Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zatoichi

Originally posted by Ben Gash
    Mat, I thought Battle Royale was excellent, remeniscent of the best comic strips and classic sci fi short stories.
    Yes, I heard alot good things about that movie.
    I seen only the beginning of it, but it seems good.

And I see Brother, that was really good.

And I seen Kikurijro...I highly recomend that one, it touched my heart and made me cry. /

Only odd thing I noticed about the guy is that...he walks a bit werid. Like he just got off a horse.
    A"recovered" crack addict. "That came from being one of the Reagan-era kids when I was in middle school as part of that whole Just Say No thing. They would have people who were recovering addicts come to talk to us at school. One guy in particular came to talk to us about drugs. But it didn't sound like he thought they were that bad. He sounded more like a commercial for drugs than a warning."
    -Dave Chappelle on Tyrone Biggums

"A good male hostage negotiator can talk the pants off a nun. And a good female negotiator could be caught in bed with another man by her husband and the next moment would be standing up, putting her clothes on, acting like it was a big joke, convincing the husband that nothing happened. And after a while, maybe he wouldn't believe it, he's not stupid, but it would put some doubts in his head..."
    -CPD hostage negotiator

I thought it was gash...

No offence!

The script was straight out of the most boring, trite teenage romance manga beloved of 36 year-old OLs (Office Ladies) with fetishes for Kitty-chan knickers who never made it out of high-school hell. YMOV!

It may have looked cooler over there, but if you actually understood what the hell they were talking about you would recognize it ain't no Lord of the Flies, and it ain't no Heart of Darkness either! It had its cool bits, but not many.

Beat walks funny cos he was half paralysed in a drunk motorbike accident.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Originally posted by Mat
    I thought it was gash...

No offence!

The script was straight out of the most boring, trite teenage romance manga beloved of 36 year-old OLs (Office Ladies) with fetishes for Kitty-chan knickers who never made it out of high-school hell. YMOV!

It may have looked cooler over there, but if you actually understood what the hell they were talking about you would recognize it ain't no Lord of the Flies, and it ain't no Heart of Darkness either! It had its cool bits, but not many.

Beat walks funny cos he was half paralysed in a drunk motorbike accident.
    Oy?....

What movie are you talking about there? Kikurjro? Office Ladies?...noooo!

Seems like you know some japanese flicks, do you reconize my avatar, it's from my most favorite movie.
    A"recovered" crack addict. "That came from being one of the Reagan-era kids when I was in middle school as part of that whole Just Say No thing. They would have people who were recovering addicts come to talk to us at school. One guy in particular came to talk to us about drugs. But it didn't sound like he thought they were that bad. He sounded more like a commercial for drugs than a warning."

"A good male hostage negotiator can talk the pants off a nun. And a good female negotiator could be caught in bed with another man by her husband and the next moment would be standing up, putting her clothes on, acting like it was a big joke, convincing the husband that nothing happened. And after a while, maybe he wouldn't believe it, he's not stupid, but it would put some doubts in his head..."
    -CPD hostage negotiator

Nah, not Kikujiro no Natsu, back to Battle Royale.

I know a few Japanese movies, being as I live here with me Japanese gf, get by in the lingo, and know a movie fashion designer and a Japanese actor in two movies out this summer. But actually, not that many, and I don't recognize your avatar!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Originally posted by Mat
    Nah, not Kikujiro no Natsu, back to Battle Royale.

I know a few Japanese movies, being as I live here with me Japanese gf, get by in the lingo, and know a movie fashion designer and a Japanese actor in two movies out this summer. But actually, not that many, and I don't recognize your avatar!
    Dead or Alive.

The best movie EVER!

The most random ending in it that I have ever seen.

-CPD hostage negotiator

lol

true dat.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Originally posted by Odin of Wei

Dead or Alive.

The best movie EVER!

The most random ending in it that I have ever seen.
    They made a sequel to DOA and its hiliarious. At the end they form like voltron.

Originally posted by Gangsterfist

They made a sequel to DOA and its hiliarious. At the end they form like voltron.
    There was three sequels...and your talking about DOA Final (the 3rd and...obviously final one).

I happened to see all 3 and own the first DOA on DVD.

I have very different opinions on all three. You know what I think about the 1st movie.

But I found the second DOA: Birds, to be a bit boring and a bit drawn out. Miike (the director) tried to have this movie more of a comdey but didn't really work...some parts it did...SOME parts...and you can see how hard he tried at it.

The 3rd had some sweet action in it. Some may think he over used the CGI too much but it looks really good, ok story too. But the ending just ruined the whole movie. When they did turn into a robot it was really gay....literally.

I was very mad with the other two...but the actor in my avatar is my favorite actor...he's just got that angry mug look in the whole movie...never seen Stallone or Mr. Governer of Cail. look that cool.

But Miike REALLY ****ed me off with Fudoh...don't get me started.

-CPD hostage negotiator

I'll look out for that. Cheers.

Visitor Q has to be the worse, when I saw that...just blew my mind away.
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

Saw The Returner this week. Seriously cool, and I was really impressed with the production values.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Saw Zaitochi last night

Fuc-king brilliant- funny, moving, stylish, violent everything you expect from a Beat film.

Moral of the story? never try and cheat a blind man in a game of dice.

One gripe- some of the cgi was a bit blatant- so it only gets 9/10
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

Liked the Returner, dunno why, nothing special... guess I liked the characters... and some of the action is quite fresh.

The Returner blew. I couldn't even watch the whole thing.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Is the new Zatoichi coming out in theatres in the USA?

Anyone know?