View Poll Results: Do you drink tea?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • I enjoy nothing more than a fine tea before/after class.

15 83.33%
  • Only pussies drink tea, NOW GET ME A BEER!

3 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The effects of tea on the Shaolin Student.

The effects of tea on the Shaolin Student.

First off id like to say hello to everyone out there. I am knew to the forums, and look forward to discussing and further expanding my knowledge of Shaolin. I have been studying for about 4 months now and i love every bit of it. Im 16 and im a soph in high school.

Now on to the discussion!

Im an avid tea drinker. My favorite especially is Green tea. I found out that when i drink a cup or two 1-3 hours before i go to Shaolin, i have more energy and my stamina increases greatly. I dont get as tired during the warm up and kicking exercises and my focus as well as over all performance is much better. Does anyone know why this happens? Is it just the caffine in the tea?
    Are there any other kinds of tea out there that could perhaps provide the same qualities?

also, im looking for a good tea that i can relax to after a rough class or stressful day. Jasmine is very enjoyable, but im open to different kinds.

Thanks for your time.

-Joe

i usually drink water. but tea is good. i cant drink too much of it. nothing wrong with 1 beer every now and then. but not after class

i drink a cup of green tea every morning before school...and every night after dinner. it calms me down, makes me feel situated. it gives me energy, but at the same time calms me down. and if i have class, i drink a smaller cup so it isnt in my stomach when im doing drills. but green tea cures bad breath, and reduces the chances of a lot of diseases...keep drinking tea!
    "I ain't no perfect man, im trying to do the best that i can, with what it is i have" - Mos Def(Umi Says)

"The best way to learn a style, is to invent one" -Myself

I love tea. I love beer.

I drink tea almost every day. Many of the monks cultivate tea as a buddhist practice. Tea is good. BTW, did you see this - Shaolin Tea - it doesn't look like we are going to continue to carry Shaolin tea, so if you're not planning on going to Shaolin, this maybe your last chance.

As for beer, I don't drink it everyday. I did for a while when I was trying to gain some weight. Unfortunately it worked to well and the weight was gained in all the wrong places. But I still enjoy my beer, so I didn't know how to vote.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

it doesn't look like we are going to continue to carry Shaolin tea
    I really like that shaolin tea.. it's pretty good, not my absolute fav.. but darn good. I just got a large container.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Dear Mr. Friendless Tool:

It is my inherent understanding that many a student enjoys tea, and some enjoy the variety of tea that is not dipped in water, but yet is still imbibed. This "special tea" is thought to have great medicinal properties, although many governments around the world refuse to recognize this as fact. In fact, I would go as far as to guess that some individuals may partake of this special tea after class and on their way to whatever transit whisks them home in the dead of a cold winter night!

I also believe that drinking tea before class can lead to problems with one's inner dirigible, thus causing uneccessary breaks from training to see a man about a horse.

Sincerely,

dimmakseminar

LOLO Weirdo!

i like that Shaolin tea too...

...not so much for the taste but for the cool canisters. It's too much trouble to import food items and that tea comes under a special food tariff, so it's not worth it for us to import it.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Dear Mr. GeneChing:

WAIT! Are you saying you like "special tea"? If so, that is a most mind alterating admission!

Sincerely,

dimmakseminar

I love the canister, but it is better than the last tea I had so maybe thats why I've been enjoying it. GLW recommended a good tea this weekend that I can't remember the name of.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

What about Ginseng Tea?

anyone have an idea on what effect that has?

Originally posted by Friendless Tool
    What about Ginseng Tea?

anyone have an idea on what effect that has?
    ginsing isnt good to drink everyday ive been told. especially if you take some type of medications.

if you want real nice chinese tea, go to your local asian market, dont but the "herbal" or "green" tea from the major supermarket chains. that is all processed junk.

Thats interesting

a while ago my mom picked up some Lipton Green Tea.

best tasting ive had so far
    prolly cause it was artifically flavored

however im sure there are healthier alternatives out there.

Go to your local asian market, and check out there selection....
    practice wu de

Talking

Will do