Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Putman

Who shot JF Kennedy?
    Be nice to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself. - Master Wang (Combat Shuai Chiao) from the EmptyFlower forums.

To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by
    fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy's assault by fire and close combat. ~ Mission of the Marine Rifle Company

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

When did that happen?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

...the forum is a democracy and if the people - all of you members - want to keep something on top, it's popularity will keep it up. I'll make acceptions for announcements, and right now, there's that video thread, but frankly, if the thread isn't popular enough to have continued commentary, it should fade like 28,700+ (and counting) threads before it.

Come on Gene..............people posting on this thread does not have a correlation to a lack of interest from most members. The reason there ain't much posting on this thread is because we end up getting to the stage where we are now, where it is POINTLESS discussing it we need to verify the claims and that is what Sam is doing.

I am pretty dismayed by your attitude Gene, if you look on ANY thread you will see the original subject of the thread gets completely forgot as people end up discussing about other related subjects, there is nothing wrong with this as this is how conversation flows, SO IT HAS NO LINK WHATSOEVER TO POPULARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It surely is in the public interest to support efforts to uncover frauds??????

The Biggest problem with Chinese Martial Arts is that not enough people are willing to stand up and fight tooth and nail to get the con artists exposed, this is a perfect opportunity to do that, and to show your lack of support Gene when you could make a difference is somewhat disheartening.

Who shot JF Kennedy?
    Oswald. You'd have to wait around another 35yrs before anyone offically says any different. BAKA!

We're not the only ones questioning these claims

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/ml...ily/5255967.htm

Now with all these pple asking questions wouldn't just be easier to provide public proof and get it over with. Stop pulling an ASHIDA KIM*

*To constantly stick to an outrageous claim but NEVER providing proof, which you profess to have, even when others provide evidence against you.
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

*looks at watch*

Internal Boxer et.al.

My lack of support? If you examine my behavior on this thread, you'll find that I support this investigation fully. That's far more than any other magazine. Think about it for - is there any other magazine where the Associate Publisher will respond personally like this? Is there any magazine that even offers a forum like ours? Get a little perspective please.

As for keeping this thread on front page, it is popular obviously, so it's staying up there. That's democracy in action. See? On the forum, democracy actually works. So we're not going to 'sticky' this thread. Your complaint is moot. Popular thread sticky themselves.

Even a voice of one can do it themselves. Any forum novice knows how to ttt. I've always thought that was a little forced, but I certainly don't forbide it. And as you can see, it has only been necessary once on this thread.

To be honest, I'm as disappointed in Mr. Bannon's lack of response as you all are. When the first article was published way back in 2001, Bannon started his own thread to respond to critics. We had some initial complaints on that article, as you might expect, but there was a torrent of letters supporting him too. Actually, to be honest again, I was a bit suspicious because there was so much support. But that was back before the rise of forums like this, so as you can see, no one responded to Bannon's initial thread.

This brings up a point that we should address here, and that is that discussion forums and web e-zines are still relatively new. Many authors avoid them. In truth (and as I've mentioned many times before) the e-zine can get more readers than the magazine over time because it's free, it's international, and it has no shelf life. But also there's the whole nature of this forum, again, a feature that our publication has offered for longer than anyone. Now, of course, we can't make any author participate in the forum, it's voluntary. And if your a professional author, you get paid to write, so it's like working for free, which no one enjoys. So I must say that it's very good of Mr. Putnam and Dr. Bannon to have participated in this discussion so far. I'll also add that I do think they should to continue to participate, since the democracy has turned against them here, and to leave the current questions unanswered is rather disconcerting.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Sometimes you just can't win Gene.

Obviously Mr. Putnam and Dr. Bannon aren't going to play. This makes sense since if they're telling the truth then why waste time with a bunch of nuts on the web, or they're tossing the bull wasting their time with a bunch of nuts on the web may trip them up.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't

If they are telling the truth they should play because it would bolster their credibility. I do take offense at being referred to with others "as a bunch of nuts" since I and Phrost basically post here under our real identities and Asia has offered to share his name with Mr. Putman.

We are not the people making the extraordinary claims here, Putman and Bannon are. If Bannon can take the time to promote his work he can certainly find the time to come here and answer some questions.

HEY SB, I gotta ask (off the topic): Are you any kin to THE Brownings, as in Hi-Power, BAR, etc?
    Be nice to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself. - Master Wang (Combat Shuai Chiao) from the EmptyFlower forums.

fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy's assault by fire and close combat. ~ Mission of the Marine Rifle Company

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

short answer

I believe so, but the relationship is so distant as to not mean anything. From what I understand he was a fourth cousin, so many times removed from one of my pre-1860s ancestors. Its so attenuated that his branch of the family probably does not know mine exists. Bottom line, no gun gifts for moi.

SB, The "bunch of nuts on the web" remark was intended to be sarcastic. I'm sorry if it came across the wrong way.

I agree with you SB, but if someone is appearing on TV and newpapers why does they need to bolster their credibility? The news people don't care and most of the viewers don't care. Unless you rattle their tree or the doubt reaches enough critical mass I don't see why either party would show up. Except if they wanted to do the right thing.

DM

I think alot of pple DO care. Since the story has been out pple have been questioning. It will keep going on until some proves it completely false or they prove they are it to be true. Look at Frank Dux. Pple orginally ate his story up but as more and more pple kept chipping away at it we finally got the truth. Also look at sites like AUTHENTISEAL and CYBERSEAL where pple work hard to debunk claims of covert adventures. Putman and Bannon may ignore us now but if we keep digging eventually we will get something.

Now I will get to work on my book how I single handedly killed thousands of terrorist with swiss army knife and how I actually captured Saddam (forget what CNN says) all the while being secretly employed as a covert operative of AMWAY.
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

I'm proud to be part of a bunch of nuts

That often say in California there's just fruits, nuts and flakes. Given those choices, I lean toward being a nut.

Sometimes you just can't win Gene.
    Ain't it the truth. I've now been accused of setting Mr. Putnam and Mr. Bannon up to take a fall (not by them, mind you, by another contributor). Was that a set up? Well, with these covert operations, I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Seriously, one consideration is that many people don't really 'get web forums' - we all do obviously, since we're here, but it's kinda like any other nerdy pursuit at this point. If you're not into it, you wouldn't give it a second thought. Both Putnam and Bannon did make and initial attempt to participate, but they haven't followed through. Perhaps they were a bit overwhelmed. Perhaps they don't care. Whatever the case, keep perspective of our forum world, which is both little and large, depending on your point of view.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Cool SB, too bad no gun priviledges, though

I personally belive that y'alls work is noble and a worthy cause. So many people get duped into beliving such farfetched crap. Places like Bullshido strive to provide the truth not just a one sided account. I hope you prove these guys wrong. It makes for a good read and it won't have children playing Mr.Bannon the Government-Employed Killer (which is obviously a farse)

As for attacking Gene, I think that was wrong. Gene has supported this investigation fully.

Also, I'd like to see an article on the works of Bullshido.com. Maybe even a list of the guys and schools they've debunked.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest