Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cowardice vs. Sheeplike stupidity

Stacey Guest

Cowardice vs. Sheeplike stupidity

All of you who say that those of us martial artists who don't want to fight in war are cowards need to understand a few key points

1. One does not need to be in war to live through violence, ignorance and destruction.

2. Joining the military for fear of prison is cowardice. opting for prison before war, pillaging, killing and oppressionand based on integrety are the seeds of heroism.

3. Blindly following a sadistic shepherd is what lead to the gas chambers. Anyone that sacrifices there own discomfort and life based on there unwillingness to destroy there fellow humans is a hero.

If you disagree, then please board my pirate ship, loot, pillage, get shot up and give me all the money. You'll retire broke. Thats the military for you.

Cowardice would choke sheeplike stupidity out.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Its about time someone makes a post not saying, "You're unAmerican if you don't go to war!"

No, I'm just a pacifist, and you can't seem to grasp that with your closed mind.

Except, Red5, we had it out and now he sees my plight.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

If you're anti-war, that's fine. Just don't ever claim to be a warrior.

Regardless of how you feel, martial arts are the arts of war. Whether they were training the kwan dao for a conflict 5 centuries ago, or a bayonet for WWI.

Martial arts are for fighting. If you're a martial artist that doesn't believe in fighting, then as far as I'm concerned, you're a bit confused.

Yeah yeah, I know... the excuses pour in after a comment like that. Martial Arts are really about...

*"Fitness" = Gyms tend to be much more effective, and don't require you to play dress up.

*"Self Defense" = keep your eyes open and avoid places where conflict/confrontation are likely.

*"Spirituality": church/temple/etc. Most of them (except the real wackos) don't regularly beat on each other or simulate doing so.

*"Culture": If you want to interact with people from other cultures and learn about them, I'd suggest books and travel. Maybe a foriegn language course at your local community college.

*"Self Discipline": by 'learning' how to beat up another person? In the words of Lil' John... OOOOKAAAY.

The truth is that many people gravitate toward the martial arts, especially those that do the least actual fighting, because they want to feel like they're more than just an average Joe, and possibly even somewhat of an accomplished fighter. At the very least, they don't want to get stuffed into a locker, or don't want to have it happen again.

Martial Arts aren't about anything but fighting. If you're a pacifist, I'd suggest spending your time supporting the anti-war movement, instead of learning how to punch people.

Phrost, now I have to like you, which irritates me to no end...

(Actually, you can be proud of what you've built, I just find the Bullshido forums full of bull)

Actualy, fighting and self defense can be ttwo different subjects. Self Defense can incorporate skills on avoiding trouble, deflecting it, or talking it down. But at the end of the day, you probably still need to know how to fight.

I started life as a pacifist...until I learned there non-pacifists out there who didn't care about my ideals or life, so if I wanted to live, I better understand how to defend myself.

Pacifism as a philosophy is a wonderful thing. Avoiding conflict is noble. But allowing others to kick you, kill you and otherwise violate you, is just as foolish as picking a meaningless fight.

Militant Islam has been picking fights for a long, long time. Over 70% of the world's conflicts are caused by islamists. You may want to put your head in the sand, but just remember it makes easier for them to lob it off.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

I can understand how you feel that way. We just apply the full contact training method to our forums. It looks ugly at times, but it does work for our purposes.

And at the very least, it keeps things lively.

nerds are socially awkward, but hey are super smart and stuff.

musicians aren't too bright, but they usually have a way with the ladies.

martial artists have neither. they are the bottom of the barrel.

If you need to find a hip nightspot, or a library don't ask one of us
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

I don't know about all that. Over at Bullshido we've got a few grad students, lawyers, and scientists.

Although I can't vouch for whether or not any of them know where the good clubs are.

There are levels and degrees of pacifism. I personally think that violence is generally speaking a poor solution for any given problem except the problem of being subjected to violence.

I would consider myself a 'hit back' pacifist.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

musicians aren't too bright, but they usually have a way with the ladies.
    Whoa! I beg to differ. I scored especially high on my SATs and had a good GPA when I went to school...what we lack is a grip on reality sometimes, a insationable urge to mingle and have sex, and juxtaposition to what is popular culture.

I'm inbetween MAs at the time, seeing how I'm on a sabatical in Colorado, but I don't try to incorporate spirtiuality with MA. As trying to be a Buddhist it completely contradicts the teachings. Thats my delima. Also, I've never claimed to be a warrior. I'm a practioner. I have no desire to be a warrior.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Nothing is wrong with a _______ ("fighter," "martial artist,""warrior,") choosing not to serve a purpose he rejects. Aside from contractual obligation.
    There are things I wouldn't fight for.

Piszing contest between two childish leaders: no.
    Repelling invasion at home: gladly.

Someone telling me to give them my wallet & cell: go time.
    Master...Teach me kung fu.

Originally posted by Phrost
    If you're anti-war, that's fine. Just don't ever claim to be a warrior.
    Originally posted by Yoda
    War does not make one great.
    Have never heard anyone over the mental or emotional age of 15 say they like to fight. That does not meen those who hate to fight aren't fighters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Depends on what you mean by fight. Please define 'mental age of 15' - as I don't think that is a measurable statement, and therefore has no meaning beyond the emotional 'ha-ha' shock level.

And as far as the deranged go...I've encountered dranged people that had very high EQ in other areas...then there are sport fighters who just enjoy it. Most I've known are well educated pretty mature sorts.

I think you are getting at those that choose to fight out of feaer, ignorance, or stupidity....but that is only once segment of the 'likes to fight category.'
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

That was not a joke. Some people do not mature, either our of choice or for other reasons. Acting childishly is a sign of this. If you see some one acting like a 15-year-old adolesant, they have the mental age of a 15-year-old, regardless of thier age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Originally posted by Becca

Have never heard anyone over the mental or emotional age of 15 say they like to fight. That does not meen those who hate to fight aren't fighters.
    Did you just quote YODA?

Please tell me I'm just punchy and I misread what you posted.