Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Baji

Can't view the thread. Is the forum down on Bullshido?
    "For ministers, Taji quan is used to rule the country.
    For generals, Baji quan is used to defend the country."

Wolfen,

From your reply I gather you're one of those folks that have been training baji longer than I have. How long have you been training and who's your teacher? Please instruct me in what I'm missing when I look at this clip. I mean no disrespect.

Peace
    BMonk
    "Speed knots are our greatest teachers"

"I specialize in Kuoshu and Ghetto Diction"
    BaldMonk, from the Baldy Chronicles Volume III Chapter IV

the ONLY way to become a good fighter is to spar full contact right from the get go.
    that's just crazy talk

but you bring up a good point... in kungfu, hours upon hours are spent upon building the foundation of stance and form.

but look at these students, whom I've got to assume has to have probably showed some competency in these skills, yet they do not know how to apply them in live motion.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

Me not long, I began training Baji Quan when I was still a teenager which was just 2 month ago.

Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00
    that's just crazy talk

but you bring up a good point... in kungfu, hours upon hours are spent upon building the foundation of stance and form.

but look at these students, whom I've got to assume has to have probably showed some competency in these skills, yet they do not know how to apply them in live motion.
    I bet you were one of those wonder kids who could read the instant they learned the alphabet, as well, yes? Most people need to practice to get good at most things. Some need lotts of practice. And others are predisposed to be good forms peeps and crappy fighters. Being as you have no background on any of those individuals...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Wolfen,

Seems like there's a misunderstanding. You don't know me and I don't know you. From the onset I expressed that I didn't feel the clip displayed Baji. That's a bit different from saying that their kung fu is crap, or saying that their baji and their teacher's baji isn't good. I said that the example I saw didn't look like Baji. I'm sure that in the past and even now, there are things that I did that, if displayed for all to see wouldn't reflect positively on him. Does that mean an inference can be made that his kung fu is crap? I don't think so. When you made the comment on my post, keeping in mind that the comment was unsolicited, I assumed that you had some knowledge of Baji and I said so. Respectfully I asked you to shed some light for me because because of our apparent disagreement it became clear that you were seeing things in the clip that I didn't see, or that you were just making proclimations on the legitimacy of the "Baji" without an appropriate knowledge base. I assumed the former. I'm an optimist and saw a potential learning oppurtunity so I asked you to let me know what I was missing in the clip that made you think the sparring showed authentic Baji.

The reason for saying there was no disrespect was twofold. Firstly, I don't know you and I have no reason to dis. For all I know you could be a high level Baji practicioner who could even be related to me from a kung fu point of view. Secondly, the head of the school depicted in the clip and my Sifu are both disciples of GM Liu. I'm not trying to disrespect people in my kungfu family.

I find it interesting that you responded to my post by saying I should go do research on another site and go to Tapei and tell the people at the school their kung fu is crap which is far from what I believe, and avoided my question of how long you've practiced Baji and who your teacher is. You don't have to go there if you don't want to. I was kinda looking forward to your thoughts on what you saw on the clip since Baji is near and dear to me and I always look for ways to improve.

No hard feelings.

Peace
    BaldMonk
    Last edited by BaldMonk; 11-15-2004 at 12:24 AM.

The thing is, I doubt they filmed this to be the official Baji clip. It's some training brothers training.

Also, what percentage of your total skill comes out under fire, under pressure. I would venture maybe 80%. And that might be a little much.

Cool links;

Unable to view the video clips again.

The beauty threading the needle.

Gua Ta.

It is a way to push the opponent's back with one of your hands, and move one of your feet in front of the opponent back at the same time.

And the opponent falls to his front.

Lazy men stretching back.

I need to know the moves to know what it is for.

W;

Good suggestion.

I saw the clips.

The first clip in the first post: there were some throws and some kids exchanging punches.

It is an ad to recruit a new class.

By the way;

There are many Wu Tan brothers since 1971.

So be nice to each other.

SPJ,

Message recieved.

It's all love

Have we met?

Peace
    BMonk

Thumbs up

Cool.

Thumbs up

Excellent post.

Cheers.

Originally posted by SPJ
    Lazy men stretching back.
    [/B]
    Lazy TIGER stretches his back.

btw,

Can you understand what that guy is saying? I sat my GF down with me last night and she can't make out any more thatn I can. That's guys "Chinese" is BURIED in his Taiwanese accent.

hah!

I can understand the Shaanxi dialect well enough. Henan is not bad actually, pretty similar. At least we had a good laugh togeth er straining to hear.

This is what it sounded like to us:

"And then comes over. . mnnmfaaf and you must completely gmshzazss. .with your left hand bnmasgas...understand?...so then one- two and heab f ma.....""

What was really buggin me is that I don't think of the Tawanese as having much of accent. More like a lizp. S's all being switched for 'z's.
    Last edited by omarthefish; 11-21-2004 at 02:54 AM.