Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Putman

Oh yeah...............

Wastrel is such a reliable source..............

Re: Sorry, our 6/28/4 crash ate my reply to Samuel

Originally posted by GeneChing
    If you're wondering why we have so many crashes here, it's several reasons: the high traffic due to the print mag, the online store, the publising dept. We move a lot of files all the time, and that does take it's toll. But probably the biggest problem is this forum. So enjoy it.
    think its time for an upgrade gene

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/prod...555&l=en&s=biz

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

huh?

Originally posted by SifuAbel
    Oh yeah...............

Wastrel is such a reliable source..............
    I've watched Wastral post on B U L L S H I D O for over a year and his work is quite factually reliable. But have you discovered that such a riot did occur in 1981 as Bannon has claimed? If you want to support David Bannon thats your right but do it with facts rather than by rolling your eyes at some assertion you don't like.

Actually i don't have an opinion on your matter.

I was just stateing that quoting wastrel is dubious.

and?

Because you have a problem with him specifically, or because you know nothing about his reliability and don't accept my claim that he information is reliable?

Second question, if I was to search the New York Times archives for a riot on this date in 1981 re this Korean town and find nothing would you consider that proof? I post under my real name.

How about this one?

Here's a discussion of what happened at Kwangju City in 1980 by Lee Jai Eui. his qualifications are as follows.

"Lee Jai Eui is a journalist in Kwangju, South Korea. Currently an economic editor for KwangNam Daily News, and he has been involving Executive Committee of Kwangju Citizens' Solidarity(KCS). He was born in Koksung County, Chun Nam Province, South Korea in 1956. Previously he, being a student, involed Kwangju May Uprising 1980, which is well-known as Kwangju Masscre. He was influenced in his onward life by the involvement. He wrote the book, 'Beyond the death, beyond the darkness'(1985) - the first documentary recording of Kwangju Masscre. "

http://gshin.chonnam.ac.kr/kcs/book/sev.htm

He says the following happened at the first anniversary of the demonstrations in 1981.

"The first attempt to hold a commemorative ceremony of the uprising in Kwangju was prevented by the police, who completely shut down the site. Of the students who took to the streets in protest , 50 were either indicted or prosecuted."

Here is what David Bannon Ph.D (in history) says happened in 1981 in his book "Race Against Evil. "That spring, South Korea was tormented by mass student demonstrations against the repressive government. An emergency decree banned all political activities and dissolved all political parties. For four days from May 19 to 22, nearly 200,000 citizens and students clashed with military forces in Kwangju City. The students took over government offices and seized police stations and armories. On the same dates in 1980, an almost identical demonstration was staged. As if to commemorate the 1980 uprising, the bloody student riots were repeated in Kwangju in 1981. I was there." (pp. 19-20)

"Later that night, on May 22, paratroopers stormed the city and restored order at the cost of hundreds of deaths and thousands of wounded." (p. 24)

How many such sources do you want to see before accepting my point that no one got killed in 1981, and Bannon's version of "history is unreliable".

or

Here is another link to a discussion of events in Kwangju City in 1980 which does not mention any killings in 1981 in this location. The author is John Kie-chiang Oh,
    Professor Emeritus, Catholic University of America

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/opin...7205911340.htm
    Last edited by Samuel Browning; 06-30-2004 at 07:49 PM.

again, I don't care. wastrel is a yahoo.

In 80-81, I was too busy ducking out of the way during the miami riots.

And no, The NY times not reporting a korean riot is not proof of its being false. NY times has been in question lately anyway.

so you just dislike him and have no proof of your own.

again, I don't care. wastrel is a yahoo.

In 80-81, I was too busy ducking out of the way during the miami riots.

And no, The NY times not reporting a korean riot is not proof of its being false. NY times has been in question lately anyway.
    So you dislike the Wastral but don't have any information to prove him wrong.

And since you don't like the NY Times, (though Jason Blair was not working for them in 1981) I have put up several writings from people who are concerned about commemorating the deaths of demonstrators in Kwangju City in 1980 but either say, only arrests happened in 1981, or do not mention any more deaths in 1981. Though with their dislike of the military government ruling South Korea at the time they would be unlikely to overlook another example of civilians getting killed by this goverment.

Remember Bannon's claim is hundreds died in 1981, to imagine the press missing this event, when they reported the carnage in 1980 is ridiculous.

Red face

oh boy..................

Note KFM mission statement below

Buh-bye

Bye

oh boy..................

Note KFM mission statement below

Buh-bye
    Bye, when you get a real argument, please do share.

yeah, a REAL argument, like which chicks are sexier, Chinese or Thai?
    Be nice to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself. - Master Wang (Combat Shuai Chiao) from the EmptyFlower forums.

To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by
    fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy's assault by fire and close combat. ~ Mission of the Marine Rifle Company

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Originally posted by YinYangDagger
    yeah, a REAL argument, like which chicks are sexier, Chinese or Thai?

that is a good question, but mostly on personal opinion. i haven't seen too many beautiful thai chicks.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

if you really want to get deep, being beautiful is somewhat different than being sexy
    Be nice to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself. - Master Wang (Combat Shuai Chiao) from the EmptyFlower forums.

To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by
    fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy's assault by fire and close combat. ~ Mission of the Marine Rifle Company

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Originally posted by YinYangDagger
    if you really want to get deep, being beautiful is somewhat different than being sexy

much agreed