Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Training BLOG

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    4-7-03

Nada. Couple of things going on messing with my head.
    Taught class.

Guile, no unfortunately not all muscle. No flab, I'm just husky
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

You gonna write the Ralek-esque recap? or should I?
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Havent read the thread...

My Typical week:

Every Morning: approx~ 6-7am

Stretch
    forms
    situps and other light conditioning
    shadowbox
    smash heavybag or tire w/sticks for couple rounds
    shower & eat

Work for a bit, sometimes 4hrs, sometimes 6, sometimes 8! (OMG)

Monday night: Open training from 5-8 or 9pm

Tuesday night: Open roll night at local bjj acad, 6-8pm

Wednesday night: Train with teacher(class) 5-8 or 9pm

Thursday night: Train with teacher (class) 5-8 or 9pm

Friday night: Open training from 5-8 or 9pm. Sometimes go sparr randoms at school across town.

Saturday morning: Private with teacher 10-noon

Saturday afternoon: sparring.

Sunday: Lots of rest and food, little bit of training here and there, maybe catch a movie or go drink a little tequilla somewhere.

No weight training right now, lots of jumping rope and situps and getting punched and kicked and hit with sticks.

Just went to a Rick Faye seminar in Sacramento this weekend (4/5, 4/6) - badass.

strike!

For 7* and BJ:

Our silat is Bukhti Negara and of course Maphilindo (Guru Inosanto blend.)

strike!

More news from wimpville - tried doubling the reps on my hindu squats last night (uh, to 100.) I made it to 70 but today I don't want to climb any stairs.

I was at 150 before I smushed my knee, dangit.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

stardate 20030408

45 minutes of cardio. I hate that rowing machine At least the view at the gym is worth it.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

4-8-03

Good night

Stairclimber, 2 miles, 96 flights, 15:31, HIIT 1 min level 5/1 min lvl 10

Chest and Triceps tonight, first time in 6 weeks or so.

Flat, Incline, Decline, Tricep extensions, Fly's

did some stuff on a Hammer Strength machine called a 'Jammer'
    couldn't quite figure it out, seems like you start in a horse and then lean into the grips and basically do a military press and finish leaning forward and extended. Anybody know this machine?

then I went to jujitsu class. Finally worked their standing joint lock flow enough that I have it now. Then did some sparring and got a busted lip and caught an accidental head smash to the jaw reel gud. very nice.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Date: today
    gave blood, put a damper on my working out unless someone wants to give me a few red blood cells for the evening.

hey girl! where the heck have you been?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

SevenStar's log. Stardate 20030408

Hit the gym - worked chest - 260 X 5 for two sets and 225 X 7 for two sets. ran 1.5 miles

In bjj, we worked transitions to mount and reversals to them. While rolling I tried several techniques that I've been working. I have to make a conscious effort to try something that I never use, so if I use and it's not successful, I'm still happy.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Did ab work. Ow.
    ***SONIC KICK***

Stardate 20030410

Midweek update so this thing don't die.

Monday
    Hit the gym- did a good 40 min of cardio. Didn't realize how crowded it would be, didn't do circuit room.

Tuesday
    Slept for about 18 hours straight. Must have been sick or something. Maybe just sick of stress & everything that's been going wrong lately. No training.

Wednesday
    Made it to class 2 hours early. Did forms practise and loosened up. Did great for about an hour, til I tweaked my knee again. Took an hour rest and started class on schedule. Went slow on the knee. By the end of class it wasn't much of a problem.

Overall
    Diet's in a sorry state. Not dealing well with my vices. Dog comes back today (she wore out her welcome). Need to find her a home. Sick of being stressed. If I survive the next few weeks, things will finally start looking up. Only 1 day off my schedule, so this week may turn out well regardless- we'll see by this weekend. Lots to improve for next week.
    I Love It When They Call Me Pork Chop-pa

Ate Pizza.
    Expanded the stomach.
    Waist power
    ***SONIC KICK***

4-9-03

Really dang sore from chest workout tuesday. Must get into regular program again.

No real workout today, but I feel like I had one of those classes where I was really in the 'zone' with my teaching. Only 5 students, but my core group, and it was just a really good class, everyone training hard and sweating the whole class.

Seven, hope you don't mind but since we are of approximate size I'm using you as a benchmark -- plus, you're my hero, TKD chiks and all that real fighting

My usual chest workout is as follows, all on HammerStrength equipment cuz I train alone and my shoulders need the guided movement:

Flat Bench
    Incline Bench
    Decline Bench

I warm up with a set of 12 w/ 90 lbs (2-45's) on the flat
    Then I do 3 sets of 12 w/ 180 lbs on each of the benches with a 60 second rest between each set.

Then I do tricep extensions a set of 12 w/ 60 lbs followed by a set of 12 w/ 40 then a 60 second rest.

Then I do a fly machine starting at 110 lbs to exhaustion, rest, 100 lbs to exhaustion, rest, 90 lbs to exhaustion.

****edit*****

so, what do you feel I'm getting out of this sort of workout. If I can get back into regular I will still only really have time for one day a week on chest/triceps and another on back/bicieps and maybe another day on misc stuff.

***end edit****

and what little bit I did on that jammer machine really pegged my front deltoids.

gonna do back and biceps tonight teach kids class and go to jujitsu class.
    Last edited by Oso; 04-10-2003 at 07:42 AM.

awww, shucks

for the chest workout, sounds like you're trying to gain size and strength. If you can knock out 3 sets of 12 though, you can jump the weight up 2 something that will let you only do sets of 8 - 10.

I'm going mainly for strength right now, so on the bench, you're doing way more sets than me. Here's what I do:

1 set warm up - 135 lbs. 12 reps

265 lbs X 2 sets

- that weight varies, as the I try to increase weight each workout until I find a weight that I can no longer get for 5 reps - that will probably happen today at lunch when I try for 270. I take about 3 mins of rest between those sets.

225 lbs X 3 sets

I'll do that for sets of 7 or so with about 1.5 - 2 mins rest between sets. I don't do flies, inclines or declines.

The soreness will happen because of the volume of work you're doing.

keep it up!

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter