Thread: Shaolin Monks in Texas contact info?

Shaolin Monks in Texas contact info?

Could someone give me contact info for the two Texas monks? address, email, website, etc.

hope this helps

http://www.shaolinusa.org/

This is all the info I have.

~Jason
    館術國勇威 Wei Yong Martial Arts Association
    戰挑的權霸統傳 The Challenge for Traditional Supremacy
    http://www.weiyongkungfu.com

Houston monk contact info

that website is the contact info for Shi DeShan.
    shaolinusa.org

here is the contact info for Shi XingHao:

Shaolin Kung Fu Academy
    10052 Harwin Dr., Suite 209 (suite 103 office)
    Houston, Tx 77036
    832-419-5388

we are still in the process of getting our website up and running. you can contact me by email if you have any questions
    kungfud0rk@kungfud0rk.com
    (replace the "zero" with an "o", i can't type that word on this list)

respect to all,
    dieter wagner

Hey, thanks guys! I was asking for someone on Jetli's forum so I'll forward the info to him :-)

And Xingying?

I heard he set up just down the street from Madame Wong Jurong. Is that true kfd0rk?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

xing ying

as for XingYing? i haven't spoken to anyone that can be 100% sure that he is still in houston.

kungfud0rk

My other Houston sources....

... they tell me that Xingying opened shop right down the street from Madame Wong. Can you ask around and validate that?
    What is up with TX and NY? Kick us down some monks, will ya?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

When did Xingying leave? Why is it none of these monks (NY and TX) stay together. From what I uderstand all the NY monks once started out together.

lone monks...

My understanding is that Xingying left just before our anniversary benefit gala in late August.

None of the monks stay together for very long. Hengxin recently left Guolin in NY (Yanming and Lipeng were not really with Guolin, although Guolin and Yanming left from the same exhibition tour.) Deshan, Xinghao & Xingying all came on the same tour, but Xingying was in CA prior to joining Deshan in TX, which he did after Xinghao struck out on his own.

If I were to toe the party line on this, I would say it's because all the monks are on a mission to spread Shaolin teachings, so they must spread out. But in fact, it's more about the monks themselves. To become a Shaolin monk, you have to excel at Shaolin. Now there are literally over 10,000 practitioners in the Shaolin area who train 24/7. They produce hundreds of national level champs in sanda and wushu. To be considered for as a monk, you have to stand out from that crowd. Then to be able to leave China, you have to stand out from the monks. So all the monks that are out of China are very exceptional. Frankly, one american community cannot contain two monks. It's like that town ain't big enough. So they strike out on their own. Unfortunately, the TX situation is kind of crazy, since the monks don't strike out very far. All three have stayed within the confines of the Chinese community there. That's too bad really becuase it generates a less than friendly rivalry in the students. When the monks strike out, they should strike out ****her, but I know it's hard for them to leave their dedicated students and start over.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

From what I understood about the NY monks (yanming and guolin), after they defected they both found there own ways to meet and live with Yanchang in NY. I heard they all lived together and setup shop together. After awhile Yanming was first to leave and then guolin. Then Hengxin came over to assist guolin and Li Peng to start on his own.

Speaking of Hengxin......... are you ever going to do any stories on him?

Ted

The NYers

Yanchang was already in NY and I know that Yanming and Guolin had some interaction with him, but I wasn't aware that they ever set up shop together. None of them seem to like to discuss that time. As for Hengxin, we will probably do something with him someday. He has promised to wirte something for us, perhaps for our next Shaolin special.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I was at that tournament

Yes, Deshan has solid qigong skills. His qinna is impressive too.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips