Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any video of REAL Kung-Fu out there?

Any video of REAL Kung-Fu out there?

Just curious if there is any video of pure kung-fu. Many people on here have told me that Kung-Fu is changed to compete for sport. Is there any video of REAL Kung-Fu fighting out there? Thanks!!

Look for Suntzu's link to a buncha san shou bouts in quicktime. That's the first place to check, I think.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

I have watch San Shou but that is no REAL Kung-Fu according to many people on here...since it is sport. Hell, it looks just like Muay Thai mixed with Wrestling.

there are .wmv files of ch'ang, tung sheng giving a demo somewhere on the internet. i don't have the links, but i'm sure someone here does.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    TW, there is some stuff at emptyflower.com
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Thanks, I have seen some videos from emptyflower.com but never looked there mysellf. I'll see what I can find but if you could post some links to videos showing REAL Kung-Fu I would appreciate it.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    TW, this has gone round and round before.

there isn't anything out there showing "real" (whatever that is compared to ''not-real'') kung fu.

I hope to have some video from my bouts in the USJJ nationals this october. If I can point to anything in those that I feel stems from my kung fu training (21 years) as opposed to the 6 months of jujitsu training, then I'll post them on my website.

movement is movement whether it's 'kung fu' or 'wrestling' or 'jujitsu' or whatever. you can either fight well with it due to how hard you have trained it or you can't.

fer example, we did a throw last night in jujitsu class that is in at least 3 of the forms I know from kung fu. One of them tai chi where it is called 'slant flying'. the names don't frikkin matter.

I don't think you are trolling here but I do wish everyone would just shut the **** up about the differences and just train.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Have to agree with Oso.

What is REAL Kung Fu?
    What is REAL wrestling?
    etc

IMHO, people would be better MA if they stopped worrying so much about what is REAL and what is not.

Names and similar mean nothing, if you can pull the technique off succesfully than it was REAL.

Just my thoughts.
    Witty signature under construction.

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

I'm interested in seeing Kung Fu outside of sport, since I many people have said that Kung Fu under restrictions isn't REAL Kung Fu. Do you feel otherwise Oso.

Xebsball, I mean no disrespect when I say what follows: I looked at the majority of the videos on that site and they look like bull****.

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    in wich way?
    wich clip more specificly you intend to coment at?
    pick one, or ten

i dont have em downloaded on this puter, so id need to download again
    Last edited by Xebsball; 07-23-2003 at 07:32 PM.
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Well, the very first one was one of the worst:

http://www.regifraga.hpg.ig.com.br/X...tem/Clips1.wmv

1 - The guy could easily continue through wth the punch in my opinion. He has his body behind it while the other guy only has his arm to block. (edit: after watching in slow motion the attackers punch stops forward movement before the defenders block even reaches the attacking arm... i know i know, just a demo)

2 - Why does the attacker just bend over? Is he reacting to the defender's hand movement towards him. Is the defender doing something I can't see? How many times do you think they did this for it to look right?
    Last edited by truewrestler; 07-23-2003 at 07:36 PM.

That looks significantly less silly and fake than BJJ does to essentially everyone before they try it out for themselves.

In what respect Christopher? Did Royce Gracie taking down everyone and choking them out look silly to you? or was it him breaking arms that was silly? Get back to me on that, haha. Seriously though, please let me know what you mean.

Flying armbars look patently ridiculous. Flopping to guard from no contact and sitting there in wide open guard looks utterly silly. Hugging someone and flopping to guard looks just plain goofy.

That people made it work wasn't the question. Whether or not it looked foreign and absurd to people unfamiliar with it was.