Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ichi the Killer

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Yuen Woping really phoned in the coreography for Kill Bill which was wooden and uninspired even next to Charlies Angels (and certainly compared to the Matrix).

The actors selected for Kill Bill, without fail, looked clumsy when doing action sequences. And I just don't buy the killer schoolgirl schtick.

I don't know...

I think it's telling that the best part of Kill Bill was the cartoon... as, in reality, what Quentin Tarantino tried to do was make a live-action anime.

And it sucked just as bad as any other live-action anime made to date.

In other news, I'm amped for the new Dragonball movie!

But, in light of my previous statements I'm not expecting high cinema.
    i dont know about phoned in. as someone whose done choreagraphy for both the screen and stage, i can tell you first hand that you have to work with what you got. plus there were all sorts of other problems on that set, according to alot of cast members qt was heavily involved with chorey why i have no ****ing idea. but whatever. i think your being cynical in your judgement of the film. i think it was a good peice of cinema very well written, the action was ok, the samurai stuff was great, vould watch that all day. the kung fu stuff was blah and looked rush and if you read carradines diary on the subject, ir was pretty rushed. the fight between vivica and uma was bad ass. the fight between her and darryl sucked nuts, the fight with the crazy eighty-eights. and lucy liu was top notched. dont give a f uck what you say. that was top notched ****, loved it can watch it over and over.acting was awesome, everyone did good jobs alll around. as for the dragon ball movie, eh. doesnt look that good to me at all, the martial arts looks for ****.

the first fight between uma and vivica was really well done IMO. I think it was the best in the movie.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    the first fight between uma and vivica was really well done IMO. I think it was the best in the movie.
    As long as you don't mind people sticking out their arms with the elbow locked and letting them hang there for seconds while they pose for the camera...

When knife fighting...

That's called "how to get your arm cut bad".
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

for what it is though, a couple of chicks with no experience, it was an exciting fight scene.

sure after you watch ANY fight scene's enough, you can pick em apart. But I remember being highly entertained when that fight scene first played on the big screen.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

but of course this is coming from a guy (me) who is entertained by even worse fight scenes....shaw brothers comes to mind.

See I only really like the best.

Best actors + best coreography > best actors > best coreography > anything less than best.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    but of course this is coming from a guy (me) who is entertained by even worse fight scenes....shaw brothers comes to mind.

I can mention a great number of Shaws with far better fight scenes than Uma Thurman vs. Vivica Fox.

However, it pays to remember that movie fights are choreographed for drama and entertainment value, and not on what is or isn't tactically 'correct' in real fights. Just like Uma throwing her SOG Desert Dagger at Vivica would be a huge tactical mistake in real life.

yeah people keep forgetting that itsA F
    UCKING MOVIE

It's a FVCKING BAD MOVIE!!!
    Simon McNeil

thats in your opinion and judging by the way you judged film aint worth a hill o beans. mostly because its extremely biased ad your in the minority on most of it. you know what i tell people like you go see if you can do better, cause i've worked with trained martial artist who couldnt. dont talk about it be about it.