Page 75 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1522

Thread: Chan Tai San stories

CLEVE?

Dear lord, I hope not.... Cleve, if that is you then please just stop now. We don't need any more silliness. You studied with Mike a little bit, then claimed to be a grandmaster? Please, don't go there
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    CLEVE?

Dear lord, I hope not.... Cleve, if that is you then please just stop now. We don't need any more silliness. You studied with Mike a little bit, then claimed to be a grandmaster? Please, don't go there
    the reason I thought it's him is because he was in law enforcement, and didn't he get a late-night "bai si" special?

Did he get a midnight Baai Si? I guess I never noticed (nor cared)

Let's see who this is, could be fun.....

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Mystery solved, he's Anthony Tardy, a guy who trained with Mike. Why he thinks he's a direct disciple I have no idea

Mr. Ross, I don't THINK I'm a direct disciple, I AM one. You of all people should be casting stones...
    I don't recall you being in my teacher's good graces, especially when my Simo passed on. He just kept you around because you were convenient.

So if you want to sling mud, be prepared to get dirty yourself!
    Sifu Chan Siu Lum
    Adopted Disciple to
    Grandmaster Chan Tai San

Quote Originally Posted by Chan Siu Lum View Post
    Mr. Ross, I don't THINK I'm a direct disciple, I AM one. You of all people should be casting stones...
    I don't recall you being in my teacher's good graces, especially when my Simo passed on. He just kept you around because you were convenient.

YOu weren't even THERE when "Si Mo" (MY si mo, not yours!) passed away.

Let me guess, you heard a verson of the story, from who I wonder

You were a student of Mike's, get over it... wow, talk about lineage jumpers.

What next, you going to tell us how you taught Mike and Gus?

if you read my post on the other thread it will explain.

I was at my Simo's funeral. I saw you there. Lily Lau was there...there was a problem....does that ring a bell?

And I am not a lineage jumper. As I mentioned on the other thread, I was training with Mike and Gus, but when they split, I went to Gus's school. He didn't really have anything to teach me so Sifu Chan took me on as a student. I was happy to train with him and become my student, but don't get mad at me; I'd have continued to train with Gus if he was up for it. In case you didn't know, I was training in the arts for 20 years before I'd met either mike or Gus.

I hope this clarifies things. Please refrain from questioning me on several threads.
    Sifu Chan Siu Lum
    Adopted Disciple to
    Grandmaster Chan Tai San

Chan Siu Lum,

Youre new here (8 posts), but in my time on this forum I can tell you that your'e maybe the third or fourth person who has anonymously antagonized CTS's students on this site. I'm not on anyone's side but proove to everyone on this public forum that youre for real by actually stating your name. The fact that your'e hiding doesn't help your case at all. I like the entertainment of a good war of words but you seem as boring as your predecessors. Grow up, tell them who you are, and have an intelligent discussion. Or, find something better to do cause' nobody cares.

Anthony - we do know who he is and he's explained himself on the other threads. He was originally my student in the early 90's. What he did after 93' is unknown to me. I do know that he trained with my teacher, I wasn't aware how often he trained after that. I read his posts and although I must say he's seemed a little bit pompous at first I think he calmed down a bit. But who knows; it could be the Ross vs. Tardy in '08! I'M JUST KIDDING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, I have no problems with Anthony, I remember him being a fairly nice guy but I do recall hearing about some problems with him, my teacher and gus. Gus would probably know more about thier relationship (my teacher and anthony) than any of us would. Tardy vs. Kaparos in 08?

KIDDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chan Siu Lum....sorry. Thought you were yet another anonymous troll who wanted them to play guessing games.

Lama Pai Sifu....thank you for the info.

No prob. We do get our share of anonymous people 'pecking' at us once or twice a year. And you are right; they either do it anonymously or when the are on the other side of the country or the world (Australia has had two that I can think of).

Wonder why that is??? HHHmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Chan Siu Lum View Post

I think I can help in this subject. I too was a closed door disciple of CTS. I didn't want to tell anyone becouse he swore me to secrecy, I just can't take it anymore ... I must tell someone! I do remember seeing this man Chan sui lume, and I was also given the secret chi cang fist set, with applications. If you want I can teach you it David.. but its going to cost you.

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    I think I can help in this subject. I too was a closed door disciple of CTS. I didn't want to tell anyone becouse he swore me to secrecy, I just can't take it anymore ... I must tell someone! I do remember seeing this man Chan sui lume, and I was also given the secret chi cang fist set, with applications. If you want I can teach you it David.. but its going to cost you.

In that movie, he is really saying 'Gum Gong Kyuhn' when you hear the Cantonese version. He says Chi Cang Fist in English, but I don't know WTF that is supposed to be....

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    In that movie, he is really saying 'Gum Gong Kyuhn' when you hear the Cantonese version. He says Chi Cang Fist in English, but I don't know WTF that is supposed to be....
    well whatever it is I learned it. I also learned the wu-tang sword style, 5 deadly venoms, and mad monkey. This is the level i was introduced when I became a disciple. I was at such a high level that I didn't even need to meet him for him to teach me.. its all about chi flow.
    Last edited by monji112000; 12-13-2007 at 09:51 PM.

gum gong in cantonese= jin gang in mandarin