Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Baji

Ironfist, did the 5 animals guy ever give a reason as to why his school didn't spar?
    Cool Beans

Can some of the members here please post footage of themselves or training partners free fighting, so we can compare?
    go to www.marknegron.com and get the King of Sa Da Superfights dvd ........
    I think part of it is because Choy lay Fut can be more easily adapted to san shou when compared to something like wing chun or Tai Chi.
    tai chi helps ALOT with the throwing game IM limited E.........
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Originally posted by feral
    Ironfist, did the 5 animals guy ever give a reason as to why his school didn't spar?
    Nope. I didn't ask, either. The fact was that they didn't spar, and it probably didn't matter why. Asking probably would have just p.issed him off anyway so I decided not to.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Can some of the members here please post footage of themselves or training partners free fighting, so we can compare?
    Rest assured, I train like a champion in every aspect of fighting.

A first place win at a large mid-atlantic judo tournament PA, MD, DC, VA, DE, NC
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00
    Rest assured, I train like a champion in every aspect of fighting.

A first place win at a large mid-atlantic judo tournament PA, MD, DC, VA, DE, NC
    Are you the one in the middle?

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

No, the Quasimodo looking guy on the end w/ the brown belt.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

No, the Quasimodo looking guy on the end w/ the brown belt.
    Hah! That would have been my last choice! Funny how faces and posts can seem so dis-connected. Good work on the trophy - what's the brown belt for?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

what's the brown belt for?
    To remind me that I'll have to learn 2 kata if I ever want promoted to black belt..

Thanks man. It will probably be my last judo or bjj tournament for a while (I'll sit out this competition year) to prepare for a planned MMA fight this spring and hopefully a return to sanshou again. ( sure how I feel about that.. if you go thru all the trouble of putting a guy on the ground it's getting kinda hard to justify why you should let him get back up..) but I want to do everything while I can and I love sanshou and want to help it grow. I'm getting too old for this ****..

I'm sure forum members Merryprankster, Sun Tzu & Khun Kao are all anxious to begin beating on me in preparation.. what are friends for?
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

LOL. Well, good luck with all that. Sounds like you've got some good friends there. Make sure you let us know how all the various comps go.

Originally posted by Serpent
    LOL. Well, good luck with all that. Sounds like you've got some good friends there. Make sure you let us know how all the various comps go.
    You're only as good as the people around you.. Which is why I made the comment in my first post about these young guys need better coaching. otherwise these poor fundamental things that they are doing now, will always be with them! I'd rather create a shadowboxing, heavy bag hitting, focus mitt melting model of excellent stance, rhythm, & form than for him to spar poorly.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

I just watched the video and it didn't look like much of anything in regards to style. What was with all the Ali shuffle footwork? There is a vid of Asia using Baji somewhere on the web, that looked good. Anybody see that one and know where it was hosted?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

I'm sure forum members Merryprankster, Sun Tzu & Khun Kao are all anxious to begin beating on me in preparation.. what are friends for?
    not a problem

Anybody see that one and know where it was hosted?
    wasn't it hosted on bullshido?.........
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Yeah I agree with you totally, I study Baji Quan and these are don't really seem Baji to me or at lest the Baji Quan I learn.

You're only as good as the people around you.. Which is why I made the comment in my first post about these young guys need better coaching. otherwise these poor fundamental things that they are doing now, will always be with them! I'd rather create a shadowboxing, heavy bag hitting, focus mitt melting model of excellent stance, rhythm, & form than for him to spar poorly.
    Dangerous words there.

"Everyone" knows that the best way...nay...the ONLY way to become a good fighter is to spar full contact right from the get go.

I've been training Bajiquan for a minute or so. I'm sorry and mean no disrespect to those cats in the video because we're from the same lineage, but I didn't see the body mechanics and principles that are inherently Baji. I've only been training Baji since 2000 so I'm no master. There are people on this board with far more experience than me and maybe they can see something that I don't. Keep in mind that I'm not naive enough to think that sparring should look like people are doing forms but there was no root, no power, no cross jings in anything that I saw. I'm not trying to start a flame war either but I'm kinda ashamed that clip was depicted as being Baji. And before you guys ask, no I don't have any clips of me and my boys doing better. If I filmed a sparring session it would look like Baji contaminated Mantis, but I think It would be more recognizable as Baji than the clip shown here. I probably put my foot in it but I gotta keep it real. That clip was terrible.

Peace
    BaldMonk
    "Speed knots are our greatest teachers"

"I specialize in Kuoshu and Ghetto Diction"
    BaldMonk, from the Baldy Chronicles Volume III Chapter IV