They are fockin us up, they fockin up the fight against HIV
    Burn them, burn
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

hmnn,
    xebbs , in all fairness , I believe the vatican's stance is against promiscuity, and fornication (sex before marriage), with that being said , they are against the use of condoms as a means of birth control , and much prefer the traditional method of gauging a womans (one's wife specifically) fertility based on her menstrual cycle.

to put it simply they only believe sex should take place within the confines of marriage. to me it is not a realistic stance , but , it would in fact deter alot of todays problems.

so to say that they are against condoms in the regard you posted , is much like propoganda.
    there are far more greater atrocities that you can accuse the church of, but this is not one of them, it's actually a very moral stance that coincides with thier views on fidelity.

k.

this thread is really good because it has a lot to do with kung fu......or not.

Xebby.

The Vatican is anti-contraception. PERIOD.

since kung fu means skill, and knowledge is empowerment, and therefore a factor in contributing to the influence of ones skill, then everything is about kung fu , is it not?

If I had to fight the pope, I would go in close immediately, and try to switch up body blows and head shots until I could set him up for a takedown. Alternately, I might keep my distance and set him up with lots of low kicks. The end goal would be to make him fall and break his hip. Once that was achieved, I would make myself pope, and promote condoms and sex with people your own age, disgusting as that may sound. Oh, and fish on all fridays, not just during lent. And I mean good fish.

the pope has a big staff that might pose a problem if u want to close distance and a pointy hat, and his robe and vestments might make studying his movements complicated.

oh and i'd just like to add contraception is in thier view murder.

Watch it man, the Pope fought against the Germans in the Polish underground.

Xebs, would you bonk someone with aids even while wearing a condom?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Murder? I think you might be hard pressed to show that a majority of catholics believe something as extreme as that. It is seen as a shirking of the duty to procreate for god, but this is not the same as murder. And catholics are not universal in even that belief. In any case, if dead sperm are murder, then artificial insemination on a wide scale is the only way to minimize that, since billions of sperm die every day during unprotected sex(sally struthers "we can't let this happen!")

The pope's hat is merely decorative, and he's known to be terrible with the staff(like any other celibate would). However, you're right, his movements might be elusive. How would you get around this problem?

Funny/doomed to be deleted thread...

might as well get in a dig!

My theory is that the Catholics are going about it all wrong. If they want everybody to procreate then they should promote contraception so that, in the space of a few generations, all those who DON'T have the urge to procreate will die off and the species will evolve towards the procreation-oriented.

But: they don't believe in evolution, either, so WTF?
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Re: Burn the Vatican and the churches that follow it

Originally posted by Xebsball
    Thats right, burn

The Vatican says that condoms dont work
    "They dont work, dont use condoms, we against condoms"

They are fockin us up, they fockin up the fight against HIV
    Burn them, burn
    No Xebsball,you butt-slamming your buddies in the jungles of Brazil is "fockin" up the fight against HIV/AIDS

Our goal is to keep Xebs from breeding.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Originally posted by ZIM
    But: they don't believe in evolution, either, so WTF?
    Yeah they do.

Regarding the initial topic, the remark the Vatican made was that abtinence was the only perfect defense against STDs and that it was a preferable defense to condoms.

That might not be PC, and one could certainly argue about their intentions, and/or the potential results; but at very least, they're right.

Our goal is to keep Xebs from breeding.
    I thought our goal was to get xebby laid?
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

1) Use of birth control is a mortal sin according to the Catholic Cachetism. It has been declared such by several Popes, at least one of whom invoked the doctrine of infallibility when making the pronouncement.

2) The Pope has stated that the Church takes no position on the evolution debate, except to affirm that it is a valid theory and one that you can believe in and still be Catholic.

3) The Catholic Church in Africa has stated that condoms do not stop the HIV virus at all, due to the virus being 'small enough to fit through the porous latex'. This is flatly untrue, and to state such in a country where over 50% of the populace is infected in an epidemic raging out of control is ridiculously irresponsible.

4) This topic is well-reasoned, has much to do with kung fu, and will obviously not devolve into an acrimonious flamewar.

Quick, pick which numbered statement is not correct!
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn