Thread: Chan Tai San stories

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by lama pai sifu
    Again when he had finished learning Mok Ga from Mok Jing-Kiu. He was approximatly 43 years old and hadn't learned Lama Pai yet. His meeting with Jyu Chuyhn was an attempt to get him to finally teach him Lama. When Jyu Chuyn refused, Chan said "well, it doesn't matter, with what I've been learning, I can beat you even without it." Guess what style Jyu Chuyhn used to which caused Chan Tai-San to crawl on the ground in an effort to find his missing teeth?
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    maybe he was really f-in good?

I can also tell you, a teacher always knows a students weaknesses. And a student always in the back of their mind remembers when they were "nothing" and the image of their teacher as almost g'd like

chan sifu fought Jyu sifu the second time when Chan sifu was 43 years old, and have trained and fought with high-skilled teachers from other systems.

Jyu sifu was probably 60 + years old.

so, the reason for the quick victory by Jyu sifu has to be

1. Jyu exploit Chan's weaknesses
    2. Jyu was an exceptional fighter who can fight at an extremely high level even at the age of 60.
    3. Lama style has some very unorthodox fighting tactics that was not commonly employed in China during the time, and those who are not accustom to seeing these tactics have problems dealing with it.

option 2, that Jyu sifu was f-in good is reasonable.

but option 3 is more probable.

I can also tell you, a teacher always knows a students weaknesses. And a student always in the back of their mind remembers when they were "nothing" and the image of their teacher as almost g'd like
    but, if this is the case

then, it is more psychological advantage that tilted the result.

I didn't want to my question go unasked, because TCMA do have a tendency of making the older generation fighter sound much better than the current generation. my sifu is sixty years old, he can beat me like a rag-doll. my sifu's teacher was even better, so if we go back far enough, we have the ultimate uber fighter. It never really explain "why" the teacher was able to beat the student.
    Last edited by WanderingMonk; 01-08-2008 at 01:58 PM.
    dazed and confused