Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Little advice???

Little advice???

Ok...so currently an hour away from the temple at Songshan, Teaching English in Zhengzhou. Sounds crazy but I'm finding it really difficult to manage my diet here. I miss my supplements and can't even find a freakin dvd player for those rainy days or times when there is no time to get out. I have for yrs mainly lived on fluidy supplements and the locals don't seem to undestand why I don't appear to eat much.........the food here is often very poor quality and I've been so sick so often that I'm almost affraid to eat...I'm sure if I wasn't under contract and had enough money I could happily shack up on songshan under a discipleship, but it would take a little time to prove committment, so I'm thinking I need at least 6 mths of living cash ( food , accom, training, clothes and hygeine).

I figure I three options

1. stick it out and save my pennies]

2. Go back to Australia and return directly to songshan without needing to work. ( this is'd probably take anywhere from 6mths to 2yrs, in te meantime i'd pick up a ma instructor cert , finish my Phd dissertation in chan, regain some deserved health and fitness and maybe study more chinese medicine)

or 3. Take a job in Beijing as a fitness / nutrition teacher come counsellor to english speaking students. On the up side, Beijing is probably better equipt to facilitate a westerner and I could still visit Shaolin...but they want answer within the week and if it doesn't work out, I don't really like the idea of needing to bail on 2 contracts in such a short time.........

advice??...what do y'all think??

okay..thx anway but a decision has been made....
    as a tear of regret rolls down my face ( just kidding ) I am waiting to hear back from a college in Melbourne on a diploma of sports coaching , ma elective Gongfu....leaving after my students here do their nxt exam...........complete phd...train...save and return to the temple

I guess this thread can probably be buried now but ahhmm...thx for the outlet anyway

I would have went to beijing. There's good money to made there right now. It reminds of one of those silver/gold "boom towns" in America's expansion to the west coast.

chinese diet needs A LOT of work. Never seen people eat so much of scavengers and bleached rice.

You come here to give advice, not receive it BL .

Anyway, you forgot the 4th option - go back to Oz, work for $10,000 a week modelling and go back to Songshan and live in luxury. Do this every 3 months and you'll be set.

I also can't believe that you can't even find a freakin dvd player for those rainy days ... sheesh. What do they expect a Chan buddhist to do?

Try stripping or whoring yourself out.

I hear there is good money to be made. As flexible and hot as you claim to be I'm sure you can charge top dollar.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Did you guys know that Beijing has a Chinatown? Seriously. I was watching Wild On... and this native of Beijing said, "Hey, lets go to Chinatown..." WTF??!? Where the hell is CHINATOWN in FRIKKIN CHINA?!?!!?!? What a paradox.
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

Beijing is an ancient capital but with a lot of "modernization" (constructions) now.

Maybe the local is refering to the older section of the city as "Chinatown".

Songshan temple as well as any other temples nearby will serve vegetarian food to any visitors. You will be able to get anything you need in Beijing of course.

I do not know if they let females to study in Shaolin temple though. There are also nuns only but in different temples.

Best of luck.

Originally posted by Merryprankster
    Try stripping or whoring yourself out.

I hear there is good money to be made. As flexible and hot as you claim to be I'm sure you can charge top dollar.
    *snort* I'd Der.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Originally posted by Losttrak
    Did you guys know that Beijing has a Chinatown? Seriously. I was watching Wild On... and this native of Beijing said, "Hey, lets go to Chinatown..." WTF??!? Where the hell is CHINATOWN in FRIKKIN CHINA?!?!!?!? What a paradox.
    Crazy.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Shaolin Temple is sending monks to other countries to teach Chan and Shaolin Kungfu.

You may stay in your own country and look for one if there is any.

I know there are a lot of Shaolin people in a lot of countries.

There are more students/monks (than those actually reside in the temple) from previous Shaolin temple that migrated to other parts of the world for one reason or another.

So find a good teacher is more important than to be in the place.

There are thousands and thousands Shaolin Di Tzi every where.
    Last edited by SPJ; 05-23-2004 at 06:34 PM.

I'd lol @ someof these comments but my stomache is churning at the people you're showing yourself to be......half the reason I'm leaving ( or a good part of it) is sex starved men...and yes...I'm human and i did consider modelling a little....and Toby..as for your funny-guy comment .... I would give it all up in a second to go there, shave my head and live on songshan forever practicing buddhism...but unfortunately, it's just not always that simple......

Alot of places do not have monks available full time, and It's more often than not, not half the experience you get at shaolin...this is NOT about gongfu for me so much as it is about shaolin ( of which gongfu is part)...some people just still don't get it

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    I'd lol @ someof these comments but my stomache is churning at the people you're showing yourself to be ...
    It's all just in response to your post history. No-one takes you very seriously any more.
    ... some people just still don't get it
    Some people just don't care. You're just fun to play with.

As those monks say, you have to have For Yuan (connection with Buddha) first. And that comes from your Karmic past.

Best of luck in seeking whatever you are seeking.

Armitopho.

...some people just still don't get it
    The problem is that you just don't get it.

And Toby's right. Nobody bothers with you much any more because you always know better. The fact that you'd post a thread asking for advice and then answer it yourself before anybody gets a chance to post is fvcking hilarious!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching