Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Hand Smoke

Second Hand Smoke

Disrespectfull is the word that comes to mind.
    But I must look at the situation in a neutral point of view.
    without taking sides
    Me dictating how people should live by NOT smoking and thrusting my point of view down there throughts would not be fare.

So lets look at it in a ray of reality

honest

smoking causes cancer
    smoking causes shortness of breath

simply put, putting smoke in your lungs other than air is not scripted in our D.N.A.

Neutral

(Devils Advocate)
    People have a right to choose (to smoke)
    none smokers shouldn't have to deal with second hand smoke.
    it is true that there are smoking sections in public sanctions.
    Respecting the rights of the smokers is reflected on how we want our rights to be respected!

Clarity

Bottom line---Does smoke harm cellular growth---yes it does!

Bottom line---Does anyone deserve 28 Billion dollars for a smoking lawsuit?
    My intelligents has just been insulted by the ruling of the California court. 28 billion to one person, there is no clarity in this decission.

For the record
    I do HATE smoke!!!!
    Honest Neutral Clarity

As an asthmatic, I agree. Smoke is bad mkay?
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Inconsiderate smokers are really starting to p!ss me off!
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

that was a bizarre law suit !

But incidentally, I heard a true story about a "cure" for Asthma, though I would not dare to prescribe to anyone. Apparently it was well practised till about 30 years ago, and surely still practised in certain parts of China.

A man once picked up a very young mice and swallowed it whole. There ya go, bon apetit.

Smokers ! hehehe

If cigarette smoke smelled nice (like fresh roses after an afternoon shower, or a freshly powdered baby's bottom, or newly mowed hay) then there'd be less complaints about this, I bet. But it stinks. Really, really stinks. And there's the rub.

I smoke an occasional cigar after dinner, maybe once or twice a month. But I'm not boorish enough to do it in someone else's face. That's just rude.
    K. Mark Hoover

what bothers me more is that ppl just smoke and blow it out all over the place, right in your faces when ur walking past or whatever... it really makes u cough and choke.

clubs and bars are the worst... at least in SF they have a no smoking policy which sounds good - it would be impossible here in the UK. Once you get inside theres just a cloud of smoke and u cant see clearly - it can hurt ur eyes and stuff. even incense or whatever is not as THICK in the air as smoke is imo

also the health effects it can have arereal bad, especially if u have asthma or whatever...

prana: that cure sounds like it could work! lol

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

who are you argueing against ?

In my opinion all the smokers arn't listening or caring

BTW I'm not a smoker i am just wondering why you people are having a full on arguement with no-one
    " All I see is racist faces, misplaced hate makes disgrace of races " Tupac

You finally understand the foundation of the problem, Einstein. The smokers DON'T CARE. They see other people gripe and moan about their filthy habit, flip 'em the nicotine-stained bird, and go on with destroying their lungs and the healthy lungs around them.

You're right. They don't care. But then neither does any other drug user with a monkey on his back. He wants his fix. Period.
    K. Mark Hoover

Angry

Besides second hand smoke, my pet peeve is people that throw cigarette butts on the ground.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

What I hate too is when you are in a public building that is smoke free and some lights one up.

Not all smokers are like this though but there are plenty of them that are.

thats what i dislike as well, even some people on buses (coaches), trains etc. you can easily smell it even though they are trying to be 'sneeky'...

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

The thing is, you cannot legislate smoking out of existence.

I don't mind people smoking. However, I don't like them doing it near me. Personally, I find smoking to be repulsive. It is a very unwholesome habit. Nevertheless, people are going to continue doing it.

To a society that prizes freedom of choice on a wide variety of issues, prohibiting smoking is an anathema. If a person wants to commit slow suicide, that is their choice, not ours. Also, I find these lawsuits to be, quite frankly, ridiculous. There have been warning labels on cigarette packs for decades. A person cannot say they didn't know the inherent risks of smoking or that the tobacco industry is at fault.

Though, to an extent, the tobacco industry is at fault. They manufacture a very unhealthy product that people want. However, the onus is on the smoker to face the fact they are responsible for their illness, not anyone else. Perhaps when people are willing to take on that responsibility, we can come to some sort of common sense resolution.
    Me fail English? That's unpossible!

Originally posted by buksing_king
    who are you argueing against ?

In my opinion all the smokers arn't listening or caring

BTW I'm not a smoker i am just wondering why you people are having a full on arguement with no-one
    It's a forum - a place to air your opinions on the topics at hand.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Somewhere, there's an old kung fu master who stinks to death of tobacco who's lighting up in between forms.

There. Now we're on topic.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

I only smoke when I'm on fire or

When smoke 'en with a woman...ugh.

Yep, smoking, I don't like it. If people smoke, fine, just not near me. I have many a relatives that smoke (some with heart conditions), but they are respectful in that they smoke outside if at my house and the butts always make it to an ashtray...I hate it when a smoker throws a butt on the ground...very disrespectful. But I would fight (legally) for someones right to smoke (just not near me).

Bjj should choke cigarettes out (on topic). Kung Fu should split the cigarette in two with a sword, etc. etc.