Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Putman

Yeah, crap song. "The Land Down Under" by Men At Work. A one-hit wonder.

Here's vegemite . It's an acquired taste for most. Australians mostly love it, foreign devils hate it . Very good in the morning after a drinking session. It has a very strong taste. It's kind of similar to Marmite or Promite, which I believe come from overseas.

Yeah, crap song. "The Land Down Under" by Men At Work. A one-hit wonder
    One hit wonder my ASS!! How dare you insult the band that gave us:
    Who Can It Be Now?
    Everything I Need
    Dr. Heckyll & Mr. Jive

Just to name a few! BAH!
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

Sorry.I forgot those other "hits". Can't say I recall the last 2, though. They mustn't be in my extensive Men At Work CD collection.

You don't have Dr. Heckyll & Mr. Jive!?!?!?!

For SHAME!!

Its on the BRAZIL and the new CONTRABAND (greatest hits) albums
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

Toby is correct about what crumpets are, and yes, they're f*cking gorgeous. And no, we don't eat them all the time, although I would have them with a cup of tea.

And Marmite is what we have in England. From people I've known, they're similar (Mar and Vege Mites) but different enough for people who enjoy one to hate the other.

yeah, baby.
    Last edited by scotty1; 05-27-2004 at 04:26 AM.

Originally posted by Asia
    You don't have Dr. Heckyll & Mr. Jive!?!?!?!

For SHAME!!

Its on the BRAZIL and the new CONTRABAND (greatest hits) albums
    Uhh, OK. You really are a Men At Work fan huh? *Backs away slowly*

scotty1, yeah, I'd never substitute any of that other crap for vegemite.

Re: Thank you for your comments

Dear Mr. Putman,

Please see my comments in response to your post.

Originally posted by JasonPutman
    My dad vouched for Bannon and Defferre; and then he vouched for me when I pursued all the interviews.
    Does your father know Bannon and Defferre well enough to vouch for the veracity of their experiences?

Bannon's book, "Race Against Evil," has been confirmed as accurate and credible by intelligence and law officers with whom he worked. The interviews are detailed in the article and speak for themselves.
    I'm afraid that your confirmations may not be as sound as you present, particularly Geoffrey Ries (MI6 officer) in footnote 25:

"Due to the laws governing secrecy in the United Kingdom, Ries was particularly difficult to pin down when we spoke on the phone. However, his legitimacy was confirmed by Bannon; Wolper arranged the phone interview."

I'm sorry, but such a source needs independent assurance that it is sound. I could claim that I am the 25th generational inheritor of "Real super-dooper Ninjutsu" and get my associate "Sam Hill" to vouch for me; you can trust Sam because he is an honest person .... the real deal. Honest.

Much of my research was assisted by Professor Chiu Hse Yu of Singapore University, with whom I co-wrote "Interpol's Secret Army" for The Western Libertartian Alliance political journal. Bannon also has an article in the same issue, "The Hidden Slavery: Global Sex Trafficking," which - true to his character - mentions nothing about his own book. The issue in question can be downloaded in entirety (1.9 M) as a PDF file at
    http://www.westernlibertarian.org/pa...0low%20res.pdf
    or got to http://www.westernlibertarian.org/paper and choose "WLA Complete".
    Professor Chiu's web site (and contact address) is: http://www.geocities.com/chiuhse_yu
    I have a number of points to make about your "co-author" of the "Western Libertartian Alliance" article:

1) Website veracity
    The website you reference (http://www.geocities.com/chiuhse_yu/) is a GeoCities page which is missing the Singapore Management University letters (SMU), but does show the Lions head logo. Only a (correct) contact address is shown but no contact numbers. The email address is a Yahoo one.

Her real page is: http://www.business.smu.edu.sg/law/f...hiu_hseyu.html and shows the full contact details and legitimate smu.edu.sg email address. Her research interests are to do with Business law not Human Trafficking or International policing organisations.

2) Article Authorship details
    The "co-author" details (Chiu Hse Yu) are not accurate:

She does not have a Ph.D. (according to her own resume) and is not a lecturer in Law at the National University of Singapore; she is a lecturer at the Singapore Management University, a completely different organisation. She does however hold a law degree (LLB) from the National University of Singapore.

She has not published a book called "Punishment as Response to Harm", Singapore University Press, 1997. She only received her undergraduate degree in 1997.

She does have an article in the Singapore Journal of Legal Studies, Dec. 2002 (http://law.nus.edu.sg/sjls/sjls2002d.htm). Interestingly there is another article with a similar title ...

Australian Influences on the Insider Trading Laws in Singapore
    Chiu Hse Yu

Punishment as Response to Harm:
    Why the Attempt Warrants Lesser Punishment Than the Completed Crime
    Davinia Filza Abdul Aziz

3) Context of Quotes
    The quote the former Secretary-General of Interpol (Raymond-Kendall) seems to be taken out of context and does not in itself advocate breaking the law and employing assasins:

"If we waited until the laws were adopted, we would wait a long, long time. Unless we have the courage to step outside the usual run of the mill responses we will not achieve anything."

My points may seem to be nit-picking and small in number. However, I believe them to be illustrative of many similar instances in his article. I do not believe that Mr. Bannon's sources have been adequately verified by Mr. Putman, to any kind of journalistic standard. As a consequence, his article does nothing to help me believe the veracity of Mr. Bannon's experiences.

Given the dubious (Chiu Hse Yu) website and unverifiable references, I question the amount of credence we should give to Mr. Putman's article. The danger is that Mr. Bannon's article is given more weight than it deserves because Mr. Putman has so-called "independently verified" the facts.
    Last edited by CFT; 05-28-2004 at 04:08 AM.

Uhh, OK. You really are a Men At Work fan huh? *Backs away slowly*
    What can I say I'm an 80s man.

Back on topic,

Anyone else think it funny that a man who did all these clandestine hits for an org that is suppose to be for LAW ENFORCEMENT published a book and is not afriad that pple will seek revenge or that his org will send pple after him for spilling secrets? Worse still give a blackeye to Interpol?

Stacey started it...

...And didn't Stacey once challenge me to some sort of fight under a bridge or something years ago? Keep it coming Stacey. You wrote:
    I thought it was about publishing credible information with plausible sources.
    We often get comments like so-and-so is a fraud or this-and-that ain't true. Such is the nature of research. We accept the dominent paradigm, but that doesn't mean it's correct. Probably the most interesting case was Piltdown Man. If this could happen in the scinetific realm (and often still does), it can certainly happen in the martial arts where charlatans abound.

Of course, we try to validate our stories as much as possible, and I'll be the first to admit that we have been fooled in the past, just like any martial arts publisher. It's that connection to mysticism in the martial arts that opens the door to charlatans in an exceptional way. Now certainly we have more resources at our disposal to validate submissions (you should see some of the stuff we turn down ) but no one is infallible. Someday, I should tell you the story of my previous company and "Bruce Lee's brother" . So as I said before, it's really about research. Anyone can claim the ultimate truth. And anyone can dispute it. What's more important, and this perhaps is a remnant of my scholarly training, is the research - that we can debate it intelligently. Stacey raised a good question about the validity of Putnam's research. It was a good devil's advocate role. A lot of people voiced armchair opinions that were marginally valid. Putnam responded eloquently. Now CFT has also responded eloquently. So the ball is in Putnam's court, or Bannon's if he responds.

Let me add some grist to the mill here and give you the history about this story. Dr. Bannon has been a long time contributor to the magazine in the past. Most of his articles were historical. He was always inconsistent about submissions though, and often difficult to contact. When he contacted our former editor, Martha Burr, about the Deadly Hands story, we had a lot of discussion about whether we should run it or not. I was the most skeptical here, and to be honest, still am the most skeptical. Bannon came in to do the shoot (that's Design Sifu getting the knife in the thumbnail on the e-zine) when I was away. We shook hands, but that was it. After we ran the article, it received a lot of response, both positive and negative. Bannon came onto the TC Media forum to answer questions directly but no one took him up on it. I'm hoping he'll come back now. I had been contacted about the book later, since they used some of our images. Additionally, I was contacted by the reporter that Kung Lek cited earlier. Then this Putnam article was submitted and we decided to publish it on the e-zine. Unlike the first article, I was all for it. The reason was to elicit the very dialog we are having here. We researched Putnam's story and could not refute it as it was, although to be honest, I think many of you are digging deeper, and that's great. If we do find out that it's fradulent, of course, we'll run that story too. This is how research works in the academic world. You put something out, then others try to refute it. I encourage you all to keep working at this, just as I encourage Putnam and Bannon to defend their work. I hope that we can keep our dialog civil too, but that might be too much to ask from a forum .
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Dealing with Putman

As Mr. Putman requested in his post I first e-mailed him some questions and he then mailed me back what was described in its title as a consultancy agreement and which I promptly erased by accident. Since I don't wish to pay Mr. Putman so that he can answer questions, here is a copy of the letter I sent him and perhaps he can answer the questions here.

Dear Mr. Putman:

My name is Samuel Browning and I am writing because I am very skeptical about Mr. Bannon's claims and thought you could provide some additional information that I could use to confirm parts on his account. In his book Bannon claimed on on August 30, 1998 that he was part of a "Wonderland Club" police and Interpol raid in which multiple suspects were killed. I have done a nexus/lexis search of florida newspapers from August and September and have found that there were only two "Wonderland Club" raids in Florida and one was in Jacksonville Florida and the other was in Miami Florida. No deaths were reported from either raid. Since this was an overt law enforcement operation rather than a covert hit, the existance of deaths would have been publically revealed. Could you please tell me in which town or city in which this raid occurred so I can contact the local authorities and confirm that this incident actually happened?

I've also called the New Orleans Police Department and they told me that they do not have a New Orleans Police Officer named Thomas Parker. Can you please tell me which command he works out of so I can contact him through an official NOPD number?

Finally could you please tell me the date and city in which Jacques Defferre was killed so I can confirm his death?

Thank you for your time.

Samuel Browning"

Since this time I have also done a lexis search for David Bannon's name in the published decisions of the Federal District Courts and Federal Circuit Courts of America (01/01/1990 to 05/25/2004) and turned up absolutely nothing. Will Mr. Putnam identify the case names, their docket numbers, and the court's in question and I will call the appropriate clerk's offices to try to confirm his story?
    Last edited by Samuel Browning; 06-03-2004 at 03:09 PM.

Welcome to the forum, Samuel

Nice work, except for the accidental erasure of the file. Looking forward to hearing more.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Back off Gene! Get your own BS Hunting Lawyer.

SB's ours.

Neener.

lol phrost

Well, he just signed on here this morning and his participation is more that welcome. Perhaps it's best not to be possessive of lawyers... besides, it's a free internet...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

We have Judge Pen who is a lawyer, and I'm sure he's busy hunting something.

Good work Mr. S. Brown, Esq.
    Last edited by rogue; 05-28-2004 at 04:15 PM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Of course I'm kidding. Mr. B. is spearheading the investigation into these claims over on Bullshido and he's doing such a hell of a job that I'd be concerned if he ever decided to use his powers for evil.

Your internet is free? Mine costs me $120 a month for a business class connection.