Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which Colossal Death Robot are you?

Hybrid View

I took this a while ago and got Megatron. It said I was a badass death robot, which made me feel tingly.

IronFist & CSN:

The ABC Warriors are from 2000AD, an ancient and excellent sci-fi comic mag published in Great Britain. They published a lot of Jamie Hewlett's early work, and all of the original Judge Dredd stuff was in 2000AD, before it came out under it's own title. ABC Warriors was actually a separate series from Judge Dredd, that took place in the same universe but in a different (ill-defined) time from the events in most of the Judge Dredd stories.

If you saw the (bad) Judge Dredd movie, the big robot that the villain uses as a henchman is visually modeled after the ABC Warriors, who are basically a military platoon of robot commandos.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Thanks for the info, FatherDog.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    My favorite test at http://www.rumandmonkey.com is the "are you ****ed?" test. I wish we could cut and paste the html for our answers in here, because they look great and are hilarious.

I'll be reincarnated, as it turns out.
    Every single thing I picked, ended in reincarnated.

Wait, once I got Valhalla by changing one answer, but I went back and randomly picked stuff a few times and got reincarnated each time.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I'm Calibretto! Kick. Arse.
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

gigantor baby yeah!
    Travis

structure in motion

Originally posted by IronFist

Every single thing I picked, ended in reincarnated.

Wait, once I got Valhalla by changing one answer, but I went back and randomly picked stuff a few times and got reincarnated each time.

IronFist
    I got purgatory
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Though you are leaving this life in God's grace, you haven't quite been able to stop youself from sinning. Our God is an angry God, and requires that you serve your time in limbo before you pass through the pearly gates. Some theologians believe that while you are resting here you won't know that eventually you will reach heaven, causing terrible doubts and hopeless speculation. Good luck.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

SWEET

i got valhalla baby

You will die a warrior and be spirited away by warbling wenches to the Hall of the Slain. Meat and mead for ever more, well until Ragnarok, anyway, when you will do battle with giants, giantesses, dwarfs, elves and Nidhug, a dragon who likes to nibble trees. Odin is great!

sweeeet
    Travis

structure in motion

It sorta makes sense that purgatory would be an Edward Hopper painting, too.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Guinness World Record Tai Chi Robots

More than a thousand dancing robots break world record
    By Daniel Uria | Aug. 18, 2017 at 12:03 PM

About 1,069 dancing robots completed a synchronized dancing routine to claim a Guinness World Record for "Most robots dancing simultaneously."Screen capture/Guinness World Record/YouTube

Aug. 18 (UPI) -- More than a thousand robots performed a choreographed dance routine together to set a world record in China.

The 1,069 "Dobi" robots, produced by WL Intelligent Technology Co. Ltd, completed the synchronized performance in Guangzhou, Guangdong, to claim the Guinness World Record for "Most robots dancing simultaneously."

A few of the robots accidentally toppled over during the performance and were deducted from the final total.

All of the robots were programmed via a singular group control system and are able to talk, do Tai Chi and perform several other actions in addition to dancing.

WL Intelligent Technology topped the record of 1,007 dancing robots, previously held by fellow Chinese company Ever Win Company & Ltd.

Which Colossal Death Robot are you? The Tai Chi Robots that set Martial Arts World Record?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Robot in Chinese is jigiren

机器人 - "machine" "instrument" "person" It'll be good to know this when the Chinese jiqiren apocalypse comes...

China's Future, Reshaped by Robots
    Automation may upend the prevailing wisdom.
    By Tom Orlik
    August 23, 2017 at 2:00:07 PM PDT

Just getting started. Photographer: VCG/Getty Images

Speak to China experts these days and you typically get one of two contrasting views on its outlook. The prevailing wisdom is that an unreformed state-industrial sector and rising debt mean it is on an unsustainable path, with a financial crisis on the not-too-distant horizon. The optimists acknowledge that debt is too high, but hold out hope that a growing services sector will fuel stronger consumption, reducing the need for credit-fueled investment and putting the economy on a sustainable path for the medium-term.

