Page 32 of 59 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin-Do answers challenge.

Originally posted by norther practitioner

So far I've only done fan, straight sword, broadsword, and staff. I still have spear, hook swords, 2 straight sword forms, another broadsword, and another staff form to learn.... plus I would like to learn some flexible weapons some time too.. not just beat the hell out of myself with them..
    I haven't learned many flexible weapons yet. Don't know if I want to. I'm fairly tall so I like the staff, spear, and Kwan dao. Learning strainght sword right now. Still have chain whip, 3 sectional staff, double broad swords, and double hook swords to learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Just one thing to say about melon hammers. . .

FEEL THE BURN!
    Badges?
    We don't need no stinking badges!

Any traditional weighted weapon can get that way.. I practice the same sword form with different weight swords.. gets much harder in some postures with a combat steel sword.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

I prefer combat steel in a broad sword and the heavier the Kwan dao, the better. I like my straight swords to be around 2lbs though.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I like myweapons as heavy as I can find
    Have red wood staff, nunchakus, tonfas, and a redwood broadsword, which isactually pretty light.
    Have a 3 section, but dont really know how to do sh!t with it...

I use whatever I can afford I used to own a three section staff, but the end broke off when my teacher was playing with it. Last time I buy a Chinese weapon from a Karate school, lol

I use a medium weight broadsword, combat steel straight sword.. my chain whip is heavy too... but for demos sometimes I use wushu steel...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

With my straight sword I like a little flexibility in the blade, but not so much that it feels like tin foil. My favorite is still the Paul Chan practical tai chi sowrd.

33 pages of this gibbereish..... wow I am impressed.

Mercer and rhadnotti,

I have a question for you. I am in az, currently looking for a schooland am curious of the forms that SD teach. If it is shaolin kung fu then it should look close to the forms that yan ming and shaoi pu teach. Do you guys learn traditional forms such as tan tui, breakfall and small red fist. I do understand that kung fu is up to ones own interpretation and this is what makes it very form sifu to sifu. But the core of the form will usually remain the same.

Whats your take on this?

Arhat
    Arhat of Fury

With my straight sword I like a little flexibility in the blade, but not so much that it feels like tin foil. My favorite is still the Paul Chan practical tai chi sowrd.
    You'd probably like the new wushu competition swords. Still semi flexable, but not with the snaping and poping you hear with the tin foilish ones. They're heavier and much better balanced too.

If it is shaolin kung fu then it should look close to the forms that yan ming and shaoi pu teach.

Why should it? Are they the last word on Shaolin kung fu?? Are they the last descendents of Shaolin temple? Are they the ONLY ones that can teach Shaolin forms correctly?

I think not.

Originally posted by crazymaddrunk
    If it is shaolin kung fu then it should look close to the forms that yan ming and shaoi pu teach.

Why should it? Are they the last word on Shaolin kung fu?? Are they the last descendents of Shaolin temple? Are they the ONLY ones that can teach Shaolin forms correctly?

I think not.
    For once I actually agree with you. There are many arts that can claim a lineage from Shaolin. Not all of them will look the same.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Are they the last descendents of Shaolin temple?
    Everyone knows Sin The' is the last bastion of true Shaolin knowledge, right CMD?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I am the last bastion of all Shao-lin knowledge you rank infidel. That is why you see me as a threat.
    REMEMBER: I Am Sin The' and you are not.

Originally posted by Sin The'
    I am the last bastion of all Shao-lin knowledge you rank infidel. That is why you see me as a threat.
    Go play on a freeway.