Thread: Ol Skool Popper From The Bay Area Got A Question.....

Ol Skool Popper From The Bay Area Got A Question.....

PEACEnRESPECT

i'm just a baby in Wing Chun this post has nothing to do MA [persay] here's my question....

DO ANY OF YOU POP???????
    it's the WEST COAST COUSIN TO Bboyn [break dancing]
    any howz i been poppin for like 23 yrs and i see alot of simalrities minus the MARTIAL aspect
    any how.
    A- are there any BAY AREA headz on thiz forum who are also dancerz [Bboy,popper,houser,locker,freestyler.etc] ???????

B-are there any dancers on this forum who would want to drop some knowledge on they're experience as a MARTIAL/DANCE artist?????????
    because it's a subject that intrests me [it'z a hobby] and i i'm wondering if i'm the only one out there
    any wayz
    PEACEnRESPECT

NAMELESnFACELESS

TRON

currently San Diego, ca, but am going back to Washington

Cool martial dance

Yo, Tron, you ain't the only one who sees the similarities. Look at liquid, for house/trance kids, it is very similar to tai chi, and have you seen the kids that swing glowsticks on strings? Alot like 7and 9-section whip chains. Fire dancers, those hippies, use the same techniques that any staff fighter uses. I do all of those thigs above, and used to pop. I still do, but I hurt my knee, and can't do lower body that well anymore. I still glide like a mutha****a though. I'm in San Diego right now, and if you want, hit me up woth an e-mail, and we can compare styles.

wyrdwzrd19@hotmail.com

keep it real
    marcusG

SAN DIEGO...MOTION SIKNESS

have u heard of those guyz?? they live out there in S.D. YES YES yea i do see alot of similarities with the CHAIN/GLOW STICK [lol] picture someone entering a WUSHU comp. with that
    [lol]
    here's one............
    i do what they call "HITTING" right? itz when u lock up everything to the beat well through the years i learned to ISOLATE that HIT and some how some way [after watching a BRUCE LEE documentary lol] i started messyn with my friends with the 1 inch punch ....MARCUS...........BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [lololol] u should see people's face when i hit em when i tell em i learned it through POPPIN they're face looks even more confused
    any wayz bra i'll hit u up please do the same AWRIGHT?????
    peaceNrespect

TRON

poettron@aol.com

ps
    last sunday in SAN JOSE i danced with the
    LPC [liqued poppin crew] out of NYC they were sik