What if they're both wrong?

That's the possibility suggested by the rapid automation of China's factories. In 2016, China installed 87,000 industrial robots, up 27 percent from the year before and a record for any country. Annual growth could continue at a 20 percent pace to 2020, according to the International Federation of Robotics. And that's likely just the beginning: President Xi Jinping has called for a "robot revolution," as China overtakes the manufacturing capacity of other countries. "We will make robots until there's no more people in factories," says Max Chu, general manager of E-Deodar, a robotics startup.

What might that mean for the economy?

At home, the news is mixed. One benefit is that automation should increase productivity. In South Korea, which has the highest robot density of any major economy, profit per worker at auto firms was $152,000 in 2016. In China, it was just $48,000. Along with aggressive efforts to boost technology in other fields, automation has the potential to bolster China's competitiveness and sustain rapid growth. As its workforce ages and starts to shrink, factories staffed with robots won't feel the pinch.

For workers, though, the news might not be so good. In China, as everywhere else, automation will likely erode incomes for those with fewer skills. China already ranks alongside some African and Latin American countries in terms of inequality. Based on data from the China Household Finance Survey, the richest 10 percent of households account for 50 percent of income, at the expense of a smaller share for everyone else.

Higher inequality, in turn, could impede China's transition toward a consumer-driven economy. China's rich do almost all of its saving, while poor and some middle-class households save little or nothing. By skewing income distribution even more toward the rich, automation risks further increasing China's very high savings rate, and further eroding its very low consumption. If that happens, the two other sources of demand -- investment and exports -- will become all the more important.

For China, that might work out OK. On the export side, by boosting competitiveness, automation could allow China's factories to maintain their hold on low value-added parts of the production chain, while moving further into higher-value areas now dominated by Japan, South Korea and Taiwan. As for investment, high saving by rich households will mean that banks stay amply funded. Weak consumption will keep a lid on inflation, allowing the central bank to keep interest rates low and credit flowing.

For the rest of the world, however, the picture looks less positive. China's industrial strategy will chip away at the remaining competitive advantages enjoyed by American, German, Japanese and Korean companies, putting high-skill jobs at risk. As inequality dents the spending power of China's middle class, the expected surge in Chinese demand for foreign goods -- and hence foreign labor -- might never arrive. In a pessimistic scenario, robots would sustain China's growth, but deal a larger blow to employment in the West than sweatshop labor ever did. After all, one of America's main exports to China is food. If Max Chu has his way, there will be no more workers left to buy it.

It's still possible that the benefits (and costs) of automation are overstated, and that robots are far less likely to replace humans than techno-visionaries assume. It's also possible that China's government will ease the drawbacks of automation with farsighted policies -- such as a universal income guarantee -- to prop up wages and consumption. Japan's early experience of automation offers a hopeful example: Rising productivity and wages for low-skilled workers actually reduced inequality through the 1960s and '70s.

Absent a Chinese Arnold Schwarzenegger (Chow Yun-fat?) teleporting back from the future to tell us what's going on, we'll have to wait and see. But the rise of the robots could well mean that the optimists and pessimists are both wrong -- and that China's future looks very different than anyone imagined.

This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.

To contact the author of this story:
    Tom Orlik at torlik4@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story:
    Timothy Lavin at tlavin1@bloomberg.net
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

That's it. We're done.

Resistance is futile

Sex robot ARMIES: Fears hackers could create killer cyborgs and turn technology on punters
    ULTRA-REALISTIC sex robots could be used by warped hackers to attack humans, according to a chilling warning.
    By Jamie Micklethwaite / Published 9th September 2017

“Once hacked they could absolutely be used to perform physical actions”
    Dr Nick Patterson

The sex robot craze has swept the globe, with punters willing to fork out the cash to have their wicked way with the dolls.

