Well, I guess you would have to just train TC and WC to get what I am saying. Learning another martial Art with WC will definately benefit your WC. It will give you a different aspect of WC, it will also not make you an elitist. A lot of times I have heard people say that a certain style of Martial Arts is superior over another. Don't get me wrong WC is a wonderful Martial Art, and I think WC has more strong points, than weak ones. Self defense, and the ability to fight are the basics of what you receieve from martial arts.

To answer Jim, no my WC is more internal than external. My sifu will show us the external side of WC sometimes. He will also teach us what he has seen in different WC systems. For example if you watch any of Augustine Fong's videos you will see his fighting stance is back weighted just a bit. We train completely 50/50 in all our stances. I may have knowledge of some differences in different styles of WC, however I don't necessarily train them. I also agree with you on that Taiji is an abused art, but so is WC. So are a lot of systems. A lot of people believe that Qigong is a load of crap. I have heard people say Akido is the best MA of all time, etc etc. Apples and oragnes if you ask me.

I guess the first and most obvious benefit I get from Taiji and WC, is that its simply more knowledge I am gaining. Now I don't only spar using WC, I don't always think strictly WC, my grappling has been improved, along with my foot work.

However, I have gotten a bit off subject here. It is better to train internal power over external power imo. Internal will take longer but there is less stress on your body. You can train to iron palm, fist, and finger techniques and make your fists and fingers as hard as stone. Its kind of painful and unnecessary, because you can achieve the same power with short release. Plus tension is your worst enemy, you should learn that from chi sao. However, I also believe its good to know the external side, and to be able to tell the difference.