Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where the story is from

Are those the sources YOU used yourself to verify that what you were stating was FACT and not "legend?" If so, then that's where I'll start.

I won't be able to travel, but I know people in the area that will be able to check and copy the information for me. And as for Classical Chinese... no problem there.

No caveat necessary... the only person afraid of the truth is a liar.

-Levi

Its times like this that I love being married to a chinese girl!

She translated the scripts just as Hendrik described. My question is "is it authentic"? If so then very interesting bit of history, very interesting indeed...

Are those the sources YOU used yourself to verify that what you were stating was FACT and not "legend?" If so, then that's where I'll start. ----------

Sure.
    That is a small sample of the collections from the total .

I was lucky to be jump start by my sifus. such as,

From my late Sifu Cho Hong Choy who is the leader of Cho Family and Yik Kam WCK, I inherit lots of documents. From my late sifu Ven. Hsuan Hua who is the patraich of Chan who was certified by Ven Hsu Yun, I learn lots of Chan Buddhism, history, teaching and practiced.

In addition, after a large scanning in various WCK histories, it seems that the trace of WCK might exist within an area from Shang Hai to Canton, From Tawian To SzeChuan. the area also has massive migration activity for the business men from fujian to sze Chuan....etc in 1700's and after.

we scan things from different angles within the area, such as we have seen the published book compile by the anti-Qing's decendent, We have seen Chan teaching according to White Lotus sect which is not Chan at all but a heretic cult. ....ect ect...Thus, we know about the Emei 12 Zhuang. We also know what type of art is FA Kuen. where very very likely the original name of Fa Kuen's original comes from and what does it means before everyone uses that name. different type of Jing training process......ect...

It is a fun journey to see what was happening from the area.

I won't be able to travel, but I know people in the area that will be able to check and copy the information for me. And as for Classical Chinese... no problem there. -----------------

Great.

however, I suggest visiting the place is a much great help.

I recently find out a respectable westerner Mantis practioner had went to China live there for years to learn and trace about Mantis history. I have a great respect for him. he did think right because he is in the front line to understand and learn about all side of the stories.

There is no way just to read a few samplers to be able to check out everything. one has to be in the field or front line to get as much information as possible disregards which direction is the wind blown.

As for classical Chinese, a good test is let the person read Shurangama Sutra. if the person can understand the Shurangama classical. Then, one has some understanding of Classical Chinese.

No caveat necessary... the only person afraid of the truth is a liar.--------

You might suprise. since human is complex.

Liars might not afraid the truth because they believe in lying. they believe in manupulating to destroy evidents. Thus, they will do thing to destroy the truth and cover up. smear the scholar... plenty of people are among these group. liar will use another liar to cover up the first lie. for them there is no trut but do anything as soon as dont get caugt anyway.

Honest people might afraid of truth because they know they cant got things 100% right. and thus, if some people with evil intend purposely attack them on the 0.5% which is off. All the 99.5% which is Truth might be smear black and thier sincery effort wasted.

Business man might afraid of truth because they know they will lost everything if they admit the truth and they have to recall thier products and they will lost everything.

Teachers, grandmasters, Gate holders, might afraid of the Truth because sometimes thier authotity based on a certain myth. if that being expose. They lost thier status and thier organizations....

So human is complex.

But, thus I have heard,
    Human is simple too.
    If we let go our selfish, egoistic, self-righteousness, and self. What to fear ?
    and that is Zen and it is difficult to attain.

just some thoughts.
    Last edited by yellowpikachu; 01-13-2005 at 09:55 AM.

Originally posted by Airdrawndagger
    Its times like this that I love being married to a chinese girl!

She translated the scripts just as Hendrik described. My question is "is it authentic"? If so then very interesting bit of history, very interesting indeed...

Great, you have a wife to help.

But watch out the more she read ,she might find out about the Lady Ser Fu's top secret martial art to beat you

authentic? hey the topic is about "where the story is from" dont shoot the pikachu messenger

well, on the other hand, seriously, we have to be polited and show respect with others custom and tradition.

LADY Ser Fu was prayed to in the ancestor platform of the Training hall of the Anti-Qing and thier decendents. She was thier ancestor. There must be a great reason why they pray to her since some 300 years ago.

we dont want to go as far as questioning rudely to a chinese family's last name or ancestors they pray to. because that is insulting the family as basted. chinese takes thier ancestors and last name very seriously. This is a part of thier tradition.

IMHHHHO.

And Can I be 100% correct?
    Nope. I am lucky if I got 85% right.

just some thoughts.

Bye and see ya later if I have chance to get a terminal.
    Last edited by yellowpikachu; 01-13-2005 at 09:53 AM.