Thread: Which Shaolin Monks have done videos?

Which Shaolin Monks have done videos?

Can anybody add to this list of Shaolin Monks that have done instructional videos that are or have been for sale? (Videos in English if possible, but any are good)

Shi Guolin--A whole bunch

Shi Yan Ming---Tong Bei & Basics, Xiao Lohan, Monk Spade

Shi De Cheng---Breathing & Movements(Xiaohong, 18 Lohan), Self-Defense & Unarmed Combat (Dahong, Yi Jin Jing,Lianhuan, Tongbei), Weapons Techniques & Animal Stances (Eagle, Leopard, Mantis, Monkey, Damo Sword, Meihua Broadsword, 13 Movement Spear, Yin Shou Staff, Whip Chain)

Shi De Qian--Yi Jin Jing

Shi Yong Xin---Ten Famous Shaolin Boxing (Hong, Tongbei, Liu He, Pao Chuan, Da Lohan, etc.) TV Teaching Art Programme

Thank you.

tricky question

In both Guolin and Yongxin's, they oversaw the production. I don't think Yongxin actually deomstrates in his series. Guolin only demonstrates a few select sets, mostly internal stuff. So do you count the monks that appear on the series too? For example, Hengxin appears on a few of Guolin's tapes, so does he get his own?

My master Decheng actually did a second series for french video. It was mostly the jibengong - to be honest, I haven't looked at it in a while so I can't remember what else he put on there.

If you start looking into VCD's you'll open a huge pandora's box. It get's even trickier when you consider the whole wuseng issue.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Monk videos

Operating under the principle of broad to specific, I'd like to find out about series first, then specific monks doing the form. So, yes. However VCDs are something else. For the purpose of this question, I was hoping to stick to a non-PALS/VHS format as well as DVD, but if anybody has any info on good VCDs that would be appreciated.
    I'm asking because I no longer have a teacher, so I'm learning from videos (and books...anything I can find that has the froms I'm learning in it...the more sources, the better!), then hoping to get some private lessons. Any help would be appreciated. I do have other videos like Wheel of Life and a demo from '92 (I think) in the Seattle area of the "first tour" of the monks in the US (includes Shi Guolin and Shi Yanming among others).

another series from spain

Shaolin Disciple Juan Carlos has quite a few videos, and from what i have heard he is quite talented. I know one of the videos on the basics has Shi XingHong on the cover too. I think you can buy this video series in the US now.....****, i can't find the link i'll post it when i do.

I think you can also get a copy of former monk Zhang Li Peng (XingPeng) doing Shao Hong Chuan from www.shaolin.nl

Other than that, i think you have it covered with your list.

respect to all,
    kungfu****