Thread: next time you watch ong bak...

next time you watch ong bak...

i was watching the matrix tonight and was thinking about how directors hide stuff in the background. for example, the matrix reloaded has a bunch of stuff in the back--the word "steak" is on a buildboard and "steak" is a code word on the matrix website. also, the word "one" is stylized to look like the "coke" logo in the backround where neo talks to the oracle and starts the burly brawl. finally the number "101" is the number of the highway and is prominent on a door in I believe the merovingian scene (101 is neo's number according to the matrix revisited).

anyway, the point is that last year around this time i was lucky enough to see Ong Bak at a theater in thailand and noticed that in one of the alley chase scenes it says something like "let's do it together mr. spielberg". watch for it next time you see the movie. also, feel free to correct the quote if i didn't remember it quite right.

-wangsizhong

for further matrix references, as sevenstar pointed out to me, several of the license plates in the reloaded car chase scene were biblical references. check out some matrix forums for more info.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Everything means everything

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.