Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: more shaolin-do

more shaolin-do

This is simular to the White Eyebrow council's decision around 200 years ago to create Hua Chein (Modern Hua) in order to encompass all the moves of the roads of the Hua into one form.
    When Master Sin first taught out the form, that is the story he told. That a group "White Eyebrow Council" had met and from this meeting it was decided that the Hua roads would be comdensed into one form. Now I may have been under the influence of mind altering drugs at the time but that is the way I remember the background going. Perhaps some of the other old timers from Master Sin's saturday class can shed some more light on this. So many years, so many beers.....
    so how did this work? 200 years ago a bunch of bak mei peeps got together in a council and decided to create a style of long fist?

interesting
    Mack 10 just got out of court,
    rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
    Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin

From what I have gathered, this council didnt create a new system, just a new form. They took the classic roads (or books) of hua and compiled them together to form what we call "modern hua fist". It supposedly has the "best" moves and different new ones that the masters sitting on this council believed would make a hua stylist more proficient. It is a really long form. The roads of hua are long as it is, but this modern hua form is like three if not all four of them put together.

Ben

ps. I have only seen it, not learned it. If someone else wants to chime in here, go for it. I have some of the roads of hua, and really like the modern hua fist, but I am definitely not an expert.

I think he's asking about how Bak Mei masters can put together a Hua system.
    Shut up and train.

LUEsers unite

I'm still trying to figure out how SD is kung fu.

And why is Sin The wearing a mullet, unless he's, can it be, no, but maybe. Is Sin The really Watchman?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

That quote was taken from a reply that I posted on another board. Again, it was the background that was told to me when I started learning the form many many years ago. Now is it the truth? Not sure on that one. I wasn't around back then. If it is infact made up, does that change the content of the form? Not in the least.

As I have said before, it makes me LMAO the way that everyone is so concerned about SD and its material, history, and so on. You people take this stuff wayyyyy to seriously. Go outside, get a job, enjoy life.

The best part of it all is that with all the popularity that the bashers create (SD in the title of a thread will make it the most read every time), you are exposing not only the huge fake that you claim it to be, but also you are advertising it to tons of people. Some will take your words as truth and follow your bashing ways, but other will become curious as to what SD is all about. They will go to a local school, see the material that they will have the oppurtunity to learn, and become life long students. So, keep it up so our membership will grow and eventually overtake the MA world....<wicked evil grin>

Me thinks that someone over estimates the power of the KFO forum.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

So, are you saying SD has its roots in Bak Mei? I've seen the website by clicking links here ... doesn't look like it.
    Last edited by Ray Pina; 10-27-2003 at 07:14 AM.

No, not at all. SD has its roots from SD.

And me thinks that a lot of people over estimates the power of KFO.....that was kind of my point.

Hmmm, not that I am aware of. The Hua that is learned in SD is composed of The 4 Books (or Roads) , 2 two man sets and then Hua chien (Modern Hua).

Now, is it different from the other Hua styles? not sure, never been to Hua mountian and wasn't around when it was created. Is Hua Chien different from the 4 books? No, the moves are very similar with out a lot of the repetition. All I know is that my legs ache when I do all of them. Darn good forms for leg strength from the low stances and the high kicks.

****I thought your roots were from Fukien, which would mean your roots lie in traditional Shaolin Kung Fu.

No, my roots stop at Master Sin and with SD. As to where his reach, I can not attest to that. Ask him.

******Why would Shaolin have a council based around the traitor monk who helped the government destroy the temple?

Why did we arms countries years ago only to go to war with them later? Heck if I know but sh*t happens.

All I know for sure is that it is a really nice form. I personally love the Hua forms both classic and the modern one.

*****Maybe before you spread any more "bullshlt" around, you should do a little research to make sure it is correct.

Why? To please you? What fun would that be. It was, by the way originally posted on another board. They had no problem with it so you shouldn't either. Chill dude, you are getting way to excited over the little things
    Last edited by Golden Tiger; 10-27-2003 at 08:36 AM.

Erm... Id go so far as to say that maybe 10-15% of the students Ive met know about all the BS involved....
    "In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

Ok, lets say thats not where the form came from. Does it change the content in the least? Heck no. When I found out there wasn't a Santa Claus, I didn't disown my parents for lying to me for all those years and I still got presents on Christmas morning.

I am still cracked up by how serious you guy take the "history and lineage" stuff. It has absolutely nothing to do with the content of a form. Either the form benifits you by teaching you a new technique or improves your overall conditioning by getting up off you a$$ and doing it. History or not, there is a benifit. Yuo are so caught up in "my style can be traced back to God" that you are missing out on everything else.

If I found out today that everything taught to date in SD was dreamed up, stolen, coppied, etc. it would not take anything away from my skill. I guess now that I think of it, since I didn't learn physics from Einstein or math from DeCartes and my teachers in college can't produce evidence that they have 6 degrees of seperation from them, I need to rip up my degree and quit my job. Come on guys, look at what you are arguing...so freakin silly.....

Originally posted by Golden Tiger
    I am still cracked up by how serious you guy take the "history and lineage" stuff. It has absolutely nothing to do with the content of a form.
    Then why lie about it?
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Originally posted by Golden Tiger
    I guess now that I think of it, since I didn't learn physics from Einstein or math from DeCartes and my teachers in college can't produce evidence that they have 6 degrees of seperation from them, I need to rip up my degree and quit my job. Come on guys, look at what you are arguing...so freakin silly.....
    Actually, mathematicians keep very close track of degrees of separation, specifically Erdos numbers, which are very well documented. In fact, this is the basis from which the whole "six degrees of separation" silliness was derived.
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash