ROT, thanks for posting those clips: I'll comment on these, and remember, this is MY opinion of them.

1. The style his is doing appears to be Lama (the techniques he is demonstrating are in our style)

2. His form is not very clean, it's very sloppy. I know he is not young, but at 75/80, my teachers form was cleaner. I don't aways equate clean form with better technique, BUT, there is an amount of time required to make your form good. If you don't have good form (I don't just mean for tournaments) how will your techniques be most effective? And if you put in the required time to be effective with your techniques, wouldn't that mean that the form would improve? (I'm scratching my head) The best fighters (in competition) usually have the most polished, smooth and well executed techniques. Best boxers, K-1 guys, BJJ, etc.

3. Although there are techniques which I could name here from watching the clips, I did not learn anything from GM Chan Tai San that looks like that! Plus, I thought the applications were a bit...shall we say unrealistic?

4. There were some very questionable things regarding footwork within the clips. My Teacher did NOT teach us to apply our Lama Pai Kung-Fu techniques in this manner. Not At All! Remember, Lama Pai Kung-Fu is Tibetan in origin. There are many concepts within the style that are foreign to CMA. However, you can learn a form or two, and apply them with CMA principles and you get something different from what the style is supposed to be. Anyone can learn a form and extract applicable techniques....it doesn't mean the are actually "using" the style correctly...you dig?

I'm not one for really commenting (not publically at least) but those techniques are not even similiar to what I teach today or what I was taught. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to WLC. I'm just commenting on what was shown and what was asked or my teacher's students.

As far as ROT, you made some very good comments in your last post. Again, it sound like a different thread you need to be on (a little Yoda there for ya).

But I agree with you on some points (please don't throw tomatoes at me, guys)

Saan Da has many similarities to Kickboxing. But they are different as well. Think about it. The kung fu we talk about here is without rules. It's wasn't about competition, or fame. It was about survival. At the time when me teacher was liviving in China and learning Kung-Fu...people killed each other, robbed and murdered. (Canton was a very and still is a poor part of china) Plus, WWII, the curltural revolution, it was a crazy time. We don't live in a country like that so it's hard to even get a handle on it. Additionally, Saan Da has rules that restrict your use of many (most) tecniques. You cannot claw, or grab they way we would if we were actually applying techniques for survival. Striking vital areas, (we all know lots) are out of the question as well.

Look at it this way: I'm kind of a big strong guy, I'm six feet tall and way about 220lbs. I hit the gym, lift, and train my kung fu almost every day. I can slice real red bricks in half like bars of soap, can hold 90lbs of weight in each hands with my fingers, can claw grip hold 5 gallon jars with both hands and can do two-finger push ups (index and middle) I can do many feats of strenght that baffel most bodybuilders. I don't say this to impress you (well..maybe a little) but to impress upon you that when you put a pair of gloves on me, you take away many of the skills I've developed that would allow me to survive real self defense situitation.

Wether it's wrestling, boxing, Saan Da or a submission bout, there are rules, right? If there were no rules, you wouldn't need so many different types of bouts!

The Kung-Fu I learned from my Sifu didn't come in a box. As a result, I don't fight with it in a box. (I'm not trying to disrespect Dr. Suess either) Not that I don't have respect for martial artists/athletes from diffent diciplines/styles and fighting schools, I do. I always have respect for skills learned and earned.

But ROT, it's hard to use many of our techniques in competition, not because they are so secret, but because of rules and the equipment you have to wear. You are always welcome, as anyone is, to visit me in my schools and discuss Kung-Fu stuff. This is not a polite or hidden challenge. I hope that is clear. The martial arts world would grow and prosper if it were less divided and people got along better.

I enjoy 90% of all the posts here, please don't hesitate to ask questions about me Sifu.