Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Samurai continues...revised....

Last Samurai continues...revised....

I challenge rubthebuddha to find ONE racial insult in this post you just erased! You said stop with the racial insult and I did.

And why erase my post and not the others who are just as insulting. Do I say something you don't like or fear?

I see a pattern here. You make a ridiculous claim, it is refuted by facts, you ignore those facts and repeat said claim. Very logical.
    I refuted everyone of your ignorant facts, to the point of you saying how I see something from nothing. On the other hand you ignore the facts that a movie like The Last Samurai is insulting, as though you even have the right to tell people what can or cannot be insulting to them.

So you admit you are a racist?
    I am racist to people who act the same towards me. Do you really expect me to take it quietly, like the stereotypical asians.

If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem, by denying and passively accepting stereotypes. Something African Americans has professed along their struggle

i said stop with the racial talk AND personal insults. you and several others ignored the latter, so i closed the thread. you started a fresh one with the same insulting comments, so i deleted it. it's not a difficult concept. if you have personal issues with other forum members, deal with them somewhere else. as i've said three or four times in the last day, personal insults will not be tolerated. period. take your derogatory discussion somewhere else.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Sure I can play nice and diplomatic, but it is a standard you should apply to ALL memebers not just the ones you disagree with; if indeed you do disagree with me. And others were just as insulting.

I personally saw a lot more insults with people thumping their chest and challenging each other to a UFC matches, like children in a playground.
    Last edited by Tit Sa; 05-11-2004 at 11:47 AM.

In which way was "The Last Samurai" racist? I just watched the movie for the first time over the weekend and thought it was a good film.

tick....tick....tick....tick....tick....tick....
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

brothernumber9-

It is subtle and you can almost dismiss it as innocent, if your not asian you will probably not even notice. But when you think about other movies you will begin to see a pattern. I would like to stress not every movie but in a majority of cases.

We had a whole 5pgs. of words, some very insulting and said by me, but if playing nice is what will get people to listen, sure I can be the Dr. King as opposed to the Malcolm X.

You can go back and look at the Last Samurai awesome DVD thread.

I have to go now, places to go, things to see, people to meet....
    Last edited by Tit Sa; 05-11-2004 at 11:56 AM.

which thread was it ? assuming it wasn't deleted or too old.

the movie is fine. Tit Sa is convinced that it's some sort of conspiracy against asians when it turns out it is just a movie, period.
    When your paranoid or fanatical, you can read whatever you want into just about anything. Tit Sa is apparently convinced that Jews, want to keep the Asian man down, by putting out films making him look small and helpless unless he is helped by the white man (Tom Cruise by the way is not a Jew).

tit sa -- you're missing the point of my closing threads:

do NOT insult other users.

after my warning, only TWO people continued this behavior. one i defeated soundly in a match of armwrestling, causing him to concede to my enlightened and correct opinion; the other was you. since you're not within arms reach, i had hoped you'd get the hint that, by doing something that irks the moderators, provokes warnings and gets your threads deleted, perhaps you shouldn't do it.

the mods are not inaccessible. if you have questions or problems, pm or e-mail us. if you have problems with other users, either settle it with them in private or let it go. if you have problems with concepts, ideas, behaviors, etc., then use the forum -- that's what it's here for. happy, joyous discussion of all that is martial, or whatever else reasonable stuff comes up. like whatever in this world ****es off CSN.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Saw it over the weekend... I like VAN HELSING better . . .

Tom Cruise and Kevin Cosner should team up and do a freddy vs. Jason type of flick called.

Dancing with the Last Samurai

red5angel-

Iam convinced by the pattern I see. And for your info. not only me who thought Last Samurai was insulting. Other people too.

30 years ago you would probably be the one saying I saw David Carradine in Kungfu...it is fine.

To be honest with you I really wish I didn't see such a pattern. I wish asian males are portrayed with the same characteristics as "white" heroes; but the examples are such that they are few. When the majority are stereotyped.

personally, I'm tired of watching movies portray white society as having no moral compass or sense of community. Kevin Costner and Tom Cruise should be ashamed of themselves for starring in and promoting movies where a white male, finding his own life and society empty, has to turn to a completely different culture to find meaning.

This is a blatant effort on the part of Hollywood to portray non-white culture as inherently more moral and worthy of praise. Look at the noble Japanese and Dakota cultures! Now THERE is something worth fighting for!

The continuing insinuation that white men and white society are morally inferior is quite sickening.

Obvious racism.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

No no no . . .

the movie's really about life as an alcoholic

Isn't it funny how a disillusioned white man can become a Prince in a society that is as rigid, unflexible as the caste system was in feudal Japan.

Isn't it funny how it's white society and values that are portrayed as corrupting, whereas the values of Japan were so powerful and noble they turned somebody's empty life around?
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli