO much better than the movie.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Personally imho this movie is really terrible to watch. The action was just terrible. The kung fu was terrible. Just terrible.