And producers have promised punters more realism than ever, with dolls able to mimic human voices and have orgasms set to enter the market.

But tech experts have warned that the more advanced these robots get, the greater the risk they will pose to mankind.

GETTY
    KILLER: Could sex robots rise up against randy owners?

Inventor Elon Musk labelled advanced AI including sex robots as the biggest risk of World War 3, claiming that North Korea should be low on our list of concerns.

Cyber security lecturer Dr Nick Patterson worryingly said that hacking into a sex robot could even be easier than gaining access to someone’s laptop or phone.

He added that once the robot has been breached, the hacker then has full control.

INSTAGRAM/REAL DOLL
    LOOKS COULD KILL: These robots could become deadly

He told Daily Star Online: “Hackers can hack into a robot or a robotic device and have full control of the connections, arms, legs and other attached tools like in some cases knives or welding devices.

“Often these robots can be upwards of 200 pounds, and very strong. Once a robot is hacked, the hacker has full control and can issue instructions to the robot.

“The last thing you want is for a hacker to have control over one of these robots! Once hacked they could absolutely be used to perform physical actions for an advantageous scenario or to cause damage.”

Dr Patterson, of Deakin University, Australia, predicted that we will soon see robots replacing human workers and mimicking humans.

But as long as the robots are connected to an interface, they can always be hacked.

He added: “Robots need an operating system to operate just like our phones, tablets and laptops.

“As we have seen, it’s popular to have everything connected to the internet these days – phones, fridges, surveillance cameras, smart homes… robots are no different.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Which Colossal Death Robot are you?

Alright now. Let's start this Monday off by copying all the sex robot posts off our Which Colossal Death Robot are you? into a stand-alone Sex Bot thread. Because it's time has cum.

Talking Sex Robots With Warm Genitals Will Be on Sale Next Year
    They'll cost about $15,000 and, presumably, a little bit of your dignity.
    By James Grebey on October 31, 2016

A trip to Westworld costs $40,000 a day, but by next year, you’ll be able to simulate at least part of the experience for less than half that price, because a new line of upsettingly realistic sex robots is going to hit the market. They might not have cowboy hats by default, but they do have warm genitals.
    Writing in The Daily Mail, robotics expert David Levy predicted that sex robots with the ability to talk and respond to touch will be commercially available in 2017.
    “This coming wave of sex robots will be human-like in appearance and size,” He wrote. “They will have human-like genitals. And they will allow intercourse according to their owner’s sexual orientation and tastes.”
    According to Levy, the first wave of these new sex robots will resemble RealDolls — realistic silicon dolls created by a company in California — but with more “functionality.” (The quotes around “functionality” were present in Levy’s original writing, so make of that what you will). However, they’ll soon advance far beyond that.
    For $15,000, Levy says users will be able to buy sex robots with synthetic skin embedded with electronic sensors allowing them to respond to touch, the ability to talk back in a “sexy voice,” and heating elements so that they’ll be warm … all over.

A RealDoll.

Abyss Creations, which makes RealDolls, is supposedly at the forefront of this field, though there are numerous Asian companies making major advances of their own. Matt McMullen, the founder and CEO of Abyss Creations said his vision for the future of sex robots involved emotional attachment.
    “I want to have people actually develop an emotional attachment to not only the robot but the actual character behind it,” McMullen said. “To develop some kind of love for this being.”
    Of course, that’s complicated. Can a robot consent — or does it even matter? We may find out firsthand in less than a year.
    “I’ve no doubt some will find it creepy, but we can be clear on this: The arrival of sexually responsive robots will have enormous consequences,” Levy said.

Photos via Getty Images / David McNewWritten by James Grebey
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

MegaBots vs. Suidobashi

17 October at 7:00 p.m. PST

MegaBots Inc.‏ Verified account
    @MegaBots
    Follow @MegaBots
    More
    IT'S TIME FOR THE GIANT ROBOT DUEL! #GiantRobotDuel @Twitch