Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Man owns himself with samurai sword (vid)

Originally posted by truewrestler
    omg! That fall was horrible!
    That's exactly what I thought heh

Now that's funny.

See what you get with cheap samurai swords? Here's our new cheap samurai sword - it is an aluminum blade, but it shouldn't snap like that. That must have been straight up pot metal...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

They just set the atomic clock by the interval between this thread being posted and Gene's plug.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Gene, it says on the side, 440 Stainless Steel. They are punch pressed, and that pretty much is what happens when hit against a strong, resisting object. Those are for decoration/wall mounting, not training.
    I have a signature.

I have a few 440 Stainless blades, that I beat the snot out of with out a problem. These were less than 440. Maybe it was freakishly defective, I don't know. I wouldn't trust them in a sword against sword, especially if the other sword was ATS 34, or 1095, or something, but still 440 is not all that bad.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Royal Dragon, it says on the video that it is a 440 stainless steel. Funny part is that there was a life time warranty for it. 440 and 420 are known for there shattering. Not all do it, but alot do. My friend has one that he beats the crap out of, and it won't break. I've seen one, virtual identical, break. I also saw one, the blade broke off the handle (the pegs on the inside broke) and the blade itself shot out, but did not break. You could of picked it up and put it back in the handle and fixed it.
    I have a signature.

He should have bought a sword from here:

http://www.thesteelsource.com/html/hanweiorchid.htm

LOL that was the funniest thing ever...guys I know it is obvious but I just wanted to double check...was that for real or was it a joke can someone please tell me? thanks.
    Veni Vidi Vici

where's my beer?

Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

LOL, those are good clips..

I found one that I'll post next week...

It has been around for a while, but it is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. It is out of Oregon, an exploding whale.... I almost pizzed myself.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

LoL at twit on bike!

So what was the nice thing about those katana blades? He never finished telling us...
    Veni Vidi Vici

Originally posted by PHILBERT
    I also saw one, the blade broke off the handle (the pegs on the inside broke) and the blade itself shot out, but did not break. You could of picked it up and put it back in the handle and fixed it.
    ^ That's dangerous. I heard about some kid or something who was impaled at a tournament by a sword that broke and the blade flew out. It wasn't even a sharp sword. I think they said the kid died.

twit on bike
    omg!!! At first I thought his face hit the bricks, but I think his face may have actually landed in the grass or plants behind the bricks, so that's not quite as bad, unless there were spikey plants or something back there. Ouch!
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Sad But True

I wish I could've gotten it on vid, but this is still a good one. I had a friend who was a legend in his own mind. He spent more time talking about how hard he used to train than actually training. He was spinning a combat steel, surgically sharp katana. As he was showing off for the local pre-teens and enjoying their looks of awe, he drops the sword. It falls straight back on him, and pierces his side. It almost took out his liver. He ended up with a bunch of stitches, and one hell of a scar. It cut the shiat out of his obliques and such. It is true, God watches over the stupid.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com