Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: proof on dim mak ???

proof on dim mak ???

Was doing some chart study last night / this morning and came across a very interesting piece of information. This particular dim mak practictioner ( William M. Bogey) is also a master surgeon. He was, back in 1983 ( or possibley 38?) performing an operation to remove a tumour on a carteroid artery, which is a highly prized strike point in many martial arts and particularly in dim mak, as are others using the same nerve/ artery, organ etc philosophy, and he made a direct correlation ( now popular and well used medical knowledge) between the sensitivity of the carteroid sinus and it's effect on blood pressure and resultant conciousness.

you can find more information about his findings and the connections he made between the obvious and the not so. For example to strike this point on one side over the other produces different results, the right being more effective than the left, though modern western medicine acknowledgaes but has no explanation. I f you you consider yin and yang as standard principals, as they do in TCM, it becomes obvious that because this is a yin strike point, to apply that to the yang side ( the right in this case) it balances out for the perfect compliment.

Try doing a google on the Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society Spring 1998 meeting and abstracts or by going directly to www.pvss.org/Spring98/spring1998.htm

The more I study both dim mak and western medical aspects ( however informal for the moment) and its' theories the less esoteric it ( dim mak ) becomes. Go figure it's based in physiological foundation.

Ps: 7* : appologies for jacking your topic but I seemed to've lost your thread

Red face

It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

BL, it's not there in either of his paper abstracts from the page you linked.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

you may have to read through for the correlation or do another search.

Some interesting links on dim mak and chi:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/fight/judo/atemi_waza.html

http://www.xtrememind.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=390

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/arc...p/t-12022.html

http://www.taijiworld.com/Articles/papers.htm

My conclusion is you cannot prove or disprove the effects or training of dim mak by written material on the internet. IMHO, this is something you will have to experience first hand, and to find what you seek you must also first define what exactly is dim mak?
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

dim mak translated is the death touch, but what its principals are based on is particular points in the body where various vulnerable cavities containing various individual nerve, organ, tissue or connection fibre etc lay and how when accessed in different ways via different stimuli, they effect the bodies, motoring, blood flow and related cellular organic effect, water production ( and of course the human body being over 2/3 water, this is crucial to almost everything we do ), electrical and nerve function etc etc. as well as direct impact to tendons, joints and so forth.

There has been some associated mystism with dim mak practitioning because of the delayed death strike/s that have had such ignorant reviews. If you consider that something that might consitute a delayed death strike might involve a strike to a vital organ etc, that will take three days to accumulate enough blood to cease or sufficiently impair function of that organ or what have you, again it de-mystifies the whole thing and brings it back to some good hard core physiology.

cheers

I don't know what all the discussion is about. The G-spot is obvious and conclusive proof that dim mak is real.

Edit: And, the translation of dim mak given by the online chinese dictionaries at mandarintools.com is something like "vital points"
    Last edited by Tak; 08-26-2004 at 05:58 AM.
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

Originally posted by Tak
    I don't know what all the discussion is about. The G-spot is obvious and conclusive proof that dim mak is real.
    Where can one find instruction in this particular Dim Mak training? My wife insists I spend as much resources as necessary to master such a usefull art... ::grin::

Just wait until you can hit that one consistently in sparring - you'll be the most popular fighter at your school...
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

Heheh, just need to hit it consistantly in practice at home - has any training ever had greater rewards? ::grin::

None of the Dim Mak I know has delayed death in it. That is a myth and was created due to the lack of technology in medicine many years ago.

If a guy got hit in the upper throat area and one of his cathodes got busted, more than likely it would later get infected and they would probably die from the infection days later. Things like this probably led to the belief of delayed death attacks. Due to the lack of medical technology at the time these people died from infections or damaged organs days later because no one knew how to fix it.

Dim Mak is actually a broad term it can mean lots of things, its even used in TC Medicine for healing purposes. I also think an internet forum is not really the proper place to discuss dim mak. Not to mention anyone who publishes a book on dim mak should be taken lightly. I mean who wants to widely spread how to easily kill people?
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

I'm so sick of the saying dim mak is the "death touch"

In mandarin it's "dian mai" 点脉 or point/press the nerve.

The thing is that people who used to practice this have very very strong fingers. Fingers that can go through the skin/muscles easily.

If you have that kind of conditioning, you can pretty much strike anywhere and cause tremendous pain. It'd be like sticking a steel rod in someone.

People who inmitate these people are just poking each other.

It goes without saying that this skill is very difficult to practice, and is totally pointless in modern society.

You want a death touch? Get a gun, you can really reach out and touch someone with that.
    http://individual.utoronto.ca/gfx/logo1.jpg

"A witty saying proves nothing."
    - Voltaire (1694-1778)

I got dim maked once. This guy in my MMA class came up to me and slapped me on the shoulder and goes "You're going to die some time in the future."

"If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

1st, if you press on the right nerve in the right direction with the right impact, it'll cause your death anyway.

2nd, if you don't understand how a hit to a stronger ogan where the strike causes blood or what have you to pool without major effect for days well you just dont
    and for those after a link or contact to study, give me several hrs and I'll get back to you
    Last edited by blooming lotus; 08-27-2004 at 02:03 AM.

Agreed with GF.

Pressure points are widely used in all schools of Wushu.

There are numbness points (Ma Xue). They produce pains, too.

There are fatal points (Si Xue).

There are solution/resuscitation points (Jie Xue).

They may be the same points with different results when pressured differerntly.

Qin Na use pressure points to seize or immobilize the opponent.

Let you in a not so secret.

They are using stun devices nowaday to hit points.

Human body is very fragile. A light blow to the solar plexus, to your carotid artery, windpine, all the joints, liver, spleen, or the heart.

We are fatally wounded or goners.

These areas are for the law, the medicine, and the military. And not for civilians, nor combat sports fans.

Off limits. or Classified. or Need to know only.

The consequences or responsibility are too much to bear.

Last edited by SPJ; 08-26-2004 at 10:00 PM.