Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoga

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by groovenugget View Post
    and hate weight training.
    this is why you have failed, my son.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

lol, thanks for the encouragement. i do hope to try kettlebells this year, we'll see.
    back to the point at hand.

If you don't want to devote time to taking care of your fitness and lack the willpower for weightlifting, what could you gain from attempting yoga?

Quote Originally Posted by groovenugget View Post
    dont have alot of time, and hate weight training. trying to consolidate time and effort. what about yoga-not just stretching, but strengthening and pranayam as well. please discuss.
    I think it's a good idea. I can't say much about yoga specifically, but I believe there are some similarities with certain kinds of qigong that I'm more familiar with. Calm exercise routines with a relaxation component are more sustainable over the whole life course. Find a group you like and go for it. My 2€

Yoga applications!

I almost posted this on Successful Street Applications, but then thought it sat better here.
    2012/09/22 23:48 KST
    (LEAD) 'Korean Houdini' nabbed after six days on the run
    DAEGU, Sept. 22 (Yonhap) -- A robbery suspect who earned the nickname "Korean Houdini" after breaking out of prison through a very narrow cell window was nabbed Saturday after six days on the run, police said.

Choi Gab-bok, 50, was caught on the rooftop of an apartment building in Milyang, 386 kilometers southeast of Seoul, earlier in the day, said Daegu's Dongbu Police Station. Milyang is about 30 kilometers south from Daegu.

Upon a tipoff from a villager in Milyang, police raided an apartment building and arrested the suspect hiding in a cardboard box on rooftop, police officials said.

Choi, with a lean body, had escaped a police jail in Daegu last Monday. He reportedly applied a type of salve all over his body before squeezing through a 15-centimeter-high, 45-centimeter-wide food slot in the bars of a detention cell at the Daegu police station around 5 a.m. on Sept. 17, while all three police officers on duty slept. The story of the Houdini-style breakout has gripped the nation throughout this week.

A police investigator who reviewed footage from a prison surveillance camera told reporters that Choi who is 165 centimeters tall and weighs 52 kilograms escaped from the prison cell in less than a minute after moving flexibly like an octopus. Choi, who was initially detained on Sept. 12 on robbery charges, is known as a yoga master after improving his physical fitness during previous detentions totaling 23 years, according to his acquaintances and investigators.

On being arrested again, Choi insisted that he escaped to prove his innocence.

Officials at the Daegu police station said Choi was detained this time in a cell with a far smaller food slot measuring 11 cm in height and 102.5 cm in width.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Yoga

How many of you guys/gals practise Yoga as part of your training. I always wanted to try and a new place just opened up right by work. I know nothing about it though so any info would be appreciated. What to look for what not to look for. etc...

Thanks

I practice Yoga regularly.

It's like Kung Fu, simply begin and continue.

your knowledge will grow as you do it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    How many of you guys/gals practise Yoga as part of your training. I always wanted to try and a new place just opened up right by work. I know nothing about it though so any info would be appreciated. What to look for what not to look for. etc...

Thanks
    Find a class with the hottest women.
    Join.
    Enjoy.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Been doing hatha yoga for 41 years now, although I seriously injured my hip doing yoga about 4 1/2 years ago!

It was a stupid mistake, a momentary lapse in concentration that I am still paying for!

But only one injury in all that time is pretty good, and it saved me from many other injuries along the way.

I don't believe in yoga teachers though!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Been doing hatha yoga for 41 years now, although I seriously injured my hip doing yoga about 4 1/2 years ago!

It was a stupid mistake, a momentary lapse in concentration that I am still paying for!

But only one injury in all that time is pretty good, and it saved me from many other injuries along the way.

I don't believe in yoga teachers though!
    Ouch! How'd you hurt yourself?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Thanks for the feedback. I might go in and give it a go. Looks like they are certified by the canadian alliance of yoga and are CYT - 200 under Hatha Yoga. I knid of figured there are frauds out there or those who don't know what they're doing, so i thought i'd ask.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    actually, I'd say that it's very important to choose judiciously when one takes up yoga, given the proliferation of unqualified people teaching these days and books written poorly on the topic;
    Normally, I would agree. But someone coming in from the void doesn't have much in the way of judiciousness regarding choice.

hence, "your knowledge will grow as you do it".

Kind of like how one discovers their teacher isn't really well versed in stuff after all and so on.

His passion and desire for knowledge as a student should override or align with the teacher eventually.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Stacey Guest

Who needs yoga?

http://www.hgc.mcmail.com/

If I could do this, I would hire myself out as a ninja

There is a reason only female children are seen in that site. Because an older persoun would kill himself or herself trying it.
    I have a signature.

Imagine what you could do with them when they turn 18....
    lol seriously, kids like these could become great martial artists don't you think?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."