Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: White Eyeborw

I can't see the vid

Yeah, video no workeo
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Originally posted by EarthDragon
    Go Jun Long
    , point taken. I also have had some truth descrepancies in my system of 8 step mantis so I am familiar with freudulant teachings. As well as claims that may not always be %100 accurate.

Fred sanford,
    I dont think you read that website correctly. It has a symbol saying KO WU TAO KWOON which is chinese not korean Tae Kwon Do. I believe you are confused and do not have a good interperateation of the chinese language.

Perhaps you can log back onto the site and re-read it. take care ED
    The name is in Chinese, the Tae Kwon Do is still Korean. Read the Tae Kwon Do section.

I studied Bak Mei on the side for two years and change while studying Hung Gar and Wing Chun.

The Chik Pu form from Bak Mei is the only form that I have bothered to remember ... probbaly because its the only one I've learned in all these years that hit home: short and sweet and powerful.

Now I go back and add Hsing-I principles to it and it becomes more alive. The stepping in that form is Chicken Stepping, but I wasn't taught the proper mechanics. Maybe he didn't know, or maybe he didn't say. Also, a lot of the moves, now that I see how they should be powered (combining chicken stepping with Bear (back/shoulder/elbow power), come alive. Pretty viscious stuff.

Also important to note: it also uses the doubling up of forearms and hands to block, just like Taiji, Hsing-I and Ba Gua. Of all the self-proclaimed "Internal/External" arts, this was one that I could actually believe. There's something there, to me.
    Last edited by Ray Pina; 02-25-2004 at 11:20 AM.

Ko Wu Tao Kwoon

I have no idea what the "Ko" is supposed to mean, but "Wu Tao" is sort of mandarin dialenct for "martial way". This is the first give away, Tao aka "Do" is NOT used this way in Chinese. We have Bruce Lee to thank for this sort of "thinking"

Now, "kwoon", hate to tell you guys this, but "kwoon" is CANTONESE

Mixing two different dialects in your name? yeah, real "traditional"
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

let's visit the home page at http://www.komudokwan.com/

QUOTE:

"This "Kwan" is patterned after the famous Jing Wu Athletic Association and its vast Gymnasium in Shanghai, China established in 1919. This famous Jing Wu School is still maintained in Shanghai today with a branch in old Futshan, now called Foshan in Mandarin (Guangdong Province) which was established in 1921 and currently maintains a large training hall today. There are other branches of the Jing Wu throughout Mainland China and other asian countries.

So what does the name, Ko Mu Do Kwan literally translate to?

Ko (Korean meaning is heaven, sky, ever-expanding, open-mind), (Chinese meaning is tall or very high up. Another Chinese meaning is old, ancient, traditional, or classic); Mu or Moo (Korean meaning is martial art or military-like), (Chinese equivalent is Wu or Woo which again means martial art); Do (Korean meaning is way, art, method or path), (Chinese equivalent is Tao or dao which also means way, path, art, or method); Kwan (Korean meaning is school or institution), Chinese equivalent is Kwoon which means school or training gym)."

END QUOTE

Yeah, makes perfect sense

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Question

Go Jun Long,

Ok let me get this straight now...

Zhoung Luo, who claims lineage from your Sigung Lao Xu Luang, who is from China, and who teaches so-called Futshan Bak Mei, does not practice TRUE ORIGINAL Futshan Bak Mei...correct??? And you have never played hands, sparred, or fought with him...correct???

Eddie Chong, who claims lineage from your Sifu Li Yang Jian, who also claims Wing Chun lineage, who firstly taught you Bak Mei, and who teaches so-called Futshan Bak Mei, does not practice TRUE ORIGINAL Futshan Bak Mei...correct??? And you have never played hands, sparred, or fought with him...correct???

Both of these individuals, "are completely wrong" as you put it...correct?

But you, you practice the TRUE ORIGINAL ULTRA SECRETIVE Futshan Bak Mei...correct???

And furthermore, now, it is believed that the ORIGINAL Bak Mei is from Guangxi Province...correct???

And lastly, your Sigung, claims lineage to the Bak Mei monk via Kwong Wai's disciple??? Nonetheless just like CLC does???............CORRECT????

wait...wait....AND

"The US will shortly be enlightened about true Futshan Bak Mei, and it is going to hit big!" ...Correct?

The head instructor, "Ko" is his name? Sounds like he shortened something to sound "Asian".... anyway his picture is here http://www.komudokwan.com/images/masterkp.jpg

lists his credentials as

"Instructor's Black Sash in Bai Mei Quan (White Eyebrow Fist) Gung Fu from the Fushan Shaolin Bai Mei Quan."

Why all the Mandarin? FahtSan is southern China, they speak Cantonese

And black sash huh? Oh well,,,,

and "Shaolin Bak Mei" ok, if you say so

Here we go, his SON seems to have a different last name, why it is "Coconis"! Drop the "conis" and what do we have, hmmmmm?

So, "Master Ko" is really Mr Coconis, with the last name shortened to sound Asian

First read this: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...ipai/message/2

You all read entirely too much into names. My name is Coconis, my Chinese given name is Go Jun Long, from my family in Foshan. The Ko Mu Do Kwan or Ko(Go) Wu Tao Kwoon is the Chinese equivalent. At the school more than just Chinese arts are taught. For the Korean side, Which I no longer study, is Ko Mu Do Kwan, for the Chinese side it is Ko Wu Tao Kwoon. Why is this so hard to figure out? My father changed his name about 10 years ago for his own reasons. I descided not to, and kept my given name.
    Tao Yin, These other two schools learned from Foshan China, under the same lineage and me. Sifu Li Yang Jian and everyone in Foshan that has seen them and there work knows it is not true and is incorrect. I learned and am still learning it correctly, and I am Sifu's only disciple. He has many students but right now only one disciple, so yes I do it correctly.
    Pacific Eskrima Academy
    Tacosa Cadena Eskrima

www.tacosa.com
    www.komudokwan.com/escrima.html

Futshan Bak Mei Pai Disciple of Sifu Li Yang Jian of Foshan China under Lau Xiu Luang Lineage, Buddhist Bak Mei!
    www.komudokwan.com/FutshanBakmeiPai.htm

Dude, you've been caught in your own BS

try and side step all day long, you mixed TWO DIFFERENT DIALECTS in your name, how "traditional" and "authentic" does that make you? You have "family" in Faht Saan? So do you SPEAK Cantonese?

For a guy who doesn't do Korean martial art anymore, sure are a hell of a lot of pics of you in that nice white dobook on that site...

A site that looks like the poster child for McDojos

Obviously, your dad changed his name to try and sound like an Asian master

People who live in glass housese, or McDojo web sites, really need not come on here tossing rocks. You WILL get called on it

Learning Mandarine not Cantonese (for now). By the way, they speak both Cantonese and Mandarine, but you surely already knew that. I mixed up the dialects, I am sorry, I am learnign the language, not a master speaker as of yet.
    Pacific Eskrima Academy
    Tacosa Cadena Eskrima

www.tacosa.com

Futshan Bak Mei Pai Disciple of Sifu Li Yang Jian of Foshan China under Lau Xiu Luang Lineage, Buddhist Bak Mei!

By the way, while trying to be Mr know-it-all about White Eyebrow it might be helpful for you to know that O-Mei Shan is NOT in Guangxi....

Thanks for the news flash!
    Pacific Eskrima Academy
    Tacosa Cadena Eskrima

www.tacosa.com

you really are too stupid to live, your own crap web site says it is in Guangxi, so maybe you should change it....