Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lightness skill

1. lightness skill

check this out? (is there any clips of lightness skill?):
    http://www.ziranmen.com/zi%20ran%20men9.htm

Thats a training tech used by some old Bagua guys, but with a large very wide barrel, filled with water which is gradually emptied with proficiency, but as we a lot of these things it probably more myth than anything else.

3. but if it is real than why did the Chinese never demonstrate it in front of the world like the olympics or on camera? The olympics were around for a long time and the Chinese participated for a long time even showcasing chinese martial arts sometimes like in the berlin games of the early 30's. If this skill was real they could own all the high jump competitions and others but they never have,

There are many ways to train to walk in a circle.

You may draw the steps in a circle and follow them.

When you are good, just draw a line of circle and walk on it.

To train the light step or Ching Gong.

You have to wear weights (lead or bags of flour), 1#, 2# 5# up to 25 # on your legs and walk or run.

Good link.

5. but can you actually jump over walls like in movies and martial art stories about famous masters?

No, the movies and the novels exaggerate a lot.

You may jump higher and walk fast and quietely. True.

There are alot of ways to train ching gong. Another way would be to practice jumping onto logs without knocking them over, while gradually incresing the hight. Another would be to do moon jumps, landing as souldlessly as possible, and increasing the hight as you master it. This is only tow such meathods. There are countless others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Yeah, so why don't Olympic jumpers train this way?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Why would they. They are trying to jump highest or furthest. Thay care ona whit for how softly or quietly they moove. Dang Iron! That would be like working on your backstroke to improove your rowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Originally posted by Becca
    Why would they. They are trying to jump highest or furthest. Thay care ona whit for how softly or quietly they moove. Dang Iron! That would be like working on your backstroke to improove your rowing.
    But it'd be frickin' kewl!

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

I BELIVE I CAN FLY
    I BELIVE I CAN TOUCH THE SKY

Are there any neigong exercises used to develop lightness gong? I wouldn't think all the methods would be totally external.
    "If you practice praying mantis, women will like you."--Shi Zheng-Zhong

(Are there any neigong exercises used to develop lightness gong? I wouldn't think all the methods would be totally external.)

As with many things it is an internal exercise with external results

I think many are looking at this skill in the wrong way. In each instance of what is described as lightness gong, what is really being demoed ?

I would say, balance, ability to sink the root and complete control of ones center. . I would expect some one with such skill to be very free, light and agile in movement and touch. The opposite of stiff, clumsy and heavy.

Which would you want to have.
    enjoy life

look at the legends of ninja so totally sweet that they could come in, slap your momma and disappear before u'd realize it!

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin