Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: worst atkins story you've heard

worst atkins story you've heard

i'll start. roommate told me tonight as i downed my protein shake tonight that his co-worker, who is rather large to begin with, had a protein shake for lunch every day -- and mixes it with half-&-half instead of water or milk.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

What's half-&-half?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

I've heard that when I start (ketogenic diet, not Atkins), I won't be allowed to eat potato chips or chocolate .

Oh yeah, what Serpent said.

it's just the sugar that's nopt such a great idea...fat ( providing you work your handles...is no biggie )

anyway...also have been doing keto plan for long long time...here in China a protein shake is a foreign concept, so searching for different sources available locally...spoke to my schools pe teacher......turtle...he reckons we should eat freakin turtle .......

apparently more than 10 x protein of eggs??? can't f*ck with that logic but forgive me 'cause I plan to do it and enjoy the respective health....

go figure....oh and while we're talking exotic meats...donkey will make you live long time!!! MM hmm...tastes like corned beef...

crazy long living make-do-with-what's available folks...

Buhdd...try your shakes with goats milk and cows' milk....restore your viscous and speed upu yuor metabolism...little strong flavoured and takes a bit of getting used to but worth the effort

HALF & HALF

I think he means half and half CREAM! THAT'S SICK!

Crazy Atkins story? How about Dr. Atkins was a 240-lb fat @ss when he fell off that ladder and killed himself.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

First of all, Dr Atkins didn't fall off a ladder. He slipped on some ice in front of his building. The man is a legend, he was in his 70's and played tennis 4 days a week while running a billion-dollar company. As far as him being 240lbs, that is not really true. He bloated up in the hospital before he died and that's what the media used to describe his weight. It was due to the accident and the drugs they had him on (before his death). The man's everyday weight was 195lbs and that was verifyed by anyone who really bothered to check. Atkins was the man!! I live by his way of eating and never felt better; been doing it for a few years now.

hey

Jared, is that you?

Re: HALF & HALF

Originally posted by Spark
    I think he means half and half CREAM! THAT'S SICK!
    Agreed.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

half-&-half is half milk, half cream.

bl -- the purpose of my protein supplementation is to supplement protein. i get enough of other foods throughout the day.

except pocky. one can never get enough pocky.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    ...turtle...he reckons we should eat freakin turtle ...

apparently more than 10 x protein of eggs??? can't f*ck with that logic but forgive me 'cause I plan to do it and enjoy the respective health...
    While I can't find a figure, I'll say at a guess that he's full of ****. So yeah, I will **** with that logic. Eggs contain around 11-12% protein IIRC. So turtle contains 110% protein? Most high quality lean meats are around the 25% mark, including muscular animals like kangaroo and emu (and probably other stuff like venison and crocodile). I'd say turtle would be in the same range. If he'd said 2 x protein of eggs, or even 3 x protein of eggs I would've been more inclined to believe him.

BTW U.S. guys, kangaroo is considered pet food over here instead of gourmet meat. As a result, price == very cheap compared with beef, lamb, pork. Good quality meat, very lean and quite tasty .

Oh yeah, Rub, for us non-U.S. guys, what's pocky?

Toby, maybe that guy meant that they have 10 times the amount of protein. Like an egg has 9g of protein, so maybe a turtle has 90g. Wow, turtles aren't that big, are they? Maybe he meant those huge swimming turtles.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Iron, that's meaningless. You've gotta talk in %. E.g. I could eat 200ml of egg white (which I do each morning - yuk!) and get 20-something grams of protein. OTOH I could eat a teaspoon of turtle and get 1g of protein. So unless he said "400g of turtle has more than 10x the protein of 1 egg", it's gonna be crap. IMHO it's just another vague BL statistic pulled from her ass (Hi, BL! ).

The topic of eating turtles is a whole other thing. Turtles are just one of those things I wouldn't ever eat unless they were farmed for it. Especially sea turtle. I also wouldn't take any TCM that involved e.g. tiger *****, bear paw, etc, etc. OTOH I will eat venison, kangaroo, emu, crocodile, etc. But not endangered stuff.

Mmm, pocky.

the advice you probably won't get elsewhere........

now you're feeling me because until 1-2 mths ago i was a serious vego!!...but if you're out in the midle of nowhere and have no western pc choices available...are you gonna take the health or are you you going oto hang on to your precious pre-coceived standards ofacceptability...do you want the health or dont you???

the figures on turlte may be a little off, but truly...olympic athletes here lived and ( i'm assuming ) still do on turtle as a huge and reliable source of protein...

also at present doing 1st thing am egg whites....try throwing 4-ish in some milk and shaking the sh*t out of it...makes it just a little easier to down

buhdd..if you're only in the bars for protein, there are much more efficient sources...often, the sugar, fat and complex carb just isn't worth the few grams of protein you get...try some lightly batterd fish..even fried is ok...or milk and egg whites as above...several boiled egg-whites with no more than one yellow....a shake is optimum, but watch your carbs..in weight-loss is one of the most important factors...even to the point whre you can get away with minimal excercise...get seroious already...give yourself one month on such a programme ( say..it's just 4 wks...just 4 wks)...and by the end you'll've either lost sopmuch weight hat you're happy to continue comfortabley, or will be feeling so deprived that you go directly for a big-mac..triple beef , + fries, a shake and an apple pie...if you do this...please treat yourself to a laxitive...I am not embarresed to admit, that they are are a regular part of my diet...once you understand them and howto make best best use of them, high doses...as in 9, 11, 13 & 17 several times a day for several times a wekk...are part of grweat health...don't forget your fluids though, and unxderstand what activates them...Ie sugars...equal, jelly, fats..etc... soon you will have pooping down to a fine art

it doesn't sound attractive but everyone does it and it a direct measure ofhealth...feel free not to comment,buut check it out 'cauase you'll never look back....I like ford senna or liu cha and skinny tea???

be preapered to put in committment...if you can deal withthe cramps of cleansing ...the rest takes care of it self and pretty soon you'll shed lb sand rip easily .......fluids andsalts...potassium andprotein,,,fats and sugars, hot and cold....

anyone do this for 2 wks...and tell me you don't feel seriously effective....

bl