Page 38 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Chan Tai San stories

LOL!!ROFL!!! LMAO!!! Use your imagination.

Knifefighter has fought no holds barred. More then most of you could say.

If that is his name, he is strangely missing entirely from the most comprehensive list of BJJ people who hold rank that exists

http://www.bjj.org/a/alpha.html#F

This has even non black belts listed, and though, while not complete, he's claiming to be a BLACK BELT and that is still a rare thing.....

Frankly, if he has fought MMA, GOOD FOR HIM, has nothing to do with our discussions here. If he is a BJJ black belt, GOOD FOR HIM, has even less to do with our discussions.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

once, and in the end, it was just another match.
    LOL!
    You guys don't think abstractly. His name is there , I know it. And if you would think outside the box, you'd figure it out. Hint whats another name for a hotdog.
    Last edited by SifuAbel; 06-14-2005 at 11:00 AM.

oh, so what you are saying is he's like a mini frank.... a pig in a blanket huh??

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    If that is his name, he is strangely missing entirely from the most comprehensive list of BJJ people who hold rank that exists

http://www.bjj.org/a/alpha.html#F

This has even non black belts listed, and though, while not complete, he's claiming to be a BLACK BELT and that is still a rare thing.....

Frankly, if he has fought MMA, GOOD FOR HIM, has nothing to do with our discussions here. If he is a BJJ black belt, GOOD FOR HIM, has even less to do with our discussions.
    Those, SOB's! How could they leave such an important blue belt as myself off that list!

7. Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    Rein-of-trolling, classic troll, LMFAO at "4 posts".... knifefighter found a new screen name maybe??? Dude, we use TONS of Lama in our fights, you just don't know what Lama is, my guess is, you don't know much of what anything is. I've said many times before, everything I teach fighting wise comes from Chan Tai San. I've switched to more modern training so more people can do it.

As Chris Jurak just attested to, we ALWAYS did full contact sparring. With very little rules. But since we used to do it "old fashioned" our group was never large. Now that I use gloves and gear, I can have many more people do it.

Knife-moron, funny how a guy who has never even met me, much less worked technique with me, can comment on my joint locking ability. But you're just a troll any way. Funny though, my guys, trained by me, have not only escaped submission attempts by BJJ people, we've SUBMITTED BJJ people. Toronto 1998 at Gene LeBell event, my guys submitted their opponents in 4 of the 5 matches we did there.

Don't let reality smack you in the arse on your way out of the thread.....

so you dont teach boxing footwork and hands but double handed punches and swinging arm motions that are the signature trademarks of llama?

Quote Originally Posted by Reign-Of-Terror
    so you dont teach boxing footwork and hands but double handed punches and swinging arm motions that are the signature trademarks of llama?
    Dear lord, I'm accustomed to much higher level trolling. You need to work harder son! We dont' accept laziness from our trolls here..

"double handed punches"? don't know WTF those are supposed to be? But we don't have them in Lama Pai... and what exactly would you know about Lama anyway, dweeb

Swing punches? You mean like hook, overhand, uppercut and back fist? Well, apparently you've never seen my guys fight....

and NO I don't teach "boxing footwork".... all yur doing is demonstrating how much you obvious don't know about any of the topics being discussed

Dude, Knifefighter. Give it up bro....I am a newbie compared to these guys and even I know your full of sh!t man.

You are continually proving yourself to more and more of a retard.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

10. so how is your curriculum any different form a standard san shou curriculum? What unique techniques do you teach that most san shous chools dont?

All I am saying is that makes him more then a troll. He has a good deal of submission experiance. He has posed legitamite arguments. A troll would just say things to **** you off with no basis in reason or logic.

Actually ,I think his arguements against Chan are unfounded and his arguements about certain technques too simplistic.

In one breath he says you shouldn't demonstrate a technique harshly and in the next he dismisses another for doing just that. Contradictory.

Knifefighter fails to see a basic point, there ARE techniques which are dangerous and can result in injury. He only see's thing through his BJJ glasses, ie the techniques which give you time to tap out. Even then, if he's a man he'll admit that many times even these "safe" techniques result in injuries. For a guy who calls himself "knife fighter" he can't see the difference between safe "randori" techniques and more combat ones.

He's also a tool because compared to Chan Tai San, he's a flea on the nut of a rat. He plays with knives, Chan Tai San fought life and death with knives (and guns!!!). Read this entire thread again, remember that Chan Tai San was raised in a very hostile time in China, was a career military man, fought the Japanese, in the civil war and in the Cult Rev. Chan Tai San had various associations over the years with organized crime. Finally, as documented by three major NYC area newspapers we're talking about a man who put three guys with knives who jumped him on 42nd street in the hospitol, and that was when CTS was in his 60's

Furthermore, it's funny how he can assume my skills having never met me. He must underestimate his opponents a lot. I'm not a featherweight whose gonna get choked by a guilotine from the guard!

