Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tae Kwon Do Hyung Forms Manual

Tae Kwon Do Hyung Forms Manual

For anyone on here that might do TKD Hyung forms, my instructor has released his forms teaching manual and is selling them for 22.50 plus shipping. I have found it to be a great tool in learning new forms as well as aiding in the recovery of the forms I did as a lower belt. It covers beginner through advanced black belt and most importantly covers applications of all of the moves. It is available through his website at classictaekwondo.com. My apologies to the mods if this is in the wrong section or improperly posted.

Kevin

Thumbs up

No, it's exactly the right place. Nice job posting this.

Thanks for the reassurance of my posting. I just hope that I can offer this to the right people. There seems to be a lack of a well rounded Tae Kwon Do forum similar to this website. Anyone familiar with any?

Have no idea.. TKD seems very popular so it would b strange if there aint no forums around.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

We can get Rogue to come down here.

Thumbs up

Very good... it mentions Gichin Funakoshis name, doesn't look like a McDojang to me
    Go Surf!
    Train hard and work hard to gain mastery.
    Do not train and you gain nothing.
    Spread good karma!!! Because if you dont, you get hit by bad karma!!!
    Then you will step in dog crap!!!=)
    Karate's better!!!

The arnis does look weird though, why are they wearing gi's? http://www.innernet.net/thilsctkd/arnis_pix.htm

Not like my hardcore Kali..

-cz

Originally posted by chen zhen
    The arnis does look weird though, why are they wearing gi's? http://www.innernet.net/thilsctkd/arnis_pix.htm

Not like my hardcore Kali..

-cz
    That was just a clinic. We do not normally practice arnis. We practice traditional Tae Kwon Do, but are encouraged to at least try other things and incorporate them into one/three steps and sparring. We have Bagua 2 nights a week too, and a guy that does Judo/Jujitsu on Saturdays.

Cool.
    But I wonder if TKD can be called traditional, since it was developed only 45 years ago..

hehehehe
    Go Surf!
    Karate's better!!!

& Shotokan is only 60 years old.

Considering how much Tae Kwon Do has changed over the years and how commercial it has become, I would call what we do traditional.

http://www.usu.edu/taekwond/history.html

Our school was originally affiliated with the World Tae Kwon Do Association, and my instructor was taught by Mr. Son. The link below is a good example of why not many deal with Mr. Son anymore, including our own school. It also gives you an idea as to why I consider calling what we practice traditional Tae Kwon Do.

http://www.usu.edu/taekwond/cdka/m-kimletter.html

Originally posted by chen zhen
    & Shotokan is only 60 years old.
    No...Its 80 1922-2002=80 years.......well 81 this year
    Go Surf!
    Karate's better!!!

For any one that was interested in this manual and was too lazy to find out about it, I have put a few on Ebay for my instructor. Here is the link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=16044
    Cost is 22.50 plus shipping.

Hi KFord,
    What hyung do you guys do?

I'd tell those young black belts to correct the breaking of their wrist while punching. See the same thing in my school, especially with the women.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.