Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ashida Kim fight video...

Originally posted by SevenStar
    Oddly enough, the night Troy came out, my friend and I had a long, deep discussion about that quote from achilles. Neither of us saw the movie that night, we just happened to stumble upon that topic.
    Meh, you're just saying that to try and sound intellectual!

Bet it was more like this;

Seven: Jya think anyone'll remember us (scratches gut, flicks channel)
    Booger: When?
    Seven: Ya know, when we're like, dead? (crushes tinny on head, chucks it onto the pile)
    Booger: Nehh.
    Seven: I mean... (pause) what's your name again...?
    Both belch. Guzzle cans

its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

The video was preplanned but not so carefully choreographed btw. Anyone who says anything else is deluding themselves!

It was also very boring.

Plus I have more ninjas in my underpants than there were in that ring.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Originally posted by cerebus
    Ironmonkey's being silly (at least I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say so). If he's not, then he's just being foolish.
    Well I only read the first two pages of this thread, maybe somewhere else someone proved something wrong that I said, I dunno, so you tell me what I said wrong.
    Be water my friend.

Plus I have more ninjas in my underpants than there were in that ring.
    I've gotten good results from Tinactin.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Tinactin vs underpants ninja.

I heard that Tinactin once choked out Ashida Kim.

True story.

Unfortunately, no video available.

Man, if Ashida Kim's getting in your underpants you need to report him! That's just NOT right!

Don't be silly, only real ninja can get in my underpants...

or should I say 'kunoichi...?!

Originally posted by Mat

lol
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

some new info...

No one by the name of Ashida Kim ever came to SAb(Certainly not to compete, unless he went about it in a non official way). Actually, spoke to someone who is part of his organisation, and he confirmed Kim never came to our land. I'm almost 95% sure the vidoe was shot over here, just wonder who the ninja was if it wasnt Kim.

I even learned that one of our local masters even got graded by e-mail, and received some dan grading by Master Kim. Go figure

point taken...but didn't we also say that Ashida Kim isn't even his real name???

Wow Blooming Lotus for a minute there I thought you were an alter ego of Ashida Kim which is ironic since Ashida Kim is an alther ego of Chris Hunter's.............the film identity springs to mind.

Come on guys we should be trying to help Mr Hunter seek professional help to treat his psychosis.

I just watched the video clip.

I will say there are a few valid things about the fight. A few of the kicks, especially the one ashida kim took to his kidneys (the axe kick that is) definately does not feel good.

There are lots of suspicious or janky looking things in the fight. For one, the rolling back leg toss from the corner of the ropes was funny. I mean how would you really get that off in a fight? A lot of the throws looked like parlor tricks to me as well. I have some limited experience in akido and I know that when you flip like that you are going with the throw. Not to say thats a bad thing. Going with the throw is better than getting a broken arm or dislocated shoulder, but at the same time in a real fight type situation there would be counters and resistance. Unless you actually felt like tumbling a lot and wearing yourself out.

A few months ago I watched this documentary on TV about martial arts. A lot of it was crap. They had the combat ki guys on there (which always cracks me up) but when they got to the japanese martial arts I was really impressed. The okinawan systems on their looked real good, and their techniques were pretty lagit looking. Then they showed one of the last ninjitsu schools in japan. It was a private school that you had to be chosed to attend. The current top student there was a guy from the UK. I do not remember names at all (I'm bad w/ names sometimes) sorry. It looked cool and the teacher there definately had lots of energy behind his techniques.

I would say this fight was probably scripted or at the very least watered down.

I did go to AK's website and read some things. I found this to be very funny.

http://ashidakim.com/temple2001.html
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

..oh and this was great too, and interview with AK:
    Will you prescribe a workout for me?

Ashida Kim replies: "People who ask this question are generally looking for some 'standard exercise program', but I don't do that. Any exercise is good and one must tailor the workout to the mission. If I were in the Ring, for instance, I'd have to regulate my diet and do a lot of running for stamina. When I'm a bouncer, I practice drinking and smoking. The trick with such things is not to get 'locked in' and think you 'must' do thus and so all the time. Workouts grow, evolve, change with time. That is also a reflection of how you are growing, learning, etc. I am often asked 'where to begin.' I always answer the same way, 'with a single step.' Choose that which interests you, start with that. It will lead to all the rest. Eventually, you will be where you started and you can make that take as long as you want. Unlike other teachers, I will not require that you conform to some imaginary pattern that is subject to change at any moment. Do what you are doing, do what you think is right, that is the Path. As for advice on how to proceed, it is simple, Be Kind. Live in harmony with nature. As for training, practice what interests you, don't get locked into a specific workout, let yourself grow and change and become the best person you can be."
    Drinking and smoking as part of the work out huh? Being a ninja does rule!
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

Originally posted by Mat

c'mon, we know you will let any kunoichi, or any seemingly female organism for that matter, into your underpants.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

kombat ki

Saw that video on combat ki. My mom just went throught the whole breast cancer thing, and I couldn’t believe that in this modern day, people still would allow some idiot teacher to kick them straight in the breasts (for woman). Wonder if that guy will allow me to kick him full blast in his n#ts?

The nimpo on that video is pretty cool too.

Real martial arts shouldn’t be bad for your body.