Thread: Farenheit 9/11

Blog Entries

Farenheit 9/11

Here comes Michael!!

http://www.fahrenheit911.com

The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

Can't wait for it, I love mockumentaries.

They don't give the palm to mockumentaries, get a grip
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Apparently they do though...

But even "mockumentary" is a more flattering label than that explicitly duplicitous propaganda piece / get rich quick scheme deserves.
    Last edited by Christopher M; 06-07-2004 at 03:03 AM.

a couple of questions

Hi Chris

1) Have you seen it?

2) If so what exactly did you find 'duplicitous' about it?
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

Originally posted by Kristoffer
    They don't give the palm to mockumentaries, get a grip
    Yup, like they didn't give an Oscar away for "Bowling for Columbine".

And "This is Spinal Tap" also didn't win any Awards either.

There are plenty mockumentaries that won Awards.

Originally posted by Christopher M
    But even "mockumentary" is a more flattering label than that explicitly duplicitous propaganda piece / get rich quick scheme deserves.
    Let me say that he makes more bucks with that stuff than I reckon most people on here do.
    Plus, the more you rant and rave against it they more people will be attracted to pay bucks to watch it.

Capitalism at it's finest.

Blog Entries
    yeah, extremism in any direction sells. makes sense, b/c having a moderate viewpoint is apparantly too difficult.

but whatever. me and my friends all need jobs. we all have masters degrees. and if getting bush out of office is the way to improve the economy, then so be it! more mockumentaries, rockumentaries, fu(kyoumentaries, whatever else!
    The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

-Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

that article was stupid...

And Moore is a Capitalist Pig (who doesn't shower)...I've never seen "Bowling for Columbine" and I'll never see "Farenhiet 9/11" I don't waste money seeing movies in the movie theater. $10 bucks is too **** much...
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

You actually compare the oscars with the palm? Padre, the oscars is bull shyte.

I've seen Bowling for Columbine. I didn't like it. It was very one sided and the editing was also a bit low standard. He did get the message he was trying to get out though and I guess that was the point with that movie. I think it's wrong to view his movies as real documentaries because such movies should show more than one side to the coin. These should be viewed as political debate fodder, wich is even better in my opinion.

Now as I havn't seen Farenheit yet I can't comment on it. I do expect the same one sidedness and strong political viewpoints. But I also expect it to have an eye opening effect on many people, and I can't see what's wrong with that.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Re: a couple of questions

Originally posted by Nick Forrer
    2) If so what exactly did you find 'duplicitous' about it?
    The duplicitousness is well documented.

Originally posted by T'ai Ji Monkey
    Let me say that he makes more bucks with that stuff than I reckon most people on here do.
    Funny, that's what he keeps saying too. I didn't realize that "financial wealth makes right" was so widely held a value.

But I also expect it to have an eye opening effect on many people, and I can't see what's wrong with that.
    The "eye opening effect" is always on people who want to believe what he's preaching. His pseudo-journalism is just convincing enough to be believable to people who want very badly to believe it.

Michael Moore is the mirror image of Rush Limbaugh. They have the same approach, just different politics. "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."

What's wrong with this is that it excuses people from taking responsibility for their prejudices by giving them something that passes as evidence supporting those prejudices.

I'm no fan of the Bush administration, but lies on top of lies just obfuscate the situation more and don't really solve anything.

Moore is an a-hole. Just like the people he transforms into paper tigers in his films.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

Originally posted by dwid
    Michael Moore is the mirror image of Rush Limbaugh.
    I've always used Anne Coulter as the comparison.

Re: Re: a couple of questions

Nevertheless, G. W. does have monetary ties to Bin Laden's family, and it will be interesting to see them exposed.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.