Thread: Faat sao vesus kick

Threaded View

Faat sao vesus kick

Seeing a few pictures....

Using the Faat Sao ( or whatever people call that hand ) versus kick. Be it Round horse kick, or side kick, or hook kick, or side kick then turn into round horse kick, or side kick then turn into hook kick (round horse or hook kick depend on the position)......

IMHO, two critical things needs to be implemented for the WCner,

1, the head has to in some degree avert from the kick's possible hit range. a, the hand is not as strong as leg, b, Say, the side kick is over, butwhat if it swings back with a heel hook kick. which is a very common combination for the kicker. So, let him has the empty space but not one's head at the worse case. without having some "room" there, one is looking for trouble.

2, the front leg of the WCner's stance has to be " enter"/'jamin" to close to the focrum(sp) leg of the kicker. how close? about a feet and half away the most. So one can put the kicker in the position to have trouble to "land" or back off his kick.. , or/and interupt/jamming the around the knee of the kicking leg with Bong...etc in case some changes take place.. ..... so take away the key of the power generation.

if the one rely on the arm to block the leg or not prepare for the combinational changes of the kick. if one does not make sure one has some control on the key of the power generation or put him in an awkward position. I dont see it is even safe to even get it. I think it is very ignorance to stand many feet away to counter a kick with faat sau.

Things can looks great copying others but in the reality I rather not take a round horse kick or a hook kick on my face.

what do you think?

just some blue sky thought. ofcorse it is just a THEORY . Hmm, let see, the last kick which is so closed that almost get me is a Kyokushin turning Axe kick. it actually axe down and almost touch the tip of my nose. But that is decade ago.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-29-2004 at 12:19 AM.