No offense, really, but you're an idiot....

Did you think there were video cameras back in China in the 1930' and 1940's?? Come on, really, can you be that dumb?

Do you think that people just walked around with them, so any time they got into a fight they could record it? We're not talking about Friday night fights here, we're talking about getting jumped late at night, gang fights, and WAR. Sorry, no camera's on the battle field. You'll just have to take all of Chan Tai San commendations from the army as proof.

In the 1980's Chan Tai San put 3 guys in the hospitol who tried to mug him with knives on 42nd street. Sorry, no film, just the report from 3 newspapers...

Are you another drone living off "Graice in Action" videos???

Let's remember what sorts of "fights" we are talking about when it comes to Chan Tai San. This was posted earlier but apparently coud be posted again

Chan Tai San was a fighter, in every sense of the word. I've talked before about the 42nd street indicent. I think I talked about the time he came home and casually mentioned as he made dinner that he'd been jumped by 7 guys on the subway.... I thought I'd share two stories here tonight...

I was in the association hall on Bayard late one night. At the beginning especially, we'd often be there until 11 or later at night. We fell in love with practice, so much so I dropped out of school for a semester....

This was early on, I didn't speak cantonese really yet, so what transpired remains a mystery to me. Chan Tai San was cooking dinner, a common thing around that hour for him. Two guys came into the associaiton hall, one middle aged (50's) and another rather young (he was my age, early 20's).

Whatever was going on, the middle aged guy did the talking, Chan Tai San was obviously annoyed and waved his hand at the guy. Chan Tai San walked around and the middle aged guy followed him around. The volume of the "discussion" went up and it was clearly an argument after a minute or so....

Sifu Chan was walking across the floor again, when suddenly the young guy took a fighting stance, looked like a Muay Thai stance, and started dancing around Sifu Chan.

I was young and stupid, at first I thought "wow, Sifu is old so I'd better fight this guy"

I was about to learn my lesson.

Sifu Chan didn't take a stance, he said something to the guy, who made a funny face (knowing Sifu later on over the years, I can guess the sort of thing he might have said, but I can't ever be sure, I didn't speak back then)

the guy was still in his stance, sort of dancing about, Sifu Chan made his "chyuhn choih" noise, hit the guy ONCE. He went all stiff like a board, fell back on his heels, fell flat on the ground...

Sifu Chan said something to the middle aged guy, I can be pretty sure it must have been to teh effect of "now, get the F out of here"

The middle age guy helped the young guy get up, the left, and I never saw them again....

Sifu continued to make dinner

Years later, Sifu had moved out of the association hall and was living in Brooklyn. It was like an hour ride on the subway there. I got there one day, with Michael Parrella, and we found a note on the door. My Chinese wasn't great, nor was sifu's writing very good. So we took the note downstairs to the resteraunt and the owner translated for us

"sorry, not here, went to have challenge match, come back tomorrow"

WHAT!

I asked him to read it again, same answer

WHAT?

The owner added, "oh yeah, he went to park in Chinatown to fight two guys, he said he'll see me later"

Needless to say, we were back on the train a minute later, heading to Chinatown....

We knew which park it was, and we ran there from the Grand Street station. But we got there, and there was nothing going on. So we went to Tin Yik restaraunt and I talked to my "uncle"

There is a saying, "sifu for a day, sifu for life". My sifu had a lot of "students" in Chinatown, even if they were average people who had only studied a little and were now running businesses and not "martial arts guys"

One had a bad gambling debt and owed some money. Normally, this was just the sort of normal stuff that goes on in Chinatown and that was not why my sifu got involved. he got involved because the guys who came to collect had smacked his student's wife. That was "low class" and out of the "undeground code" (now, my sifu probably at some point in his life broke legs collecting for someone, but he had "standards" and hitting women was out of the standard)

So, for this reason, sifu was going to have a fight with these two guys...

According to my "uncle" we had missed the fight by about 25 minutes. Sifu was probably already back at home having dinner. We were just dumb lo faan

"How did it go" we of course asked?

Well, one guy didn't want to fight at all, so it was Sifu and the other guy.

"and"? was the obvious question!

Guy took one swing at Sifu, sifu dropped him with a sweep, kicked him in the head and then lectured him for 5 minutes. The guy apologized. Sifu went home. For us a huge event, for my sifu, just SOP in his lifestyle....