View Poll Results: Do you drink tea?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • I enjoy nothing more than a fine tea before/after class.

15 83.33%
  • Only pussies drink tea, NOW GET ME A BEER!

3 16.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The effects of tea on the Shaolin Student.

We're a little spoiled for tea out here

In our area, we actually have tea specialty stores - stores that just sell tea. After my last trip to Shaolin, I was so spoiled for tea. Many buddhist monks cultivate tea as a buddhist practice, so I was drinking some amazing teas. When I got back, I was so determined to get my tea drinking area set up - I've got this rock garden I've been working on - but it turned too cold, so I'm putting it off until the spring. So I've been lazy and not taking advantage of some of the great tea resources we have here locally.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

****it your so lucky

I have a Mcflurry right before class and an iced coffee immediately after. sometimes i eat a chicken parm during the mid class break

I have a Mcflurry right before class and an iced coffee immediately after. sometimes i eat a chicken parm during the mid class break

Dear Mr. ninja:

Way to up the post count!

Duplicitously yours,

dimmakseminar

Dear dimmakseminar:

I enjoy your choice of words in every post. I'm learning quite a few things.

Dictionarisouness.comisly yours,

KWUsCRD

I'm English. Tea is my cultural heritage.

For the record, Monks have also been spotted drinking baijio faster than I can drink Coke.

</troll>

I never got a boost from drinking tea, but I do love it. Being from the south, iced tea was a big thing growing up, so when i got older I just started trying different teas, hot and cold. I got into chinese tea when I first went to a good chinese restaurant. they brought tea with the meal. I asked one of my friends and they said it was green tea so that's when I started buying that. I never did find a tea that tasted similar to that restaurants, and so I finally did the smart thing and asked the waitress. Turns out it's oolong tea.

So, that's how I started getting several brands of green/white tea and oolong. I also get herbal teas from Yogi teas, which are awesome tasting and have some pretty high powered herbs in them.

Some of the guys drink oolong tea or green tea before class and we make it for guests that come to the school, but I prefer red bull. YEAH!

Unhappy

Need tea........ extremly tired of seeing poeple downing my addictor.

It relaxes you get the blood pupmping it's up to you to be energized.
    Style is only defined by the limitations of a system of fighting and defending. So when in medatation ask yourself not "what are the weaknesses of thine enemy" but rather so what are your own weaknesses

hello all

I enjoy tea every morning and most nights

In califonia, if you can, go to any peets coffee and tea. they have an excellent selection of various teas.

dragon well (lung ching) has a buttery slightly nutty flavor with a hint of a bitter aftertaste

gunpowder is a nice tea with a rich smokey flavor

jasmine pearls is very refreshing and is hand rolled, this really packs a nice flavor of the flower

hubei silver tip is a mild sipping tea, I have not drank to much of this one, good tea just not my cup.

ti kwan yin is a nice oolong tea - it has a flavor like a mild citrus fruit

and golden dragon oloong is by far my favorite of the oolongs, flowery and lite fruit, sweet, nice with honey..

peace see you at peets
    manhatan beach or santa monica
    some times pasadena
    Bryan Davis

in china they seemed to make tea out of everything.

the tea ceremony is a trip if you ever have the opportunity to have one take it. in beijing in our hotel we went to one. it was right next to a freakin' bowling alley, and all the karaoke rooms. we pulled a major no-no and got the serving chick involved- she had a blast but the maitre d' wasn't so psyched- at first she was very reluctant to do the tea shots with us, and we freaked when she poured the hot water over everything. then she was like, who cares we were just barbarians anyway. the other people on the trip thought we were boozing it up but it was just tea. it did make us happy though and we had a great view of the karaoke rooms.

I brought back wads of these little flowers that they would put in mason jars and and add hot water to. Crysanthemums or something. Maybe it isn't even tea.

Anyway I made some for my grandma who came to visit us and as she's sipping it she goes, "Oh."

I was like, "Oh?" What kind of reaction is that...she didn't take another sip. So after she left the table I looked in her cup, and there was a snail floating in the water. I felt bad for him, so I drank it.

We sell a tea at the temple that is pretty **** good- genmai cha. Brown puffed rice tea. Sometimes people who visit look at it to buy, but when they see the swastika for some reason they put it back.

There is a really awesome korean pottery site that sells these amazing tea cups with strainers.

http://www.korean-arts.com/tea_ware/...n_tea_ware.htm

I highly reccomend their products. I have quite the collection of them as they always make new designs year to year.

I forgot to vote.

BEER.

Chimay, grande reserve.

Chimay....yum

...but i"m a Guinness man.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Dear Mr. KWUsCRD:

Thank you for your benignant words! It is most gratifying to know that one has helped their fellow man in their search for truth and knowledge.

As for the tea, I enjoy a good kudzu tea now and again. I didn't prefer it at first, but it has really grown on me.

Cultivatingly yours,

dimmakseminar

Originally posted by dimmakseminar

As for the tea, I enjoy a good kudzu tea now and again. I didn't prefer it at first, but it has really grown on me.

Cultivatingly yours,

dimmakseminar
    You didn't preferred it to what? I think you need a year-long subscription to Hooked on Phonics or a pair of Speak and Spell orthopedic tennis shoes?