Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: broken forum and bad behavior

Thanks Jake!

hosers, eh?

Well, things seem to be back in place, more or less. We're now running a more current version of vBulletin, so you'll find some changes to your membership applications, if you bother to look at those. There's more changes in admin, but nothing that will affect the moderators. Let me know how it runs for you all.

In the end, 'black monday 2004' made me realize how fragile the net can be. It gave me a bit more perspective on the flame wars and such, especially given the people who complained all indignant that their posts were lost. I lost posts too (why doesn't lost and post rhyme?) but we came disturbingly close to losing it all. We're attached to the luusion of permanence here on the forum becuase we can search up all these old threads, but really, it's just a cluster of stored digital files that could disappear in the blink of an eye.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

st is one sound.. then there is the whole hard O v the soft one...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

It was me. I did it. Some big fat laughing dude with a look of utter peace paid me to do it, might've been Dom Delouise, said it had something to do with lettuce blooming and karma or something. Would've gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for that Gene Ching and his talking dog.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

...and the mango tree.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

And, unless I miss my count, 17 boiled eggs.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Mmmmm...boiled eggs. God's way of keeping Easter Sunday free of anti-abortion rallies.

Just trying to stay on topic. Hosers.

Originally posted by GeneChing
    It gave me a bit more perspective on the flame wars and such, especially given the people who complained all indignant that their posts were lost.
    I just figured I was being slapped on the wrist for extending an invitation to Red5.

Originally posted by red5angel
    That's it!!!! You meet me at Taichi Legacy and I'll have you whipped in 7 minutes 32 seconds flat with hundreds of wtinesses. I'll even call in CNN to film it so we have a record of me, whippin yo' butt, without using grappling and while dancing!!!!
    The invitation still stands.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

bwahahahahaha!!! I told you MK, if you can atleast promie to extend my a$$ whuppin to 7 minutes or so I may make it, but 5 minutes is just not enough time for me to come down to get my butt handed to me by you.

Also, you have to promise to use some of that fancy shaolin stuff on me too, otherwise I'll have no respect and have to take it to the ground to prove your kungfu is weak.

besides MK, unless your practicing wing chun , what's a scrawny little guy like you going to do to a beefcake like me? I got mad skeewz.

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    And, unless I miss my count, 17 boiled eggs.
    *honk honk*
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

zoinks!

Would've gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for that Gene Ching and his talking dog.
    I'm ready for my scooby snack.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Originally posted by red5angel
    besides MK, unless your practicing wing chun , what's a scrawny little guy like you going to do to a beefcake like me? I got mad skeewz.
    Pick up your tiny yapping dog and throw it at you?
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Pick up your tiny yapping dog and throw it at you?
    Touching the corgi is almost certain death for even the most highly skilled ninja or samurai! Shaolin monks have no chance!!!! Just ask KC Elbows, he'll tell you how deadly my corgi can be, especially after you shake him a little.