Thread: Vegetarian

Hybrid View

vegetable proteins are "low quality“ proteins having fewer amino acids, which is sub optimal for muscle. However, tendons (collagen) unlike muscle are "low quality protein", the amino acids required to build tendons are fewer. I wonder if a vegetarian diet can be used to encourage tendon growth, and will give a try.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    vegetable proteins are "low quality“ proteins having fewer amino acids, which is sub optimal for muscle. However, tendons (collagen) unlike muscle are "low quality protein", the amino acids required to build tendons are fewer. I wonder if a vegetarian diet can be used to encourage tendon growth, and will give a try.
    FYI Soy has all the amino acids for a complete protein...

Quote Originally Posted by YinOrYan View Post
    FYI Soy has all the amino acids for a complete protein...
    technically true, but the complex amino acids are in low amounts.

The thing is, muscle has been reported in studies to competitively absorb nutrients and hinder tendon growth, by both being much more vascular than soft tissue, and also hormonal response. So by limiting the essential amino acids for muscle, but being enough for protein, along with tendon specific exercises, hoping perhaps it could selectively encourage tendon growth. so far, google says soy protein in studies promote collagen synthesis.

My current plan is 5-6 days of plant diet and 1-2 days of meat intake. Any advice and pointers by any online kung fu brothers would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    Any advice and pointers by any online kung fu brothers would be appreciated.
    Uh, I would think (since the Muscle/Tendon Change Classic was said to be left behind by Bodhidharma after his departure from the Shaolin Monastery) that the current Shaolin experts would know what food encourages tendon growth, but raw soy milk works for me...

Greetings,

For Tendon/Ligament: Beef Tendon
    For Cartilage/Joint Health/Inflammation: Chicken Feet
    For Musculature: Beef Short Rib, Oxtails (Use the vegetables to shore up the amino acids that beef supplies.)

Other: MSM Do research on this to see if there is a benefit for you.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 12-26-2023 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

For Tendon/Ligament: Beef Tendon
    For Cartilage/Joint Health/Inflammation: Chicken Feet
    For Musculature: Beef Short Rib, Oxtails (Use the vegetables to shore up the amino acids that beef supplies.)

Other: MSM Do research on this to see if there is a benefit for you.

mickey
    Thanks. Meat was eaten once a few months to once a year, so these items were not available as common kung fu training diet, but occasional "medicinal" foods for sympathetic magic (eating tendon to absorb the power of the tendon).

However, both collagen and plant protein are low quality proteins that supress muscle hypertrohpy, so I am hoping to get feedback from people who use these diets (collagen or soy protein dominated diet), about their tendon strength and size.

For bawang

Greetings,

The following link is to a u tube member who is a vegan bodybuilder. She has been doing this for quite a few years. Every so often, she posts up what she eats in a day. What I have noticed is that, over time, she has been including more and more soy protein into her diet and it shows. Her muscularity is different and not in a positive way, suggesting that the tendon benefit is outweighing the muscular. Take a look for yourself. The change, over time, is something. Her body looked better before increasing the amount of soy in her diet.

https://www.youtube.com/@ToniMitchell/videos

mickey