Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman Begins

Batman Begins....

June 17th.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/bat...gins/trailer4/

Anyone else anticipating some decent fisticuffs and pseudo-mystic Martial Arts training?

Looks to be good.

Wood Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Wood Dragon
    June 17th.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/bat...gins/trailer4/

Anyone else anticipating some decent fisticuffs and pseudo-mystic Martial Arts training?

Looks to be good.

Wood Dragon
    You know, my favortie part of most movies involves the training sequences. I don't know why, they also fascinated me even moreso than the big brawls at the end. It does look to be good enough to erase the stain that Joel Schumacher left on the Batman universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

A while back while at a local convention (I get in for free) I stumbled accross a "suprise" Q&A with Christan Bale. His take on The BATMAN was very promising. Afterwards we saw a 10 minute preview of the film which ROCKED.

As I understand, the BATMAN costume won't even appear until somewhere in the second act. Bale talked a bit about the training involved for the fight sequences discribing the process he learned and how that "fighting style" was something pulled together by the Stunt Guy who trained with some military people in Israel as well as some Brazilian Jujitsu which wasn't really used in the movie.

He went further to express how his biggest honor in being BATMAN was the opportunity to DRIVE THE BATMOBILE!!!

He also said that the mask was extremly painful to wear and would give him extreme headaches after about 20 minutes. Rather than let the costume people remove it durring breaks he instead used that discomfort to fuel his performance. He shared a glimpse of that "intensity" while discribing the situation and he sold it.

I guess that he'll deliver the most "legit" performance of BATMAN based more on the graphic novels & comics he's read rather than trying to emulate any other actors' attempts.

He's also signed on for 3 films which look to retell the origins of two-face as well as the JOKER. it could ROCK.

If he fux this move up, I will find him and pull a Bane on his sorry ass.

If he makes this movie not-suck, then I will begrudgingly say "cool."

If they fux up Two-Face/Harvey Dent into a Tommy Lee Jones clone-thing, I will find all involved and sue them. Or beat them with tire irons.

If they fux up Joker - make him kill Batman's parents, make him actually have a real name, I will kill their goldfish.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

ive read that this is the best one of them yet. and its like a 4 star type film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

The script is good.

Can't wait to see if (in the sequals) they bring in any of the Knights of the Bat. Azrael, Batgirl(II), Huntress or Spoiler. Robin (I or III) is a given. Catwoman would be cool, but I think H***e B***y ruined the character for a while....

I'd like to see if they could pull of a believable Bane. It shouldn't be hard to find or build a physical specimen, but he needs a certain kind of actor.

i thought it was june 15th?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I dunno. I'm glad a serious Batman movie is finally being made. But I'm not sure about the whole 'training on poles to become a ninja' is what I expected from a Batman movie. I expected a Sin City-like feeling with a dark, violent story taking place in the allys and rooftops of Gotham. Something like that. But I'm not saying anything til I see it and compared to the last ones it looks great.
    I hope for sequels, I also hope they bring in the new Batgirl (the crazy assassin one). That would make a great movie.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

The whole "Martial Arts Cult"-aspect is a big part of the Batman background story. It's part of his whole quest to aquire the ultimate detective skills he undertakes prior to returning to Gotham, and becoming Batman. Most of the Batman characters have a Martial Arts aspect to them, to the extent of having Lady Shiva (DC Universe's ultimate MA killer girl) having deathmatches with Batman, Black Canary, Robin(III), and Batgirl.
    Batman even had to help Green Arrow(II) fight off the Monkey Cult.

From what I understand, they plan to keep this series very much with-in a "YEAR ONE" context.

Doubtful there would even be a robin (perhaps in the 3rd film) but if anyone's read the DARK VICTORY graphic noval then there's a solid origin sory tied in with two face.

Seems like there will be some LONG HALLOWEEN influences, what with the Falcon crime family also involved.

I've heard mention offeaturing Arkam Asylum prominantly in the 3rd film as well. Not sure if this will part of a joker origin or more along the lines of Joker (already established) taking over the asylum.

Elisha Cuthbert has been very vocal about her desire to play the newest catwoman.

personally I'm hoping they keep the "BATMAN family" to a minimum, it deminishes the premis of the original character.

I hope they at some point get old school and have batman rip apart a clan of ninja's. That would totally own.

Did any of you see that movie Equalibriam? Hopefully Batman wont be doing any Gun Kata.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Saw it... the puppy that saved him is a clone of my dog... that's exactly what she looked like as a pup.

see . . .

that aside... I enjoyed it, but doubt gunkata will be found anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Design Sifu
    I . . . doubt gunkata will be found anywhere else.
    Liar

I feel dirty.