Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A pile of BibleTruths. (yes,again)

Thumbs up A pile of BibleTruths. (yes,again)

http://www.selfdefenseforums.com/for...?threadid=1572

Feel free to tell what you think.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Definitely a pile of something.

IMO most people in cults (that e-mail was definitely from someone in a religious cult) don't want to think for themselves. They want someone else to take over and assume they'll be perfectly safe.

A person who thinks for himself is a benefit to his religion, his family, and himself.

People who spout religious garbage like those folks are full of hatred for others and themselves. They're also extremely annoying.
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

Thumbs up

Yeah.
    Nothing to be really concerned about,unless you have lots of excessive compassion..
    Just thought that was interesting.
    Thanks for posting.

Bring it on!
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

And I often wonder why some people think Christians are froot loops These people sure don't help.

I didn't read all of the replies there but I really liked the reply from the orginal poster to the cult guys reply.

I think the Lord wants us to prepare and be able to defend ourselve. There is a lot of difference between running around hitting people and starting fights and walking down the street and defending your self and helping others, or fighting for your freedom, or participating in a sport.

These same people probably think the military are devil spawns. Could you imagine if we sat back and never fought for our freedom, we wouldn't be here that's for sure.

Oh-well, there are nuts in every cheese ball.

Stacey Guest
    yeah well I can find biblical support for anything.

I can find it "hinted" that I should screw hookers.

Unhappy

He should stay away from prescription drugs. Being delusional and paranoid is not attractive.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

dude, they weren't prescription drugs. he's high on religion.

didn't read all the replies, but the author's response was pretty keen.
    Last edited by rubthebuddha; 11-12-2002 at 02:39 PM.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Some folks just aren't able to read into the meaning of the scriptures. For instance, the "turn your other cheek" thing. If someone were to break into your house, and shoot your oldest son, do you then tell the shooter to go ahead and shoot your youngest son too? The answer is no. A lot has to do with intention.
    But if you hit back, no matter for what cause, then you have not resisted evil, and have become partakers of the evil.
    I take this to mean that if someone slashes the tires on my car, and it really angers me, I would be wrong if I go looking for them with the intention to hurt them for what they have done to me. If someone tries or does manage to hit you, and you put them on the ground, it's so they will not have the opportunity to hurt you again, not because you are some demon-posessed hate-filled warmonger.

We are still human beings. The bible itself states that Jesus died to cleanse us of our sins. It's not like you turn to Christ and automatically never sin again. It's about realizing when you have sinned, asking for forgiveness, and making every effort not to repeat those sins. The bible says that if you accept Jesus as the son of God and confess it with your tongue you are saved. I find it hard to believe that getting together with a group of good people who don't engage in crime, who take care of their bodies, who respect one another, who try and protect children and women from evil folks...would disqualify you from entering heaven.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

We need more opinionated bible bashers! Then all the dirty martial artists around the world can be rounded up and burnt at the stake!

Honestly, doesn't it say somewhere that God helps those who help themselves?

Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

We have heard from many in martial arts who try and twist this, and say it does not mean what it says. But such people are liars, because Jesus does not lie
    Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged".

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Originally posted by TaoBoy
    Honestly, doesn't it say somewhere that God helps those who help themselves?
    That's a quote from Ben Franklin.

Who is a fine source of interesting and thought provoking quotes, but I doubt many Christians take him as gospel.

As for that letter...

"So as an example we should look at Him, and follow Him completely in every part of our lives....Jesus never hit back, no not even in self-defence."

John 2:14-2:15 "In the temple he found those who were selling oxen and sheep and pigeons, and the money-changers at their business. And making a whip of cords, he drove them all, with the sheep and oxen, out of the temple; and he poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables."

So, since we should look to Him as an example, their real problem with us is we're doing all our fighting with godless hands and feet and heathen Chinee weaponry. If we were beating each other up with knotted cords, everything would be groovy.

FTR, I think Don's response to the email was outstanding.

LOL, knotted-cord fu!
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

Ben Franklin, hey?

I knew it wasn't a biblical quote - but I didn't know the source.
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

here's some Franklin:

" When a religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when it does not support itself, and God doesn not take care to support it so that its professors are obliged to call for help of the civil, 'tis a sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one."

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason."