Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Putman

Originally posted by YinYangDagger
    To much from what I know doesn't seem plausible.

Yeah, and you know everything.

Bullshido is launching its own investigation to verify the validity of the claims.
    And your point is what?

That's what I thought.

Kung Lek

I remember when that journalist contacted me about Bannon. It sort bums me out that they called me an 'associate editor' since I've never held that position. I'm the Associate publisher, thank you very much (although at the time, I may have still been Assistent publisher). Calling me an 'editor' is a little like calling a McDonald's manager a 'burger flipper'. I know, I know, it's my own little pet peeve, just bear with me.

Keep launching your own investigations, guys! That's what it's all about!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Stacey Guest
    I thought it was about publishing credible information with plausible sources. I thought it was about martial arts and not someone's teenage fantasy.

Phrost - What kind of pu$$y comment is that? "That's what I thought." Sorry, I don't LIVE on the internet boards. And by the way, that means I don't care much for your trashy message board. Sue me.

If you do not respond in 30 seconds you're nothing but a punk-a$$ biotch. Ready, go...
    Be nice to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself. - Master Wang (Combat Shuai Chiao) from the EmptyFlower forums.

To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by
    fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy's assault by fire and close combat. ~ Mission of the Marine Rifle Company

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

That's what I thought.
    Be nice to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself. - Master Wang (Combat Shuai Chiao) from the EmptyFlower forums.

fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy's assault by fire and close combat. ~ Mission of the Marine Rifle Company

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

I thought it was about publishing credible information with plausible sources. I thought it was about martial arts and not someone's teenage fantasy.
    Putman...Do you know kung fu?
    I'm guessing so...I pushed and poked and you sunk in humility and turned. Well I'm satiated. It was an entertaining article, so much so that I didn't think it could be real. Anyways, nice work, writing isn't easy.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Phrost - What kind of pu$$y comment is that? "That's what I thought." Sorry, I don't LIVE on the internet boards. And by the way, that means I don't care much for your trashy message board. Sue me.

If you do not respond in 30 seconds you're nothing but a punk-a$$ biotch. Ready, go...
    So let me get this straight... you don't care for Bullshido because you feel it's trashy?

I suppose you were sipping tea and eating crumpets while you called me a "pu$$y" and a "biotch"?

I gave you a day to respond. I feel that's fair. I was hoping for a mature, well thought out opinion on why you do not like our site. Unfortunately, this is what I got.

I'm sorry, did we expose one of your instructors as a fraud? You obviously have no problems with harsh language ("trashy" behavior), so what is it exactly that you take exception to? That we actually have the nerve to call people on their BS instead of letting them pretend they're actual martial artists and in the process delude dozens of others into thinking the same?

Well?

Talking

Phrost, you getting civilized in your old age?

Pass the crumpets....

Aww, I thought I've always been somewhat civilized over here.

Thou hast cut me to the quick. Pass the scones please.

Excuse me "innocent" one. It was you that felt you were the big shot with your little comments. I replied, and that's that. I usually don't beat around the bush with any reply, so if it were a little gruff, you get what you gave.

And no, you've never to my knowledge "exposed" any of my past instructors. I personally don't like your boards because of all the flamers you allow to lurk there. It's been a while since I've been over there, so maybe it's changed. I agree with a lot of what most of them said, i.e. practicing on a live resisting opponent etc. It's the only way to really learn to fight...

However, I read other boards as well - Empty Flower to be more precise. And 99% of the time, when someone comes over to flame, guess where they come from? If someone were to come to your boards to pick a fight verbally, they deserve what they get. But why must some folks on your board go over and try and shove their viewpoints down other people's throats? I know you have no control of what they do, but the simple fact is it does leave a bad taste. Now you come along and because of a simple you get all huffy. I didn't even write anything derogatory about your site. If you want to be the Martial Arts Sheriff, so be it.

I read forums because it's fun. I don't usually argue, because in the long run, 99% of the people won't change their viewpoints regardless of how much you huff and puff. To me this is ludicrous and a complete waste of time. I've gone down the road of arguing endlessly, especially over politics. I refuse to even join in on those arguments unless I have personal experience with something brought up (like the military).

I must say I do enjoy slamming the Shaolin-do crowd when I get the chance, because I've got a little experience there and to me it was a waste of money and more importantly time. Doesn't mean I hate them personally, though.

I don't like tea or crumpets (what the he!! are crumpets??) by the way.

Excuse me "innocent" one. It was you that felt you were the big shot with your little comments. I replied, and that's that. I usually don't beat around the bush with any reply, so if it were a little gruff, you get what you gave.

Do you even know what you're talking about? You referenced my site well before I posted here. Maybe you're talking about Asia.

Bad idea.

And no, you've never to my knowledge "exposed" any of my past instructors. I personally don't like your boards because of all the flamers you allow to lurk there. It's been a while since I've been over there, so maybe it's changed. I agree with a lot of what most of them said, i.e. practicing on a live resisting opponent etc. It's the only way to really learn to fight...

However, I read other boards as well - Empty Flower to be more precise. And 99% of the time, when someone comes over to flame, guess where they come from? If someone were to come to your boards to pick a fight verbally, they deserve what they get. But why must some folks on your board go over and try and shove their viewpoints down other people's throats? I know you have no control of what they do, but the simple fact is it does leave a bad taste. Now you come along and because of a simple you get all huffy. I didn't even write anything derogatory about your site. If you want to be the Martial Arts Sheriff, so be it.
    I just wanted you to back up your catty little emoticon. Kind of like how I'd like you to back up, with links, any trollish activity on Emptyflower, with links to said activity.

We're not in the business of going after anyone for anything other than BS.

I read forums because it's fun. I don't usually argue, because in the long run, 99% of the people won't change their viewpoints regardless of how much you huff and puff. To me this is ludicrous and a complete waste of time. I've gone down the road of arguing endlessly, especially over politics. I refuse to even join in on those arguments unless I have personal experience with something brought up (like the military).

I must say I do enjoy slamming the Shaolin-do crowd when I get the chance, because I've got a little experience there and to me it was a waste of money and more importantly time. Doesn't mean I hate them personally, though.
    I don't think any of us get any more emotionally attached to this than you do. However, we do resent that people are being taken advantage of in multiple ways, and that the martial arts need to have a lot of myths dispelled for the public's benefit.

Bullshido is about direct participation by members of the martial arts community in the discussion of establishing and improving standards for realistic martial arts training.

I'd wager, through my direct crusading, we have a good 60%+ of our members that would fall under the catagory of 'traditional' martial artists.

I don't actually know either. I think they're some sort of cookie.

Regardless, I do take your 'comment' personally. We're working hard over there, and yeah, we get our hands dirty at times, but we've built this system from scratch. We're still learning what works and what doesn't.

We're not in the business of going after anyone for anything other than BS.

Define BS. I'd bet that not everyone would agree that what you view as BS is the same as everyone else. There's too may martial arts out there that focus on other things than fighting. Me personally, and I've said it before, only view martial arts as a way of advancing your fighting skills. However as I get older, I wouldn't mind picking up some Tai Chi for health. See, this last statement alone will pi$$ some Tai Chi folks off as they may practice it as a fighting style.

Bullshido is about direct participation by members of the martial arts community in the discussion of establishing and improving standards for realistic martial arts training.

Come on man, are you for real? I sincerely enjoy your efforts, but do you actually read some of the posts on your site????

Anyway, I'm done with this. If you want to search over at EF be my guest. The only thing that's going to come out of this is you'll make some comment and then I'll reply, and then it'll start all over again. Which in turn will make my ADD flare up. And I hate it when that happens. Forget the crumpets, pass me a Ritalin, please...and a beer...

Not even green tea? Love the stuff. Crumpets in Oz are these cool circular things made of dough with lots of holes in them. You put them in the toaster and when they're ready, butter them and put honey, vegemite, whatever on them. The butter and other toppings then melt down into the holes. Mmmm! Oh, yeah, they taste great with sausage, salami or ham and cheese on top under the grill too. You can't really see here , but the pic at the bottom is of a crumpet.

Not sure of what a vegemite is either, but I remember hearing of it in an older 80's song