Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronald Reagan - Californian Champion!

Ronald Reagan - Californian Champion!

Folks,

It would be a shame to let a great Californian President to pass away unnoticed on this Californian forum. Just want to say thank you for his presidential leadership in those wonderful years! =)

P.S. Here are some of his great speeches in the world annals of history!

http://www.reaganfoundation.org/reagan/speeches/

"You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on Earth, or we will sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. - Rendezvous with Destiny October 27, 1964"
    Last edited by PaulH; 06-07-2004 at 07:01 PM.

Rest in Peace. His death touches everyone, Republican and Democrat alike. Particularly touches me since I live a stones throw from his Library and the traffic is a mess around here and the police are everywhere. Guess it's a small price to pay, I'm sure he's in a better place.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

Thanks PaulH for this thread, most here are probably too young to remember. President Reagan was an honest man and truly cared. He made the World a better place, I will never forget this man.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

There was good and bad about his administration just like any other, and good and bad about him like anyone else. RIP, but lets not break out the rose-tinted specs cos he has gone. I hate that; it's dishonest and disrespectful to anyone's memory. And let's not talk like we knew him... sure he affected me deeply throughout my formulative years, but I never met the guy, I just saw the same docs and news as anyone else.
    Originally posted by count
    ...I'm sure he's in a better place.
    I thought he died, I didn't know he'd gone to the UK!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Reagan was a jerk. Him and his "trickle down economics" theory! I can't believe people still thinks he was something special.

Well, I'd take him over Bush #2 any day. Hell, even with alzheimers he probably coulda done better than "Shrub".
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Originally posted by Mat
    There was good and bad about his administration just like any other, and good and bad about him like anyone else. RIP, but lets not break out the rose-tinted specs cos he has gone. I hate that; it's dishonest and disrespectful to anyone's memory. And let's not talk like we knew him... sure he affected me deeply throughout my formulative years, but I never met the guy, I just saw the same docs and news as anyone else. I thought he died, I didn't know he'd gone to the UK!
    I agree with what you say but since you quote me I should clarify, if you ever had a relative or loved one with Altzheimers you wouldn't question it. And while were taking of those rose-tinted glasses, I forgot there are only a few members who are old enough to remember the 80's, let alone the 70's, 60's and 50's. I'm no "Reagan-ite" but through-out his administration, the US was a good place to live and come from. The whole world improved because of some of his efforts and intentions. I dis-agreed with most of his policies, but it certainly laid the foundation for the success we, in the United States, enjoyed through-out the 90's under Clinton. And in 3 and a half short years, one misguided, bible toting, cowboy wanna-bee, erased it all. And God help us if people can't see the potential of another term.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

uh, Reagan was politically , well, not exactly what I would call a "great" president. But that's neither here nor there.

I don't understand what's with all the weepy patriotic drivel getting exported these days from the states.

Well? What about it American cousins? What's up with that?
    lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

When I see the likes of Reagan and Bush JNR it becomes pretty obvious that these weak minds are not the ones in control of the country, just a figure head.

The UK a better place to live than the states??? WTF its a real dump here mate with crap weather!!

Re: Reagan

I refer you to

Iran Contra

and the testimony of Oliver North

oh and the star wars program (money well spent I'm sure)
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

Originally posted by Internal Boxer
    The UK a better place to live than the states??? WTF its a real dump here mate with crap weather!!
    Speak for yourself. In the City in London (where I work) The weather is beautiful at the moment and so are the women.

Still as the saying goes it is grim up north
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

Originally posted by Nick Forrer
    oh and the star wars program (money well spent I'm sure)
    The Star Wars program was never meant to be developed. By most accounts, it was a publicity stunt to get the Soviet Union to try to match us $ for $ in an arms race, which bankrupted them.

But yeah, Iran Contra is huge black eye on American political history, 100 times worse than Clinton's blowjob, but Reagan came out smelling like a rose.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Strange thing is..if the media is SO liberal, how come Reagan was not crucified for Iran contra, the indications of dealing with Iran BEFORE he was elected, the issue with the debate notebooks - Carter's just found its way into Reagan's staff hands, the climbing deficit, the record number of his personal staff that were indicted (not been equaled before or since), yada yada yada.....

Yet Clinton was for a BJ....

The big one for Clinton was the Chinese affair...and that one dropped...why...I would be willing to bet there were folks on BOTH sides of the congressional aisle that were wetting their beaks at that trough....

For the same reason the media let Bush slide on the "fake news" commercial he funded with Medicare $ that was ruled illegal by the Supreme Court.

I haven't seen one news program talk about this.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Thumbs down

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    For the same reason the media let Bush slide on the "fake news" commercial he funded with Medicare $ that was ruled illegal by the Supreme Court.

I haven't seen one news program talk about this.
    The media in this country is a weak, tool controled by their interests in monopolizing the airways and real estate combined with Bush's FCC policies. Just be thankful they havn't been able to control the internet...yet. If Bush is re-elected he won't have to worry about the Supreme Court either.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM