Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: KUNG FU HUSTLE - Stephen Chow's latest Kung Fu Flick

It was a great movie. It even inspired me to change my avatar!
    http://www.myshoots.com/userprofile.php?user=chris

Stephen Chow and Tony Ja are the only interesting guys in KF flicks right now. Of course, New Police Story was pretty good but so DARK...

Originally posted by shaolinboxer
    Stephen Chow and Tony Ja are the only interesting guys in KF flicks right now. Of course, New Police Story was pretty good but so DARK...
    yeah with the young hip criminals. sometimes those young hip cool criminals make me laugh, cause they are all into extreme sports and such. like the cops in gen x cops and such. jeeze. i guess in hk they eat that stuff up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I liked it for it's darkness

NEW POLICE STORY was quite a reinvention of Jackie Chan's character, a real break from the Kung Fu clown he's been portraying in the US. Quite daring really. I was delighted to see Jackie pull it off, frankly. People tend to underestimate him and stereotype him, mostly because he's done some really cheesy stuff, especially lately. But I've been following Jackie's career for almost 30 years now, so for me, NPS was a definate milestone.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

HK bad guys sometimes seem like the "punks" they put in B films in the early 90s/late 80s and such..

I have watched more Jackie Chan films than I'd like to admit, and I'd put NPS up there with the best of them, and a definite return to the ol' school.... with ropes.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

oh its definetly dark and a good movie and brings back the old jackie chan. but i always find the bad guys funny for some reason. in hk it seems the last couple years with young hero's/villians is that they have to be cool and hip. so they make them all into extreme sports or dress hip and stuff. they jsut cant be "normal" it seems over done. . but yeah I have seen a lot of jacki chan stuff too and this is definetly the best thing he has done in a couple years. but i also liked shanghai nights and the rush hour series :X. i need to go buy twin dragons, i remember that being pretty good.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

back OT

I just got a call from Sony Pictures. They're working on releasing Kung Fu Hustle in March. That's a lot faster than I thought.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Re: back OT

Originally posted by GeneChing
    I just got a call from Sony Pictures. They're working on releasing Kung Fu Hustle in March. That's a lot faster than I thought.
    http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808617679

March 18 (limited)

NOOO!! not limited release, they need to do nationwide...I bet it would be a hit then
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

You'd lose that bet

Look at the history of subtitled films in national release. Sadly, America isn't a nation of readers and I don't think Sony Pictures Classics will dub this. At least I hope not.

Now I also realize why it's been so hard to get a DVD for resale at MartialArtsMart - I've had my eye on KFH for a long time hoping to bring it here like we did for Hero and are doing for New Police Story.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

isnt KFH out on dvd in china by now? i mean, I bought andy lau's movie "A world without thieves" on dvd in china, and it was still out in the thearters in china.

It's out on VCD and DVD...

...but those are region 3 platform. We only deal in region 1 (USA) or universal platform DVDs. Also we don't deal in bootlegs. Official product only. You may pay a little more, but the production quality is generally far superior, and the earnings go to the rightful recipients.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

my fortune cookie jsut said "be confident in your own lovability" so i guess it means i have to push more buttons!!!!
    werd, ill pick it up off you guys if you get one in.

Thanks for the support, SLL...

...but if Sony Classic Pictures is going to release it stateside that soon, they'll probably clamp down on HK uni-platform DVDs and it'll go straight to US DVD distribution. In which case, we won't carry it. We generally don't carry DVDs in regular release which explains why we don't carry Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, or even Enter the Dragon. You can find that stuff at Blockbuster so it's not worth it for us to try to compete there.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Re: Thanks for the support, SLL...

Originally posted by GeneChing
    ...but if Sony Classic Pictures is going to release it stateside that soon, they'll probably clamp down on HK uni-platform DVDs and it'll go straight to US DVD distribution. In which case, we won't carry it. We generally don't carry DVDs in regular release which explains why we don't carry Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, or even Enter the Dragon. You can find that stuff at Blockbuster so it's not worth it for us to try to compete there.
    well get those uni dvd's quick then .. blockbuster..... i'm not a member