Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Softwork - new internal martial arts bullshido?

yeah i saw that video before frost a long time ago. not from bullshido though.

eh it was okay, if i remember correctly, looks like a typical kung fu guy who has no training in ground fighting, the kick he did in the begining wasnt even that hard. yeah the mma guy jsut charged him while he was dancing around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Originally posted by Shaolinlueb
    eh it was okay, if i remember correctly, looks like a typical kung fu guy who has no training in ground fighting, the kick he did in the begining wasnt even that hard. yeah the mma guy jsut charged him while he was dancing around.
    Your memory is faulty. The kung fu guy was the person who moved in with a kick first..there was no dancing around. The MMA fighter threw a kick of his own, which intercepted the first kick. Both kicks were hard, but neither landed cleanly, since the second one took out the line of the first one.

The kung fu guy had a little bit of BJJ training, but not enough to stop a purple belt who outweighed him by a significant amount.

Originally posted by Shaolinlueb
    i recently did sparring in a tournament, how did i do? not good, why? i dont train for sparring. all my kick were too low, when i kicked high they said not to the head. all my punches were to face, hardly any to the gut. when the kid fell instict and training made me lunge at him even though i didnt do anything i was still being pulled back from judges. i grabbed him a couple times. they are jsut so many scenarios and different ways to train.
    I've lost a couple of my MMA fights. I couldn't throw elbows or kick my opponents in the head when they were down. And I once lost on a judges decision. Yeah, that's the ticket. That's the reason I lost. If it weren't for the rules and the **** judges, I would still be undefeated.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 08-24-2004 at 08:59 AM.

not enough to stop a purple belt who outweighed him by a significant amount.
    those skinny little kung fu chicken legs being wrapped aroudn the big guy's torso didn't look like much. i half expected the mma guy to just pick up the kfer and throw him at something inanimate and unforgiving.

it's not final proof, but it is further evidence that size is a factor.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Originally posted by rubthebuddha
    those skinny little kung fu chicken legs being wrapped aroudn the big guy's torso didn't look like much. i half expected the mma guy to just pick up the kfer and throw him at something inanimate and unforgiving.
    Your memory must be faulty also. The kung fu fighter never had his legs wrapped around (the guard) the MMA fighter.

Thumbs down

A true Kungfu master you guys found. You can tell by the way he just walks in with his hands DOWN, no guard whatsoever. His closing the gap was amazing!!

- The essence of Kungfu is to accept change...

kf -- my bad. i just remember skinny little chicken legs sticking out as the grappler was smothering the poor guy.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

A true Kungfu master you guys found.
    for what it's worth, I wouldn't say the grappler was of the master class standing either.

it shows something of value to the silk pajama set.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Originally posted by Shadowboxer
    A true Kungfu master you guys found. You can tell by the way he just walks in with his hands DOWN, no guard whatsoever. His closing the gap was amazing!!
    Part of the reason for the challenge was to attempt to demonstrate the effectiveness of San Soo, which is supposed to be a self-defense art. Being a self-defense oriented style, many of San Soo's techniques begin with the hands down because it is assumed that in a self-defense situation you will be surprised and not have time to get into a ready fighting position.

Well, he should have let John come to him then right? We were working the sucker punch from several steps away just the other night while standing in a natural position, hands at the sides or arms folded. Did Marsh really win $5,000?

Whoever that guy was he didn't have a clue.

Originally posted by Shadowboxer
    Whoever that guy was he didn't have a clue.
    And which top MMA fighters have you fought and how did you do against them?

Does anyone have a link to the full background on that fight? I remember hearing about it at the time, but I don't remember the full details, and naturally I was dumb enough not to hunt them down and keep a record of them at the time.
    Geoff

-A hundred enemies, a hundred cups of wine. Infinite enemies, infinite wine.-

Question

And which top MMA fighters have you fought and how did you do against them?--KF

I haven't fought any top MMA fighters. Have you? and how did you do?

To date, I've sparred against WC, 7* mantis and Kenpo Karate. IME, 7* mantis is hardest to deal with.

That MMA vs. Kung Fu video was bull****. The MMA guy outweighed him by 2-3 weight classes probably. Furthermore, I've almost never seen a fight where a Kung fu guy loses by striking (with the exception of a few fakes in the UFC), it always has to be grappling.

Not to say anything is wrong with grappling, but I just think it's unfair. Why don't they do striking only? OF COURSE you'll lose if you know little to no grappling.

Not to say anything is wrong with grappling, but I just think it's unfair.
    What does fair have to do with fighting?