Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PMS herbal

PMS herbal

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but I do tend to suffer from PMS.(Although my BF might say that he suffers, LOL) Are there any herbs to help this?

A friend of mine told me that I should try acupuncture, but I have a serious fear of needles.

Tracy
    I used to be a snake charmer, but once I caught one I just sucked out it's juice.

shao yao wan

I hear good things about "free and easy wandering" pills - herbs to nourish the blood, and rectify the Liver Qi. My understanding is PMS results from the loss of blood combined with stagnant liver Qi.

Typical formula has:

Dang Gui- Angelica Senisis
    Chai Hu - bupleurum root
    Bai Shao - white peony root
    Bai Zhu - Atractylodes rhizome
    Bo He - Mint
    Fu Ling - fungus poria cocos
    Gan Cao - licorice
    Sheng Jiang - fresh ginger root

The formula moves Qi while nourishing blood, warming the middle and improving digestion. It's good for dudes too. But, for treating PMS, I have no idea personally since I am a dude, so I'll just be quiet now...

peace

herb ox

Weed.

Just stay high for that period (no pun!); your BFs will thank you.
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

right forum, wrong crowd

Tracy, it's mostly guys here. If I were a woman, I wouldn't take advice about PMS from guys.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Wink Tracy

I would say that Gene has the best advice for you. Althrough, I think the best way to deal with PMS is to take Tak’s advice. (from a man’s perspective, LOL!!! )
    Good luck…

RibHit
    Frogman
    RibHit
    “Being fast is fine but accuracy is everything.”
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M

I understand that Yan Hu Suo is popular for the physical symptoms at least. Go down to the local herbalist shop and ask; they're usually very helpful.

Gene,
    If I were a woman, I wouldn't take advice about taking advice about PMS from guys from a guy who wouldn't take advice about PMS from guys if he was a woman. :P
    Last edited by Tak; 08-30-2004 at 09:27 AM.
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

Tak

Well said. Being a guy, I wouldn't give advice about PMS to a woman asking guys to get advice about PMS and would question any guy who gave advice about PMS to a woman looking for answers. Any guy who has lived with woman knows not to even mess with PMS.

It's sort of like a straight guy whos gives advice to gay guys about sex. As for queer eye (straight guys getting fashion advice from gay guys), oh man, don't get me started...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

geez...

that wasn't advice I gave, was it? I just listed some herbs and shut up promptly...

I dunno, I think guys who have lived with women have plenty of experience with PMS

'course, it still doesn't give the right to speak authoritatively on the subject... unless you're in a male support group.

wait... did I say male support? I didn't mean it that way...

Gene,
    Exactly - if I wanted to dress like a gay guy, I could find a magenta silk flamenco shirt, stretch pants, and star-shaped sunglasses without any help. (Here's where I insert a crack about raiding GDA's closet or something...)

Tak

Ease off the weed and stay out of that closet.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ohhh

Oh sorry I thought there might be more of us(women) on this forum. But thanks for the advice anyway.

I will try the weed advice though..lol

Thanks Herbox

Thanks for the advice herbox/

BTW your handle is all about women hehe

her box

HEHEHEHEEHHEHEHEHEHHE
    I used to be a snake charmer, but once I caught one I just sucked out it's juice.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I'm not sure whether this falls under the catagory of TCM, but I have had much success with Godiva dark chocolate cherries. Whenever my OL has "her friend visiting her" I get a box of them, chuck'em in her cage, and run like hell. I then take a room at the local Days Inn for a week until it's back to defcon 1.

her box? her box!?!

Oh man, Tracy, that's waaaaaaay too much of Tak's remedy you're taking girl. Your PMS can't be that bad, can it? Don't answer that...too scary.

her box...****! Why didn't I think of that?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips